Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Where swansea there tonight

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:27 am

JonCCFC wrote:Fed up of this stupid argument. I know for a fact that some wanker of a Cardiff fan cut down a Swansea flag in Israel on Saturday. Does the motto "Together Stronger" mean nothing to some Cardiff fans?

The Jacks are one of us when it comes to Wales. Either get used to that or please f**k off, we don't need this division.

100% Jon!!!

I will be at the Belgium game wearing only Wales colours and carrying a Welsh flag and maybe a flag of St. David. There will be nothing written on it because it needs nothing else. In my humble opinion, to write on one of our flags is sacrilege. Forget about local allegiances because we are regarded by many as an insignificant pimple on England's arse. If you want to confirm that by territorial pissing, you have let your club and country down on the international stage.

950 fans went to Israel and I bet some didn't travel for fear of being caught up in violence. Take down your club and area banners and fly our flags proudly. People outside Wales have no idea of the significance of Aberdare, Merthyr, Port Talbot etc., etc. Focus the support on the guys on the pitch.

Rant over, nos da.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm

The reality is that if your not looking for trouble then your best bet if your a Swans supporter is to avoid going around shouting out where your from and who you support. I know a few Swans fans who were there on Saturday and I know plenty who went to Belgium and none of them brought flags with the Swans name on it. Likewise for home games, no Swans fans in their right mind is going to go to a game in the CCS letting people know who they support.

Put the rivalry aside for the internationals, I don't really care who supports who as long as they're supporting Wales.

Together Stronger.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 pm

SCFC wrote:The reality is that if your not looking for trouble then your best bet if your a Swans supporter is to avoid going around shouting out where your from and who you support. I know a few Swans fans who were there on Saturday and I know plenty who went to Belgium and none of them brought flags with the Swans name on it. Likewise for home games, no Swans fans in their right mind is going to go to a game in the CCS letting people know who they support.

Put the rivalry aside for the internationals, I don't really care who supports who as long as they're supporting Wales.

Together Stronger.

While I agree, maybe change your avatar for Wales threads!

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Penguin wrote:Image

That's the same flag that got cut down

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Here is a fair question then regarding internationals..... When England play why do you see (flags) with Chelsea West Ham Rochdale Rotherham Plymouth newcastle for eg ?????... and many more clubs on union jacks going far back as i can remember. Do you see just plain england flags every where??

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong in putting your club and area down on a welsh flag? You get it at rugby internationals, test cricket, British lions tours, even athletics. You see it at all sports on the international stage, and like the above poster said. You see loads of flags at England matches with different clubs written down on them. In fact lots of countrys fans do it at international matches. You're proud of your club, and the area you come from and want to show it off on the world stage. I don't see the problem

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong in putting your club and area down on a welsh flag? You get it at rugby internationals, test cricket, British lions tours, even athletics. You see it at all sports on the international stage, and like the above poster said. You see loads of flags at England matches with different clubs written down on them. In fact lots of countrys fans do it at international matches. You're proud of your club, and the area you come from and want to show it off on the world stage. I don't see the problem

Exactly so the teams like Rochdale Exeter sunderland bristol rovers ... Personally i like to see the support from clubs at internationals small or big clubs.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

There were loads of Swansea fans out in Israel. None of them caused any trouble. The way it should be

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:35 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong in putting your club and area down on a welsh flag? You get it at rugby internationals, test cricket, British lions tours, even athletics. You see it at all sports on the international stage, and like the above poster said. You see loads of flags at England matches with different clubs written down on them. In fact lots of countrys fans do it at international matches. You're proud of your club, and the area you come from and want to show it off on the world stage. I don't see the problem

I agree with you. I don't think there is a problem with it. The problem, like it or not, is that there has been a history of trouble at Wales games between Swansea and Cardiff. The main issue, as we know from the "Wear Red For Wales" campaign, is that Cardiff fans feel like they can wear club colours/pin badges/hats etc at Wales matches. Swans fans obviously wouldn't do this at Wales games in Cardiff! If Wales games were played in Swansea then it might even be the same the other way around. In fact, I know it's happened at the Liberty and Parc y Scarlets. I've seen it myself.

The other problem is that there are elements of Cardiff "fans" at Wales games that use bullying tactics. Actively looking for Swansea fans to cause trouble. I have seen this first hand. The fact a Swans flag was cut down in Israel is a form of bullying. It's cowardly and childish.

The bottom line is that Cardiff supporters tend to want to make themselves known. Swansea fans obviously wouldn't. Why would they?

