DAVID MARSHALL " IVE WAITED YEARS "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 pm

MARSHALL DESERVES IT :thumbright:

Going to be hard to keep him this a Summer?

Sport Football Football News Scotland football team

David Marshall: I've waited years to nail down Scotland No1 jersey.. I'm not letting it go now without a fight

Sunday 28th March 2015

By Craig Swan

CARDIFF keeper hopeful of retaining his place between the sticks as he battles it out with in-form Celtic keeper Craig Gordon to start against Gibraltar.

DAVID MARSHALL and Craig Gordon were close room-mates during their early days with 
Scotland.

But the Cardiff star insists he’s desperate to lock his pal out of Gordon Strachan’s thoughts and bolt the door shut to the No.1 slot.

Marshall is praying for the nod against Gibraltar and a 17th cap.

Having been 11 years in the senior set-up for just 16 previous outings, the 30-year-old has spent long enough in the shadows and hours warming the bench to go back there now.

Marshall has started all four of the qualifiers in this campaign against Germany, Georgia, Poland and Republic of Ireland and is now looking for the clean sweep.

And if that means disappointing his mates Gordon and Allan McGregor, then so be it.

Marshall insists the glove rivals are the very best of friends.

Daily RecordCraig Gordon, Allan McGregor and David Marshall give Scotland strong competition for the No1 jersey
But when it comes to grabbing the No.1 shirt, the Bluebirds ace knows sentiment must have no home in his mindset and he’s got his eyes firmly on the job for the visit of the Group D bunnies.

Marshall said: “Everyone knows my history with Scotland.

“I had to wait years and years to get caps, so it makes each one more 
valuable now as I get older.

“I don’t want to give it up, so I’ll just continue to do what I can.

“The gaffer hasn’t done the team yet, so I’ll just take it as it comes.

“I’ve been in the squad long enough to know it’s hard to sit and not play but I’ve played the last few qualifiers and I’m looking to play on Sunday.

“With the standard of the keepers here, it’s difficult to consider yourself the No.1.

“I’ve waited a long time to get a chance but the boys are all fit.

“Craig has done great to get playing at Celtic and Allan is playing in the English Premier League and won’t take it for granted.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: DAVID MARSHALL " IVE WAITED YEARS "

Postby Davedingbluebird » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:10 pm

To be fair Annis he deserves the no1 spot and regrettably he's most likely a gonna in the summer, however I think if he wanted to go he would've been gone by now but by his own admission he is truly settled in and at Cardiff he doesn't want to go.

Unsure what type of contract he's on or until when but hopefully he will stay..

Shame he became the first keeper to concede a goal against Gibralter but having not seen the goal I don't want to comment any durther.. Nethertheless he is City's and Scitkands No1 no question

:bluescarf:
Davedingbluebird

Return to General Chat