Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUPERB WIN/BUT DONT GET CARRIED AWAY "

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:13 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Sorry to be negative but we are top of the group because of bale and Ramsey and not Coleman.

We struggled to beat Andorra and Cyprus. The 5 at the back formation is not the way forward. Ben Davies is an excellent left back but he's not a left sided central defender

If we qualify and that's a big if it will be down to the 3 genuine quality players we have (Ramsey, bale, Williams) and the work ethic of the likes of Taylor, Gunter and Ledley.

Disagree. The pitch in Andora was not fit for Merthyr league never mind a Euro qualifier, we played most of the second half with ten men against Cyprus, so for me Wales are becoming a team that can grind out results and are hard to beat with a real touch of class up top that'll punish you given the slightest chance

It showed yesterday that we are becoming a decent side beating the likes of Israel who've not lost at home for over two years was unthinkable just a few years ago, now we go there and showed them how ruthless we can be, against ten we made them pay and we deserve to be top at this stage. Well done Wales. :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:35 am

I agree with the above post, we have no strength in depth we need bale and ramsey to play out of their skins
week in week out to be competitive v great teams.
we lack a striker as well.

assuming bosnia pick up form which I expect them to do so they only need to close the gap to 3 points and beat us at home in Bosnia which isnt a huge task.

Cyprus away we very likely could draw/lose if bale and ramsey don't perform or play. Andorra 3 pts
I really have a gut feeling belgium won't beat us in Cardiff I just think this team are strong and want it
bad enough to get the job done.

its going to come down to the teams around us we are not good enough to finish top. Sorry my view
belgium are battering teams they battered us and we got lucky.

strength in depth wins tournaments and groups in almost all cases

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:54 pm

steve davies wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Still a lot of games to go.

Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156604 :thumbright:

We can do it,but the hard work has only just began :thumbright:

I am getting carried away annis why wouldn't I I'll think we will beat beligium in cardiff in front of a sell out crowd and if we do Bosnia will be the most difficult game out of the last four games we got to play

Been there before though with Wales
Who could ever forget the Paul bodin penalty miss that was one of the worst moments of my life watching Wales and Cardiff

I was at anfield the night we got beat by Scotland. Iwas only fifteen at the times huge disappointment that night there was a few more after that

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 am

Don't worry Annis, if we don't qualify you can still go away with your number one team England :lol:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:10 am

ELY BOY wrote:Don't worry Annis, if we don't qualify you can still go away with your number one team England :lol:

:lol:

Simon,you can come with me if you want :lol:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Don't worry Annis, if we don't qualify you can still go away with your number one team England :lol:

The new Dai Thomas haha

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:31 am

ELY BOY wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The new Dai Thomas haha

Simon, don't forget you use to like pies,rem Gillingham away :lol: :thumbright:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:20 am

Don't know what you mean your honour :lol:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Woah...... slow down there, leader of the new welsh order!
There's no need to come on here half cut at 1 in the morning, drunk on your mad dog and mums babycham spouting abuse is there?
at no point did I mention "new" welsh fans did I?

we need new fans! I'm all up for the " new" fans interest and investment in "our" welsh team, provided our history and heritage are respected.
what I don't need to put up with is the "old" egg loving, echo reading halfwits who are down the ccs while their cotton traders welsh rugby shirt are in the wash, just to see Bale and questioning why Giggs don't even turn up any more!
You know, the ones that prevent the "new" fans from getting a ticket because their rugby club has bought coach loads of them for their regulars. Theyll dissapear as soon as we lose two games or the 6 nations start again, or liverpool reach the champions league semi.
What about our NEW fans then? Well they will have lost interest too as they didn't get to feel the buzz and excitement first time around!

so calm down and get back in your box!

Woodville Willie wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:You watch the CCS be overflowing with the gloryhunting fairweather supporters now. Just like the millennium against italy all those years ago.

That's football :thumbup:

I know, still don't like it. Would rather a few thousand belting out "yma o hyd" and "hen wlad fy nhadau" than 33,000 with the horns and "Wales, wales, wales"

Are you guys serious?

To see the CCS full of Welsh people, all supporting their nation's side should be celebrated. Who the he'll is anyone to judge "new" football fans?? We should be encouraging the next generation (of all ages). Your attitude is a form of inverted snobbery which I find offensive. Just realise that you don't have a monopoly over football or Welshness.

My view: There has never been a better time to get interested in Welsh football. All welcome!!!!

:thumbup:

What a charming response. Thank you for your considered opinion. I'm sure there's a job for you somewhere in public relations.

Just to clarify: I used "new" as a form of emphasis in the same way as sometimes football "fans" cause acts of violence or wanton vandalism. I apologise if you misinterpreted this common convention.

I had not consumed any alcohol, least of all drinks I last saw in the 1980's, when I last experienced the kind of self-appointed guardians of everything "football". You state I was abusive, yet insult me a and my family, together with potential converts from rugby.

You also accuse these fans of preventing "new" fans from going to matches. Just to let you know, I am running a trip with about 40 11-16 year old youngsters to the Belgium game. These kids can't afford to get there themselves and their parents take some persuading due to safety aspects. I, along with 6 other adult football fans, am doing this for the next generation. What are you doing??

You mentioned Yma O Hyd. Well I'm still here, still standing and there isn't a lot you or anyone else can do about it because I am passionate about football and willing to do something about it.

Have a nice day. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:20 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:I agree with the above post, we have no strength in depth we need bale and ramsey to play out of their skins
week in week out to be competitive v great teams.
we lack a striker as well.

assuming bosnia pick up form which I expect them to do so they only need to close the gap to 3 points and beat us at home in Bosnia which isnt a huge task.

Cyprus away we very likely could draw/lose if bale and ramsey don't perform or play. Andorra 3 pts
I really have a gut feeling belgium won't beat us in Cardiff I just think this team are strong and want it
bad enough to get the job done.

its going to come down to the teams around us we are not good enough to finish top. Sorry my view
belgium are battering teams they battered us and we got lucky.

strength in depth wins tournaments and groups in almost all cases

Well we drew away to Belgium back in November, and Ramsey and Bale were rather quiet, to be quite honest. We have other quality players as well, you know. Did you see how well Joe Allen played on Saturday? To get where we have got to needs everyone to play a part, not just two players. And we don't lack a striker. Sam Vokes is a pretty good striker, if you ask me.

Just because Bosnia easily beat Andorra doesn't necessarily mean that everything is A-OK with them now. And beating us at their place isn't a huge task for them? How does that make any sense? We're top of the group, they're six points behind us and second bottom of the group. I'd say it's a harder task than you think.

Cyprus will be difficult away from home, especially given our last game away against them, but to say that it's likely that we'll draw/lose if Ramsey/Bale don't perform or play is a bit much. We're talking about Cyprus, not Germany!

Not good enough to finish top? Well, we're top after five games, having played all five teams. We haven't lost any yet, and we've already played Belgium and Israel away from home, two of our most difficult games. Belgium have battered Andorra (6-0) and Cyprus (5-0) so far, but that's not much to shout about, is it? You'd expect them to do so. But they hardly 'battered' us, we were quite comfortable, actually!