Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

slades signings so far

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

scott malone.. excellent so far bargain
alex revell.. no worse than jones prbably 10th of the price bargain
lee peltier.. shame he injured. looks quality, when you are tackled by him, you stay tackled, bargain
stuart o keefe.. might be a dud,, we will see
mat kennedy.. just like chris burke.. excellent siging so far
doyle..i think this boy will be quality, needs a bit of time, but judging by brum game, will be class
conar mcleny. neat tidy player, wont be surprised if we sign him in the summer

so far so good, i think.

Re: slades signings so far

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:32 pm

litoblues wrote:scott malone.. excellent so far bargain
lee peltier.. shame he injured. looks quality, when you are tackled by him, you stay tackled, bargain
doyle..i think this boy will be quality, needs a bit of time, but judging by brum game, will be class

so far so good, i think.

They have done well in general, especially the Everton lads. However, a lot of players seem to get the extra lift when joining a new club, will be interesting to see if they can keep the standard high next season. I think Kennedy will prove to be an excellent signing :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Slade has done well for a small budget :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Slade has done well for a small budget :ayatollah:

Thought he was supposed to be clueless if you listen to many on here :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 pm

so far so good, i think.

Oh you can't give slade credit for this on here you must show more negativity after all he's tans man (or bitch) if you listen to many on here :bluescarf:
But I do agree with you totally
Who knows what he might achieve in the next window ? :bluescarf:
Last edited by troobloo3339 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Slade has done well for a small budget :ayatollah:

Thought he was supposed to be clueless if you listen to many on here :bluescarf:

We have every right to criticize a manager for his wrongdoings, but I'll give him praise when he deserves it. I'm guilty of calling him clueless but in recent weeks we're showing some good signs of progression. :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm

I was actually agreeing with you :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:I was actually agreeing with you :bluescarf:

Yeah I know :ayatollah: just saying that I'm actually one of those people who called him clueless before haha

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 pm

so far so good, i think.

Malone - Average
Revell - Average but not terrible
Peltier - Injury prone - lower champ player
O Keefe - He wont play god knows
Kennedy - Looks decent so far
Doyle - Again rarely plays him, lacks pace but could come good given a chance.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Ok but that was not aimed at you :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Luke are you slowly coming around to Big Russ after seeing the recent improvement ?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:31 pm

He has done reasonably well with the signings so far Kennedy the pick of the lot. :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Double G wrote:Luke are you slowly coming around to Big Russ after seeing the recent improvement ?

Not in the slightest. I do feel trollope has had a good impact but for the life of me I can't understand slade. I think we were lucky for the injuries that turned the game v brim.

I like the cut back he has made but I think he is an awful manager.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Think slade needed a good no 2 and Trollope seems to be a perfect fit ,hopeful for next season now

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Too many number 2s have failed as number 1s
why change what seems to be working ffs :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:45 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Too many number 2s have failed as number 1s

Is it working? A few decent results but overall it's not great.
He has been a manager before and did pretty well at Rovers.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Really rate McAleny. He's not a winger though. He would thrive in that number 10 role if we played one (Doyle?)up front. Essential to sign him permanently over summer.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:38 am

2blue2handle wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:Too many number 2s have failed as number 1s

Is it working? A few decent results but overall it's not great.
He has been a manager before and did pretty well at Rovers.

And what level was that
And over what time period
So how come no one else has wanted him as a number one :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:59 pm

5 year period - not sure why he hasn't been given a chance but doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a chance, he has been working at a good level as number two.

Bristol Rovers
In June 2004 he moved to Bristol Rovers on a free transfer. In his second season he became caretaker manager and was then appointed first-team coach in a two-tier managerial structure, alongside Director of Football Lennie Lawrence, in November 2005. His first season in charge ended in a respectable midtable position of 12th place in League Two. The following year Rovers reached the Football League Trophy final but lost to Doncaster Rovers.[2] They made up for this loss by winning promotion to League One via the play-offs.[3]

In the 2007–08 season, Trollope steered Bristol Rovers to mid-table security after a shaky start. Rovers also made the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the first time in 50 years. In September 2009, following more success, he signed a rolling one year contract under which his title changed to manager.

Despite his achievements at the club, he was sacked on 15 December 2010, with Rovers lying in the League One relegation zone.[4] His overall record in charge of the club was 106 wins and 71 draws from 284 games

Return to coaching
In July 2011, Trollope was appointed first-team coach of Championship club Birmingham City to work with manager Chris Hughton.[6] When Hughton left for Premier League club Norwich City at the end of the season, Trollope went with him, again as first-team coach.[7] He left the club when Hughton was dismissed in April 2014.[8]