if only 2000 have renewed does that mean

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 pm

That these are the hard core die hard supporters and everybody else was a plastic. If true I think its a very shallow view.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: if only 2000 have renewed does that mean

Postby mallo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:42 pm

IMO : Club we all love as been turned into a circus and one visit a year is enough - seen it once seen it 100 times

Proves that Tan as spanked himself with his stupidity its his way or no way !

What will it take to bring fans back who knows - I always been a season ticket holder probably 20 years plus followed over 30 first year I,m really torn - club - fans the big family factor feeling as been killed off ! :bluescarf:
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby Gaffer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Why should I renew by 31st of March no incentive to do so, I'll renew when I'm ready thanks.
Gaffer

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:49 pm

mallo wrote:IMO : Club we all love as been turned into a circus and one visit a year is enough - seen it once seen it 100 times

What will it take to bring fans back who knows - I always been a season ticket holder probably 20 years plus followed over 30 first year I,m really torn - club - fans the big family factor feeling as been killed off ! :bluescarf:

The only way to bring them back is for Tan to go and the new owner to breath some life back into the club.

To me Tan is preparing for his departure by streamlining the club and investing wisely to attract a new owner, hence buying Leckwith across the road. The problem he has it that he needs to keep the club in the championship for the next 2 seasons because that is now long it is going to take.
Bakedalasker

Postby salopiancity » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 pm

blue lagoon wrote:That these are the hard core die hard supporters and everybody else was a plastic. If true I think its a very shallow view.

I've been a supporter since 1967 through thick and thin but I've been told I may lose 15 hrs a week in a month's time so mine's a financial decision and a season ticket is not a priority at this time. If things go in my favour I will probably renew nearer August time.
salopiancity

Postby Xcasual » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Done mine today :bluescarf:
Xcasual

Postby Pant_yr_awel bluebird » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:59 pm

mallo wrote:IMO : Club we all love as been turned into a circus and one visit a year is enough - seen it once seen it 100 times

Cardiff city has been a circus on and off for most of the 55 years i have been a supporter.I wont give up as i am a true supporter and not a glory boy.Tan will one day be gone'but the club will still be here.So will i.
Pant_yr_awel bluebird

Postby bobbankbandit » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:28 pm

So if you don't renew your a glory boy, how small minded and deluded are you. You are simply renewing out of loyalty and nothing more. Loyalty is massive, but so is self respect and sticking to your morals. Why pay to watch boring, unpassionate crap week in week out in a damp squalid atmosphere. When the club show ambition and share my passion for "football" and not accepting mediocrity and average crap every week I'm sure thousands will return. The black and White of, if you renew your loyal if you don't your a glory hunter is complete and utter shite. Nobody is compelling you for renewing so leave those with the balls to stick by their morals to their own choice without criticism. :thumbup:
You should not arrive at your grave in a well preserved body, so skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming yahooooo what a ride !
bobbankbandit

Postby WitlaBlue » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Remember that stinking wet and cold Tuesday night game against Hartlepool all them years ago when we had an official attendance of about 1,300 ? You know, the game which practically every true City fan claims to have been at ?
Considering that so far, around about 68,000 city fans have all claimed to have been there that night, we shouldn't be having too many problems with next seasons attendances should we ?
But, reality's a bit different isn't it ?
The way I see it, you either ARE a city fan, where you'll watch your team play week in week out no matter how bad they are or what division they are in, or you are NOT a city fan, just someone who will only watch your local team if or when they are successful.
The true city fans are easy to spot.....they are the ones who whinge non stop during games, but that's only because they care passionately about their team.

:bluescarf:
WitlaBlue

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:18 pm

WitlaBlue wrote:Remember that stinking wet and cold Tuesday night game against Hartlepool all them years ago when we had an official attendance of about 1,300 ? You know, the game which practically every true City fan claims to have been at ?
Considering that so far, around about 68,000 city fans have all claimed to have been there that night, we shouldn't be having too many problems with next seasons attendances should we ?
But, reality's a bit different isn't it ?
The way I see it, you either ARE a city fan, where you'll watch your team play week in week out no matter how bad they are or what division they are in, or you are NOT a city fan, just someone who will only watch your local team if or when they are successful.
The true city fans are easy to spot.....they are the ones who whinge non stop during games, but that's only because they care passionately about their team.

:bluescarf:

A really good post that :thumbup: it's been done to death, some fans don't miss a game some flit in and out and I have accepted that to some it hurts more than to others. I have previously been quite critical of fans who have deserted us but at the end of the day that's up to them, that doesn't mean they don't support city just have a different loyalty or depth. For me, I will be renewing in 117 next week, I go to 5 or 6 aways and most homes. It's in my blood, it cuts deep, not all have that same love but it's no different at any other club or even at international level. :bluescarf:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

The only way to bring them back is for Tan to go and the new owner to breath some life back into the club.

To me Tan is preparing for his departure by streamlining the club and investing wisely to attract a new owner, hence buying Leckwith across the road. The problem he has it that he needs to keep the club in the championship for the next 2 seasons because that is now long it is going to take.

