Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where swansea there tonight

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:11 pm

:laughing6: :notworthy: :laughing6: I don't think so either :laughing6:

Re: Where swansea there tonight

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:14 pm

It's international break, leave rivalry aside and come together for Wales for 1 week please :sleepy2:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 pm

They never are but Wales is the most important thing tonight :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 am

cardiff 74 wrote::laughing6: :notworthy: :laughing6: I don't think so either :laughing6:

It`s amazing how you can laugh at Swansea , giving the state of your comedy club . A worldwide joke ! And this is not me being butthurt , this is me speaking the truth .
Your club is a joke . Keep looking up and keep being bitter and jelous . We are so far ahead of you in every single respect its comical clueless morons like you even bother commenting .
I would keep my head down and try not to be mentioned along side your far far more superior neighbours .

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:41 am

dantheswansman wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote::laughing6: :notworthy: :laughing6: I don't think so either :laughing6:

It`s amazing how you can laugh at Swansea , giving the state of your comedy club . A worldwide joke ! And this is not me being butthurt , this is me speaking the truth .
Your club is a joke . Keep looking up and keep being bitter and jelous . We are so far ahead of you in every single respect its comical clueless morons like you even bother commenting .
I would keep my head down and try not to be mentioned along side your far far more superior neighbours .

This is about following Wales your country.

You sing a rugby song claiming its a Welsh song but don't turn up to support your country. Its you who should be keeping your head low.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

You sing a rugby song claiming its a Welsh song but don't turn up to support your country. Its you who should be keeping your head low.

Sing a rugby song ? ? is that the same rugby song you lot used to sing ? ? You probably didn't even know . do some history on your comical club . You hypocrite

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:09 am

dantheswansman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

Sing a rugby song ? ? is that the same rugby song you lot used to sing ? ? You probably didn't even know . do some history on your comical club . You hypocrite

Hahaha its the now that matters, we don't sing rugby songs and follow our country.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 am

dantheswansman wrote:

Someone's having a meltdown lol I'm guessing this thread is about you lot not turning up to support your country, nothing to do with club rivalry

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

Someone's having a meltdown lol I'm guessing this thread is about you lot not turning up to support your country, nothing to do with club rivalry

:lol: very true! jack in meltdown when faced with a fact :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 am

I always find it fascinating how people can know who supports what club on international days? Ive been to many Wales game and im f*cked if i can tell who someone supports at club level just by looking at them. This thread seems a bit cheap to me.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:57 am

Ali_Keith wrote:I always find it fascinating how people can know who supports what club on international days? Ive been to many Wales game and im f*cked if i can tell who someone supports at club level just by looking at them. This thread seems a bit cheap to me.

To be honest the most supportive Welshman I have met is a Jack. He goes to every Swansea games plus all Welsh ones.

I have been to many Welsh games away and most I meet are either from up North or Cardiff. I've hardly met any Jacks.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:07 pm

dantheswansman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

The song about you being touched by your father :laughing6: That one ?

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:I always find it fascinating how people can know who supports what club on international days? Ive been to many Wales game and im f*cked if i can tell who someone supports at club level just by looking at them. This thread seems a bit cheap to me.

To be honest the most supportive Welshman I have met is a Jack. He goes to every Swansea games plus all Welsh ones.

I have been to many Welsh games away and most I meet are either from up North or Cardiff. I've hardly met any Jacks.

Ive met fans from everywhere following Wales, groups of Jacks, groups of our lot, Gogs, Newport, even Bristol.

What I will say though is only Cardiff fans seem to have a propensity to want to show their Cardiff tribalism at Wales games. I have never taken a CCFC flag or Cardiff jersey to Wales games. The divide in clubs is what has held the national support back for decades. international days should just be about the international team.

It seems a lot on here assume if they don't show club loyalties then you are either Cardiff or have no strong team allegiance which couldn't be further from the truth. You can tell that by the pictures of the flags etc its Cardiff tribalism on the international front that doesn't really exist anywhere else in Wales. (Although Merthyr are quite tribal on international trips too in fact)

Thats how I see it anyway.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Ive met fans from everywhere following Wales, groups of Jacks, groups of our lot, Gogs, Newport, even Bristol.

What I will say though is only Cardiff fans seem to have a propensity to want to show their Cardiff tribalism at Wales games. I have never taken a CCFC flag or Cardiff jersey to Wales games. The divide in clubs is what has held the national support back for decades. international days should just be about the international team.

It seems a lot on here assume if they don't show club loyalties then you are either Cardiff or have no strong team allegiance which couldn't be further from the truth. You can tell that by the pictures of the flags etc its Cardiff tribalism on the international front that doesn't really exist anywhere else in Wales. (Although Merthyr are quite tribal on international trips too in fact)

Top post! :thumbup:

Showing club allegiances at internationals is inappropriate in my book! One flag, one nation. Cymru Am Byth!

It's a bit like booing a player because he's from a certain club. Bellers used to get it and some still do on occasion (gone quiet since Wales started winning though tbf). It's time to look closer to home when mouthing off about support, with a half empty stadium at home. I couldn't afford the time or money for the Israel game, but I'll be there for Belgium at home. It'll be great to see the CCS bouncing with national pride. Let's leave it at that. :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Well I have no problem seeing a Welsh flag with your teams names on it or even the area you come from.

