Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Coleman go down as 1 of the great Welsh managers?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:15 pm

If we qualified?

First major tournament for 60 years?

I know he has his critics but IMO he would have to

Re: Would Coleman go down as 1 of the great Welsh managers?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 pm

He would have to and rightly so. Amazing performance today and the team spirit showed something Chester in the studio attributed to Colman.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm

After nearly sixty years without qualifying, no doubt he would!

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:02 am

He has inherited some good players.
More of Wales players are now playing in the premiership compared to years ago.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:35 pm

To be fair to Chris Coleman he took over at a bad time with gary speed passing it was a hard act to follow because the way gary speed turned us round to be fair to him he's build on that and doing a good job should he get us there he will deserve all the plaudits tobe honest I never been a lover of him only because the way he comes across in interviews .but I would dearly love to see him get us to qualify and take is rightfull place as a manger in Welsh football history

Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Football is all about results for me and hitting heights. If we qualified he'd have to go down as our most successful manager regardless of players he inherited etc.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Toshack and speed deserve a lot of credit for getting this generation playing together so often, so many young players with so many caps.

But if we win the group then yes without a doubt he would.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Gary Speed's legacy and momentum stood us in contention for good things to come but at the time I was defo not in the Coleman fan club after his appointment , but now things are looking up again . If and I say if we qualify then in my lifetime the answer to the question has to be yes !

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:17 pm

He will be the most famous Wales manager in history if we make it.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Toshack and speed deserve a lot of credit for getting this generation playing together so often, so many young players with so many caps.

But if we win the group then yes without a doubt he would.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much credit Speed deserves. The foundations had already been laid when he became manager. But he deserves huge credit for the way he got the players to play, i.e. the style of football.