Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" No Matter What Said The Jacks "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Will always think they are bigger than Cardiff when both teams were in the championship Cardiff had bigger crowds home and away. There might be a family of jacks in caerphilly then they think they can take over the capital deluded jacks as ever. Cardiff have always had plenty of support right on swansea's door step for years embarrassing as ever :lol:

Re: No Matter Whats Said The Jacks

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

But our arguments for us being bigger are also equally as predictable and boring.

Being "big" is not just about attendances or the city the team plays in. If being a capital city was so important then Man United and Liverpool wouldn't be above Chelsea and Tottenham. And if attendances were all that mattered then Everton wouldn't be above Newcastle. We are currently getting 13,000-14,000 crowds in the Championship regardless of what official figures say, which is lower than the jacks have ever had in the championship.

"Big" is an old term. It boils down to cash essentially, and as a result, which team is most powerful. That club then can attract the best players and manager etc etc. this was pre TV deal so the lifeblood of a club was basically its fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more money the club gets, the more power it has. Simple as that. However today, attendances are a tiny fraction of a clubs income so the contribution to the power the club has is minimal, certainly on a scale of Cardiff and Swansea which is a few thousand difference.

I hate the term "big", i think its dated in its use. But if I was to say who was currently "biggest" then it would have to be Swansea as they are more powerful than us. But it is transient and could change in years to come.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:58 pm

If you look at crowds Sunderland and Newcastle are bigger than Chelsea.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:But our arguments for us being bigger are also equally as predictable and boring.

Being "big" is not just about attendances or the city the team plays in. If being a capital city was so important then Man United and Liverpool wouldn't be above Chelsea and Tottenham. And if attendances were all that mattered then Everton wouldn't be above Newcastle. We are currently getting 13,000-14,000 crowds in the Championship regardless of what official figures say, which is lower than the jacks have ever had in the championship.

"Big" is an old term. It boils down to cash essentially, and as a result, which team is most powerful. That club then can attract the best players and manager etc etc. this was pre TV deal so the lifeblood of a club was basically its fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more money the club gets, the more power it has. Simple as that. However today, attendances are a tiny fraction of a clubs income so the contribution to the power the club has is minimal, certainly on a scale of Cardiff and Swansea which is a few thousand difference.

I hate the term "big", i think its dated in its use. But if I was to say who was currently "biggest" then it would have to be Swansea as they are more powerful than us. But it is transient and could change in years to come.

jack alert :thumbup:

Re: " No Matter What Said The Jacks "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Just someone able to look past the rivalry and see things for what they are. If that makes me a jack then so be it.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: Cardiff the best team in Wales?
Postby Ali_Keith ยป Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't think we are even bigger than them either if I am being honest. In fact, I don't think anybody outside CF11 does either. It has been our comfort blanket for a while that while they may be better, we are bigger. I don't think this is true any longer. Our catchment areas, are now also their catchment areas, with the money coming into the Prem now as well as the exposure I don't think we hold a flame to them. Our attendances are awful in reality and not anywhere near the 20,000 that gets announced.

At the moment they are bigger AND better. Our aim is to stabilise and try to win those bragging rights back.
Ali_Keith

Well you do condradict yourself (bigger) look at your first post on this thread ;)

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:07 pm

There is no contradiction there. On both posts (on pretty much the same threads), I stated I don't think we are the bigger club. The term "big" is severely outdated but if we must have the debate then the club that is bigger must be the one that is currently more powerful - and Swansea are. Not sure why you are getting all upset. If you wanted everyone to agree with you you should have said and I wouldn't have bothered adding another view.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 pm

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:There is no contradiction there. On both posts (on pretty much the same threads), I stated I don't think we are the bigger club. The term "big" is severely outdated but if we must have the debate then the club that is bigger must be the one that is currently more powerful - and Swansea are. Not sure why you are getting all upset. If you wanted everyone to agree with you you should have said and I wouldn't have bothered adding another view.

well you better tell the paper that put city 33rd and swans 34th who is bigger? :laughing6: :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:48 pm

I don't need to tell anybody anything, people can have any opinion they like. the poll they ran attached to the story also echoed my sentiments. 64% to the jacks.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:I don't need to tell anybody anything, people can have any opinion they like. the poll they ran attached to the story also echoed my sentiments. 64% to the jacks.

so why is city placed one place better than swansea in survey?? guess they are saying city are bigger but swansea are bigger as as they are in premier? :laughing6: :thumbup: end of debate me thinks as never win arguement with a swansea fan!! :wave:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:I don't need to tell anybody anything, people can have any opinion they like. the poll they ran attached to the story also echoed my sentiments. 64% to the jacks.

so why is city placed one place better than swansea in survey?? guess they are saying city are bigger but swansea are bigger as as they are in premier? :laughing6: :thumbup: end of debate me thinks as never win arguement with a swansea fan!! :wave:

No idea, the criteria is subjective isn't it. They are basing what is bigger on parameters they set, nobody else. But if you are so insecure about your opinion you have to name call and run away then yes, i think end of debate is best.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 am

erinsown wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:But our arguments for us being bigger are also equally as predictable and boring.

Bitter tw*t alert :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 am

Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No idea, the criteria is subjective isn't it. They are basing what is bigger on parameters they set, nobody else. But if you are so insecure about your opinion you have to name call and run away then yes, i think end of debate is best.

Are you Roathie in disguise?? :laughing6: twenty odd posts, all involving Swansea :laughing6: and your pretending to follow City :roll: Quite Sad :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Are you Roathie in disguise?? :laughing6: twenty odd posts, all involving Swansea :laughing6: and your pretending to follow City :roll: Quite Sad :thumbup:

If you are going to lie then at least make sure people cant check. Quite sad to make things up.

14 threads I've contributed to, 3 about the Swansea/Cardiff debate we currently have had.

Grow up would be my suggestion.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 pm

64JACK wrote:
erinsown wrote:

Bitter tw*t alert :thumbup:

bitter?? Not really i think swansea right now are a better team as regards the bigger club its cardiff quite simple really thats my opinion. Am i the only one that thinks hes a jack??

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Ali_Keith wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If you are going to lie then at least make sure people cant check. Quite sad to make things up.

14 threads I've contributed to, 3 about the Swansea/Cardiff debate we currently have had.

Grow up would be my suggestion.

yadder, yadder, yadder :lol:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Good contribution

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 pm

Is this a conversation for 10 year olds. Because who gives flying f....

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:58 am

We have triangle flags and swansea have square flags

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 pm

I love these my shed is bigger than your shed threads!!

cardiff is the capital of our massive powerful country called whaaaaales
and Swansea City are in the best football league in the world and have been since 2011

I'm happy with that :thumbright:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:47 pm

roathie's back :lol: