Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lots of Wales fans......

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Lots of Wales fans comming out the woodwork online, yet stayed at home when results wasn't going our way. Sounds familiar to city fans, glory supporters :laughing6:

Re: Lots of Wales fans......

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Lots of Wales fans comming out the woodwork online, yet stayed at home when results wasn't going our way. Sounds familiar to city fans, glory supporters :laughing6:

Wales has never interested me that much, don't know why but it's always been about Ccfc. I am 100% a Wales fare weather fan! no Shame in it and that's how it is. It's caught my eye, I went to Cyprus game and loved the game passion and atmosphere more than anything but for me it will always be Ccfc. Does that make me so bad? I think not. I have slated stay away Ccfc fans in the past but maybe my own loyalty to Wales has helped me understand. :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Lots of Wales fans comming out the woodwork online, yet stayed at home when results wasn't going our way. Sounds familiar to city fans, glory supporters :laughing6:

Wales has never interested me that much, don't know why but it's always been about Ccfc. I am 100% a Wales fare weather fan! no Shame in it and that's how it is. It's caught my eye, I went to Cyprus game and loved the game passion and atmosphere more than anything but for me it will always be Ccfc. Does that make me so bad? I think not. I have slated stay away Ccfc fans in the past but maybe my own loyalty to Wales has helped me understand. :bluescarf:

Wales have never interested me either to be fair, like to see them win on tv but wouldn't waste my money to watch them as I've never done it, Coleman is still a dinosaur imo as its only the fact we are winning that there all available to play otherwise we get the old stubbed toe excuse from players to why they pulled out of the squad.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Yep. If only we could go back to see a!l the people that said they didn't give two shit about the welsh team.

Oh well. They know who they are.

Still, the more the better that get behind the team.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Yep. If only we could go back to see a!l the people that said they didn't give two shit about the welsh team.

Oh well. They know who they are.

Still, the more the better that get behind the team.

Am always up front, over the years I have been interested and not that interested. I have always backed us but as much as I want us to win I don't have that same feeling as city, don't know why I cheered and shouted tonight when we scored and I will be full voice against Belgium, one thing I am is a passionate Welshman :thumbup:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 pm

The reason most people are indifferent is because we've never have 'those glory days' to hark back to, those days when we had overwhelming sense of pride in seeing the Nations football team playing to billions in an international tournament. I am a over bearing pro Welsh fanatic but have yet had a chance to see and bask in any kind of real success with Wales....until now. When we DO qualify we will go at it with nothing to lose and we, for the first real time (other than fecking rugby) be able to get familiar with our identity and show the World. Im predicting a mass migration!

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Wales have never interested me either to be fair, like to see them win on tv but wouldn't waste my money to watch them as I've never done it, Coleman is still a dinosaur imo as its only the fact we are winning that there all available to play otherwise we get the old stubbed toe excuse from players to why they pulled out of the squad.

What a load of bullshit

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

What a load of bullshit

It's not bullshit most know players have pulled out as they couldn't be bothered to show up with the injury chestnut on a Wednesday yet playing for there club two days later. There like the glory supporters show up when its good and rite now it's good

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

What a load of bullshit

It's not bullshit most know players have pulled out as they couldn't be bothered to show up with the injury chestnut on a Wednesday yet playing for there club two days later. There like the glory supporters show up when its good and rite now it's good

Coleman is doing a superb job. He inherited the job in an extremely difficult situation and understandably the team went backward for a bit given the tragic circumstances and the hangover that ensued.

The FAW showed faith in hik and he is repaying it in spades. Tactically in the last 2 games he's got it spot on in 2 very tough away games and earned us 4 points. The team spirit is brilliant and we are playing very good attractive football ( not just Bale and Ramsey though obviously they are massive for us).

For the record, its CCFC and Wales for me at home. Id love to do aways but my job and budget dont allow it. It is inevitable that glory supporters will come out of the woodwork, but those of us who stick by our local and our national team through thick and thin can comfort ourselves in knowing that when the going gets good it'll mean that much more to us. I know im loving the ride with Wales right now and cant wait for June 12th or France 2016, when I may have to blow the budget and find a new job!!!!

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:18 am

I won't be complaining when (if) thousands upon thousands of people from Wales travel over to France next summer, I won't blame anyone, times like this don't come often for Welsh football fans. :thumbright:

There's a huge sense of belief and it's the first time in a long time that I've been proud to be a Wales supporter. It feels completely different to a few years ago and it's not because of results, although they obviously help. Everyone associated with the Welsh team has a huge passion for our country and it's great to see in my opinion.

I just hope I can get this feeling back with Cardiff City. :bluescarf: