Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YES/UPDATED " RONNIE MOORE/GOOD LUCK "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 am

' UPDATED '

Hartlepool 2 Cambridge 1

GO ON RONNIE MOORE :thumbright:

Hartlepool were 20 points below 3rd from bottom of the League , NOW 1 pt above relegation :thumbright: :thumbright:

They were 20 points adrift from going out of the League, now only one point thanks to Ronnie Moore :thumbright:

GOOD LUCK to Ronnie Moore & Hartlepool :thumbright: :thumbright:

I SAW RONNIE MOORE SCORE FOR CARDIFF CITY :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

Ronnie Moore talks about Hartlepool's late bid to avoid relegation
By Keith Downie

28/03/15

Ronnie Moore: Can the Hartlepool boss avoid relegation to Conference?

Ronnie Moore was bracing himself to become the first manager to take Hartlepool down to the Conference - but three wins in a row have left the 62-year-old believing his team can complete The Great Escape.

Pools have been propping up the Football League set-up for more than five months, and found themselves as far as ten points adrift back in January.

Moore was brought in from the managerial wilderness in December to turn around United’s fortunes, but until the last week has struggled to improve a run of results that saw them fail to win on the road for more than a year.

However three wins in the space of a week against Morecambe, Oxford and Mansfield means Moore’s men are now just one point adrift of Cheltenham Town and breathing down the necks of his old club, Tranmere, in 22nd place.

As he prepares his side for the visit of Cambridge this weekend, the Hartlepool boss said: “You hope and pray that you can change things when you come in.

“It was hard at first and it’s taken longer than I thought but confidence was really low.

“I tried to put my arm around them but soon found out that was a waste of time so I got the size nines on and started kicking a few backsides.

“I’m not usually one for ranting, raving and pointing my finger in people’s faces but I’ve had to do that.

“If we had carried on the way were I think we would have gone down to the Conference with the lowest points total ever.

“There is no doubt that we will have put the rest of the teams directly above us in a panic.

“A lot of teams thought we were dead - but we are fighting.”

Hartlepool have eight games left to beat the drop, and Moore has brought in striker Jordan Hugill on-loan from Preston until the end of the season to help fire their escape route.

His capture came after Saturday’s opponents Cambridge recalled forward Ryan Bird after he had scored twice in his month-long loan in the North East.

Hugill is in line to make his debut on Saturday in front of a bumper home crowd of 5,000 at Victoria Park.

Moore added: “The Chairman has made it £10 and £5 for fans to come along to the match this weekend.

“I would like to encourage Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough fans to come down and give us some support.

“None of them have a game so I’d say ‘get down to the Vic’ – we could do with the support from the rest of the North East. We need to make sure this club is in the Football League next season.

“I’ve seen some of Sky’s Jeff Stelling’s celebrations in the past week and we want to do it for fans like him.

“Even Jeff probably thought there was no way we would get out of this mess but we are there and we have a fighting chance.

“It’s now up to us to take it and give our fans and Jeff something to shout about.”

Re: " RONNIE MOORE/GOOD LUCK "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:33 am

Saw him score for us in our 4 - 1 away win at Blackburn Rovers , wed 28th February 1979

Just before the kick off a very heavy snow fall covered the ground ..... players sliding everywhere

About 20 Cardiff supporters there

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 am

I saw him score at home a couple of times during the 78/79 season, but it was Buchanan & Stevens who scored most of our goals that season.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They were 20 points adrift from going out of the League, now only one point thanks to Ronnie Moore :thumbright:

GOOD LUCK to Ronnie Moore & Hartlepool :thumbright: :thumbright:

I SAW RONNIE MOORE SCORE FOR CARDIFF CITY :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

Ronnie Moore talks about Hartlepool's late bid to avoid relegation
By Keith Downie

28/03/15

Ronnie Moore: Can the Hartlepool boss avoid relegation to Conference?

Ronnie Moore was bracing himself to become the first manager to take Hartlepool down to the Conference - but three wins in a row have left the 62-year-old believing his team can complete The Great Escape.

Pools have been propping up the Football League set-up for more than five months, and found themselves as far as ten points adrift back in January.

Moore was brought in from the managerial wilderness in December to turn around United’s fortunes, but until the last week has struggled to improve a run of results that saw them fail to win on the road for more than a year.

However three wins in the space of a week against Morecambe, Oxford and Mansfield means Moore’s men are now just one point adrift of Cheltenham Town and breathing down the necks of his old club, Tranmere, in 22nd place.

As he prepares his side for the visit of Cambridge this weekend, the Hartlepool boss said: “You hope and pray that you can change things when you come in.

“It was hard at first and it’s taken longer than I thought but confidence was really low.

“I tried to put my arm around them but soon found out that was a waste of time so I got the size nines on and started kicking a few backsides.

“I’m not usually one for ranting, raving and pointing my finger in people’s faces but I’ve had to do that.

“If we had carried on the way were I think we would have gone down to the Conference with the lowest points total ever.

“There is no doubt that we will have put the rest of the teams directly above us in a panic.

“A lot of teams thought we were dead - but we are fighting.”

Hartlepool have eight games left to beat the drop, and Moore has brought in striker Jordan Hugill on-loan from Preston until the end of the season to help fire their escape route.

His capture came after Saturday’s opponents Cambridge recalled forward Ryan Bird after he had scored twice in his month-long loan in the North East.

Hugill is in line to make his debut on Saturday in front of a bumper home crowd of 5,000 at Victoria Park.

Moore added: “The Chairman has made it £10 and £5 for fans to come along to the match this weekend.

“I would like to encourage Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough fans to come down and give us some support.

“None of them have a game so I’d say ‘get down to the Vic’ – we could do with the support from the rest of the North East. We need to make sure this club is in the Football League next season.

“I’ve seen some of Sky’s Jeff Stelling’s celebrations in the past week and we want to do it for fans like him.

“Even Jeff probably thought there was no way we would get out of this mess but we are there and we have a fighting chance.

“It’s now up to us to take it and give our fans and Jeff something to shout about.”

Goood luck Ronnie and Jeff :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 pm

I had one of the badges with " I saw Ronnie Moore score ' on, was a nice bloke, lived neary sully.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Saw him score a cracker at shrewsbury :old:

Re: YES/UPDATED " RONNIE MOORE/GOOD LUCK "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:02 pm

UPDATED
Hartlepool 2 Cambridge 1

Hartlepool were 20 points below 3rd from bottom of the Non League , NOW 1 pt above relegation :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: YES/UPDATED " RONNIE MOORE/GOOD LUCK "

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED
Hartlepool 2 Cambridge 1

Hartlepool were 20 points below 3rd from bottom of the Non League , NOW 1 pt above relegation :thumbright: :thumbright:

Next game.Newport County at Rodney Parade on Good Friday :D

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 pm

LLynfibluebird wrote:Saw him score for us in our 4 - 1 away win at Blackburn Rovers , wed 28th February 1979

Just before the kick off a very heavy snow fall covered the ground ..... players sliding everywhere

About 20 Cardiff supporters there

I was there some in stands but the hardy few huddled together all alone! Have mentioned this before only onne coach with mae daniels :thumbup:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm

erinsown wrote:Saw him score a cracker at shrewsbury :old:

I was at that game.Him and Buccannan if I remember right.He's here,he's there,he every fuckin where,Ronnie Moore,Ronnie Moore!