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 pm

I can't believe people are arguing on here down to having a welsh flag saying where they live haha
What's wrong with it
Showing where they live and what country they are from
Maybe they want people to know where they have travelled from?
Honestly some people on here need to lighten up

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 pm

bluebird12345 wrote:I can't believe people are arguing on here down to having a welsh flag saying where they live haha
What's wrong with it
Showing where they live and what country they are from
Maybe they want people to know where they have travelled from?
Honestly some people on here need to lighten up

Got to agree with you every country does it and not just in football but rugby cricket etc. No different to club games with the away team proud to show off their suburb or backwater village. I've got no problem if someone wants to put Chirk,Townhill, Ringland or Splott on a flag as long as the common denominator is a support of Wales what's the problem.
Apologies for any town or area left out.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:04 pm

You may not have a problem with it, but thats hardly the point. The point is our lot single out jacks when they do make themselves known creating an "awkward" environment for all of wales to come and be themselves. So the issue is clear. If we cannot all get along then this tribal flag nonsense must stop.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:You may not have a problem with it, but thats hardly the point. The point is our lot single out jacks when they do make themselves known creating an "awkward" environment for all of wales to come and be themselves. So the issue is clear. If we cannot all get along then this tribal flag nonsense must stop.

Firstly don't think "our lot" are responsible for all trouble between wales fans as there have been many instances at all grounds around wales and in away games involving supporters of other teams.
I'm not saying it hasn't happened but there is a chance that cardiff are involved more purely down to the proportion of support wales have with a cardiff background. Not agreeing with it or condoning it.
lastly seeing the likes rhos on sea; wrexham in the north and the bigger industrial towns and cities of the south draped on St Davids or owain glyndwrs flags fills me with pride that we can come from a good distance apart with different accents and support our national team

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 pm

cendl blue wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:You may not have a problem with it, but thats hardly the point. The point is our lot single out jacks when they do make themselves known creating an "awkward" environment for all of wales to come and be themselves. So the issue is clear. If we cannot all get along then this tribal flag nonsense must stop.

Firstly don't think "our lot" are responsible for all trouble between wales fans as there have been many instances at all grounds around wales and in away games involving supporters of other teams.
I'm not saying it hasn't happened but there is a chance that cardiff are involved more purely down to the proportion of support wales have with a cardiff background. Not agreeing with it or condoning it.
lastly seeing the likes rhos on sea; wrexham in the north and the bigger industrial towns and cities of the south draped on St Davids or owain glyndwrs flags fills me with pride that we can come from a good distance apart with different accents and support our national team

I didn't say "our lot" were responsible for all trouble at Wales games. I said "our lot" have an aversion to having dominance on display, if Swansea put their flags up then they get cut down, burned or the owners set upon... Then threads like this created. The rest of Wales aren't as bothered by the whole flag with the name on stuff to this sort of degree. So it isn't an issue of comparing the flag debate with other nations as no other nation has this problem. If we want the "together stronger" to be a reality rather than an empty slogan then we stop acting like idiots and trying to get one up on the jacks or stop the flag nonsense all together. rhos on sea and wrexham are welcome to do it, i dont think there has every been an instance of Rhos on sea cutting down rival welsh flags or looking for fights with the owners of Rhyl FC flags.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:48 pm

cendl blue"]

lastly seeing the likes rhos on sea; wrexham in the north and the bigger industrial towns and cities of the south draped on St Davids or owain glyndwrs flags fills me with pride that we can come from a good distance apart with different accents and support our national team[/quote]

I didn't say "our lot" were responsible for all trouble at Wales games. I said "our lot" have an aversion to having dominance on display, if Swansea put their flags up then they get cut down, burned or the owners set upon... Then threads like this created. The rest of Wales aren't as bothered by the whole flag with the name on stuff to this sort of degree. So it isn't an issue of comparing the flag debate with other nations as no other nation has this problem. If we want the "together stronger" to be a realitìy rather than an empty slogan then we stop acting like idiots and trying to get one up on the jacks or stop the flag nonsense all together. rhos on sea and wrexham are welcome to do it, i dont think there has every been an instance of Rhos on sea cutting down rival welsh flags or looking for fights with the owners of Rhyl FC flags.[/quote]
There will always be some idiots from all clubs but don't see people displaying their home town or area or even club team on a flag as anything wrong. Most countries do it and if you believe that were unique in inter club rivalry your naive. Seen it myself with German's fighting in the owain years ago.
Again don't condone it and wish any clubs fans could feel free to not feel threatened when supporting their national team.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Like i said, no point in comparing to other countries because we are almost unique in the fact that there is only really two main teams from the country out of a handful of professional ones. If England had two teams, Liverpool and Man United then you would see similar nonsense. There is no harm in a hull fan sticking down his club on an english flag because it causes no harm. With Wales, the Swansea ones are targeted by Cardiff fans and then threads like this are created to keep the divide going. If people want to deface the welsh flag with their club then everyone should be allowed to do it, if we cant behave - then nobody should due to the problems it creates. Together - stronger.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:05 am