I've never seen any tribalism at Welsh internationals. Personally I think it is only a minority building this up to something it is not. Yes I have heard Ashley Williams booed when he had on for Wales at CCs. However that was only one or two people in a crowd of thousands. It is something that will not go away and it applies to all countries.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dantheswansman wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:01 pm

I always support the players who play for Wales no matter if they are cardiff or swansea there's a great picture of the cardiff and Swansea players together after game Wales Wales we are all in it together

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:10 pm

dantheswansman wrote:

It`s amazing how you can laugh at Swansea , giving the state of your comedy club . A worldwide joke !

Not many will admit it but you are correct

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Top post! :thumbup:

Showing club allegiances at internationals is inappropriate in my book! One flag, one nation. Cymru Am Byth!

It's a bit like booing a player because he's from a certain club. Bellers used to get it and some still do on occasion (gone quiet since Wales started winning though tbf). It's time to look closer to home when mouthing off about support, with a half empty stadium at home. I couldn't afford the time or money for the Israel game, but I'll be there for Belgium at home. It'll be great to see the CCS bouncing with national pride. Let's leave it at that. :thumbup:

Great posts,totally agree lets keep club rivalries out of international football Wales and Wales only at the Euro qualifiers

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 pm

I agree with that mate :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:28 pm

He wasn't criticising Swansea City - just the fans of that club, who, for whatever reason, never show up.

In fact, you've more chance of seeing Lord Lucan at a Wales away game.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 pm

rumpo kid wrote:He wasn't criticising Swansea City - just the fans of that club, who, for whatever reason, never show up.

Do you ask everyone who they support then? I know a load of jacks that go and met as many jacks on away games as our lot.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Maybe the OP got confused with everyone wearing RED,

just a thought

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:He wasn't criticising Swansea City - just the fans of that club, who, for whatever reason, never show up.

Do you ask everyone who they support then? I know a load of jacks that go and met as many jacks on away games as our lot.

maybe he's referring to fact that you never see swansea on flags at games see names of lots places in wales from north, mid, south!! bu not swansea area?:thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:

maybe he's referring to fact that you never see swansea on flags at games see names of lots places in wales from north, mid, south!! bu not swansea area?:thumbup:

As I already mentioned, only Cardiff and Merthyr seem to have this obsession with writing their team name on a welsh flag. The rest of Wales realise its international day. Id say the majority of the Welsh travelling support is from North Wales and you don't see many flags daubed with their club from them. I cringe every time I see them, its the problem in our Welsh support not something to celebrate.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:

As I already mentioned, only Cardiff and Merthyr seem to have this obsession with writing their team name on a welsh flag. The rest of Wales realise its international day. Id say the majority of the Welsh travelling support is from North Wales and you don't see many flags daubed with their club from them. I cringe every time I see them, its the problem in our Welsh support not something to celebrate.

mmm not all flags ive seen at games or shown on here are from city fans, there are numorous areas named on flags from all over wales! (not swansea for some reason) or are those fans all city fans living around wales??? because that is what you have just implied! :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:

mmm not all flags ive seen at games or shown on here are from city fans, there are numorous areas named on flags from all over wales! (not swansea for some reason) or are those fans all city fans living around wales??? because that is what you have just implied! :thumbup:

No problem with names on flags as far as i'm concerned Allan. But should Wales qualify (and i fully believe we will), then obviously there will be jacks going to France in numbers. So then, are we going to disgrace ourselves by fighting one another? Are small groups from either side going to be able to travel safely without fear of being attacked by larger numbers of twats that think they are up for it? My 18yr old son is planning on going with his mates from uni, They are fit boys but know nothing about football hooliganism as it's not the way they were brought up. I'm sure there will be many young Cardiff lads of the same! It's a bit more serious than trying to point score on a football messageboard about club rivalries etc I'm sure you'll agree!

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:

Ive implied nothing like that. Our club has a mass need to be seen at Wales games, i don't know why this is but has been prevalent for decades. Very tribal. There are a few scattered around from other places yes, just as there are Swansea but the majority of the flags have CCFC or such like on it. But there are thousands of people at a Wales game and only 100 flags or so, so to judge thousands of fans allegiances on a handful of flags that pretty much belong to a set of supporters who are well versed in doing it isnt really giving an accurate impression.

Wales games are for wales, the sooner we also fall in line with that the better.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 pm

The reality is that if we qualify and play in Paris then I'm telling you that you will have trouble between both sets of supporters. Even on this forum you have some idiots saying that swansea fans /flags are never seen and are somewhat proud of it. My mate who is a swansea fan displayed his welsh flag at last nights game with swansea city fc written on it yet it was torn down by people in front. As much as I dislike England, their fans at their matches have learnt that they are better as one rather than different groups spread out. Some of you need to grow up

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am

Fed up of this stupid argument. I know for a fact that some wanker of a Cardiff fan cut down a Swansea flag in Israel on Saturday. Does the motto "Together Stronger" mean nothing to some Cardiff fans?

The Jacks are one of us when it comes to Wales. Either get used to that or please f**k off, we don't need this division.