Not sure on this one, as lots of (now abandoning fans) climbed on board despite Tan and his antics because the club were on the up and achieved the so-called Premiership 'dream'

I'm never so sure Tan is as central to most fans thinking as they would have you believe and their support will always depend on 'current' success

At the moment the club are not at the level they were two seasons ago, but if they start climbing again most will return for the 'big' games as they have done in the past ;) :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:01 am

Fact is their are more important things in life than football and if anyone else thinks otherwise then they are full of shite. :thumbup:
Bless em All, Bless em All, the long and the short and the tall
Bless Freddie Davies and bless Peter King bless Barrie Jones as he skips down the wing.
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Not sure on this one, as lots of (now abandoning fans) climbed on board despite Tan and his antics because the club were on the up and achieved the so-called Premiership 'dream'

I'm never so sure Tan is as central to most fans thinking as they would have you believe and their support will always depend on 'current' success

At the moment the club are not at the level they were two seasons ago, but if they start climbing again most will return for the 'big' games as they have done in the past ;) :thumbup:

We had 8,000 STs before we made the big break through and that was reaching the FA up final in 2008.

Lets see how many STs we get next season. Anything below that figure and Tan needs to go.
Bakedalasker

Postby RV Casual » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 am

The season starts in August.

For what logical reason should I have renewed my season ticket by 31st March other than if I was utterly desperate to have
the same seat (I wasn't)?

The club have had my money well in advance year on year, the one time, in December!

Ill probably get my season ticket late June, on MY terms, when I'M ready.

Id rather my money stayed in my bank account and worked for me for a couple more months rather than hand it
over to the Club, owned by a billionaire, cutting costs, whilst pocketing tens of millions in parachute payments.

:thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby ThomasC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

We had 8,000 STs before we made the big break through and that was reaching the FA up final in 2008.

Lets see how many STs we get next season. Anything below that figure and Tan needs to go.

it's the closest thing to a 'no confidence vote' we can ever get
ThomasC

Postby ElGwapo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Gaffer wrote:Why should I renew by 31st of March no incentive to do so, I'll renew when I'm ready thanks.

Completely see your point, ive renewed to keep my seat but if you aint bother where you sit, what is the point in doing it now? Should have been a financial incentive to renew early
ElGwapo

Postby DC.rhonddablue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 pm

if youve fallen out of love with the club and no longer interested in this football club about time you go elsewhere with your comments. if weve only got 2000 or whatever amount of season ticket holders so be it.

Through thick and thin, like so many people used to say...
DC.rhonddablue

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm

I haven't renewed yet! Had a season ticket for 13 consecutive seasons,, Been following since 92....

I've had the same seat since the CCS opened but I'm not renewing by tomorrow. I haven't enjoyed 1 day down the CCS for quite some time, I think the thrill of the chase was better than the catch.. Apart from 3 or 4 prem games, didn't enjoy that season too much either... I find each game soulless, and more of a chore.. The whole match day experience needs something to give it a lift... It's a subdued atmosphere in and around the stadium prior to kick off, during the match its the same old same old.

Haven't fallen out of love for the club.. But I don't see the need to renew yet... Theres no incentive to renew by tomorrow! It's not as if you won't be able to get one in a few months..

Personally think the club need to address the fans and inform them of the plans for next season and the future, because at the moment they are already writing it off. Offering for sale anything with. Quality and value.. Leaving us with possibly no squad to build and add too and push on from this season with the aim of top 10 or even top 6. We will have another large amount in parachute payments which are supposed to help relegated sides with the finances.. What are the plans for this?
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby neathbluebird » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 pm

my old boss is a bournmouth st & as far as he knows st renewals wont be available until the summer...as it always used to be in the old days.So dont really know why we got this 31st march date?
neathbluebird

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:30 am

Vince Tan (who would more likely know) has said far more than 2000 sold already.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 am

blue lagoon wrote:That these are the hard core die hard supporters and everybody else was a plastic. If true I think its a very shallow view.

The application forms have all been arriving at the club and thankfully it's not as low as that,but it's still thousands down.

Yes we did have thousands of Glory hunters just for the Promotion season and Prem football,but we also have a lot of hurt fans thanks to the circus of a club we have had in the last 4 years and of course the failed rebrand.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:17 am

maccydee wrote:Vince Tan (who would more likely know) has said far more than 2000 sold already.

Vince Alm even. D'oh.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:18 am

maccydee wrote:
maccydee wrote:Vince Tan (who would more likely know) has said far more than 2000 sold already.

Vince Alm even. D'oh.

We should at least be selling 10,000.

Have you renewed Neil?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Vince Alm even. D'oh.

Have you renewed Neil?

Have never had a season ticket bud. Even when I went home and away regularly before I joined the RAF I didn't have a season ticket. Thankfully I know a very important very good guy who gets me a ticket on the odd occasion I'm in Cardiff and going to a game.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Vince Alm even. D'oh.

Have you renewed Neil?

Have never had a season ticket bud. Even when I went home and away regularly before I joined the RAF I didn't have a season ticket. Thankfully I know a very important very good guy who gets me a ticket on the odd occasion I'm in Cardiff and going to a game.

Neil, he must be an ok person :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Vince Alm even. D'oh.

Have you renewed Neil?

Neil, he must be an ok person :thumbright:

Class
maccydee

Return to General Chat