Ali_Keith wrote:Like i said, no point in comparing to other countries because we are almost unique in the fact that there is only really two main teams from the country out of a handful of professional ones. If England had two teams, Liverpool and Man United then you would see similar nonsense. There is no harm in a hull fan sticking down his club on an english flag because it causes no harm. With Wales, the Swansea ones are targeted by Cardiff fans and then threads like this are created to keep the divide going. If people want to deface the welsh flag with their club then everyone should be allowed to do it, if we cant behave - then nobody should due to the problems it creates. Together - stronger.

See your point to a degree but why should everyone who has pride in where they come from and wants to show it be not allowed to do it just because of a minority.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 am

I for one have absolutely no problem with fans putting their club/hometown name on the Welsh flag. I love it in fact. I only have a problem with fans putting up their club flags that have no resemblance to Wales (i.e the massive blue Cardiff City flag that often appears at Wales away games). Keep club colours at club football, but by all means take pride in where you're from and what you represent upon the Welsh flag. Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham... it doesn't matter, we are ALL WELSH at the end of the day. :thumbright:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 am

Ali_Keith wrote:Like i said, no point in comparing to other countries because we are almost unique in the fact that there is only really two main teams from the country out of a handful of professional ones. If England had two teams, Liverpool and Man United then you would see similar nonsense. There is no harm in a hull fan sticking down his club on an english flag because it causes no harm. With Wales, the Swansea ones are targeted by Cardiff fans and then threads like this are created to keep the divide going. If people want to deface the welsh flag with their club then everyone should be allowed to do it, if we cant behave - then nobody should due to the problems it creates. Together - stronger.

You don't half waffle....too damn obvious.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:40 am

cendl blue wrote:

See your point to a degree but why should everyone who has pride in where they come from and wants to show it be not allowed to do it just because of a minority.

Same reason as all schoolchildren must leave their bags at the door when going into a shop. A small minority are creating a situation where everyone is treated the same to stamp out the problem.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:40 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

And you dont half make some pointless posts.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:24 am

The irony of this thread is that the original poster gives the impression that he was not at the game either.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 am

All this nonsense re we are Welsh together! To any Jack reading this site ask yourself why your bunch of muppets sniff around the Swansea train station looking for Cardiff after Welsh games when they are played at the caravan park! Yes we as a nation be united under the Welsh banner when following our country, though how many times have you heard that Jacks/Cewnty/Wrexham have had a crack at us at Wales games be it home or away. Seem to recall that Cewnty had a pop in Belgium, hang on though, of course its all the fault of the marauding soul crew as no other mob can be blamed!! :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 pm

How hard is it to know the difference between where and were?

Or to and too?

And there,they're and their?

And that it is could have not could of?

Sometimes this board resembles an accident in a Scabble box

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:How hard is it to know the difference between where and were?

Or to and too?

And there,they're and their?

And that it is could have not could of?

Sometimes this board resembles an accident in a Scabble box

:lol:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

And you dont half make some pointless posts.

Don't push it Phillip

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:The reality is that if we qualify and play in Paris then I'm telling you that you will have trouble between both sets of supporters. Even on this forum you have some idiots saying that swansea fans /flags are never seen and are somewhat proud of it. My mate who is a swansea fan displayed his welsh flag at last nights game with swansea city fc written on it yet it was torn down by people in front. As much as I dislike England, their fans at their matches have learnt that they are better as one rather than different groups spread out. Some of you need to grow up

If we do make france we need to be more concerned about who be bump into rather then each other. Russians, poles, croatians etc.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Wez puts on a post which refers to grants from the football stadium improvement fund but these are limited to £750k and if a club has had a grant in the last 25 years,which CCFC have, then this is deducted from that maximum.So we could not have benefitted from such a grant

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Don't push it Phillip

Pointless and incoherent to boot. If you cant post sensibly then don't at all. :thumbup: