Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BENEFIT OF BEING A CARDIFF CITY FAN ? "

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Is this a real benefit of being a Cardiff City fan ? Sent to Our fans by our own club :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " BENEFIT OF BEING A CARDIFF CITY FAN ? "

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Th club apologised on Twitter for it. Said it's an email sent out to all 92 clubs and they forward it automatically. They did not have knowledge of it and are investigating it.

I never got it so they must have stopped it somehow.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

I got the email too and thought what is all that about? Kind of laughed it off :laughing6:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 pm

And Wales are playing their most important game for years this week.

Just shows how professional our staff are.

I have to admit, I was once a member and some City fans were annoyed,but now our club is telling fans to join,you could not make it up :lol:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:08 pm

From FB

Dave Briscoe I cringed when I got this. If I was Welsh I would have been furious !!!
17 mins · Unlike · 1

Mark Saunders What in the name of holy f**k is that doing coming from Cardiff??? I'd rather eat my own shit!
2 mins · Like

Glyn Perham The board know so much about the fans. When I got it I thought it was a joke.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Taking life too seriously guys....

we play in the English system !!!!

If its so offensive we need to be in the Welsh system

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:14 pm

From FB

Karl Phillips You have got to be kidding! Are they serious
50 mins · Like · 1

John Coleman Not our club, Tan's club. Hopefully, we'll have it back soon. I can't imagine the FAW will be too impressed by this latest stunt, either. Ridiculous.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Wish people who stop completely ignoring the club have said about it not being their fault, in that it's the FA's fault :lol: You know, we are part of the English league system, It's a mistake, the club noticed, it's being sorted!

Ohh yeah, I forgot, the club can never get anything right and it's always their fault, even though it's a mistake they never made :lol:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 pm

It's a f*cking joke, One thing after another.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:21 am

To be fair, we are playing in the English system. It's an easy mistake to forget that a very very small number of Welsh teams play in it. I'm certainly not offended. :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:04 am

JonCCFC wrote:To be fair, we are playing in the English system. It's an easy mistake to forget that a very very small number of Welsh teams play in it. I'm certainly not offended. :thumbright:

I wonder if fans of Wrexham, Newport and Swansea recieved a similar mail??? My guess: No!!

In a way, it's funny. However, I will certainly not be subscribing. :lol:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:05 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:To be fair, we are playing in the English system. It's an easy mistake to forget that a very very small number of Welsh teams play in it. I'm certainly not offended. :thumbright:

I wonder if fans of Wrexham, Newport and Swansea recieved a similar mail??? My guess: No!!

Do you really think Cardiff City staff would purposely send this out?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:23 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Certainly not!! I was just wondering if the other Welsh clubs' admin would let it slip through. To be honest, I find it quite funny too. most of our players aren't Welsh so in a way, we already support the English system. :lol:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 am

Cue huge and uneeded over reaction.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:55 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Certainly not!! I was just wondering if the other Welsh clubs' admin would let it slip through. To be honest, I find it quite funny too. most of our players aren't Welsh so in a way, we already support the English system. :lol:

To be honest if we weren't in the English system I probably wouldn't follow Cardiff, the Welsh top division is probably up there with one of the worst football leagues in the world in all aspects. There's literally nothing exciting about it other than the possibility of qualifying for Europe.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:13 am

They should have sent it to the swansea fans they are pro English and Northern Irish :laughing6:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:35 am

I thought I was seeing things when I had this email yesterday, nothing supprises me with the club anymore with its constant f**k ups. One thing after another at the circus I suppose :laughing5:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:52 am

If this kind of amateurism is not happening at the other Welsh clubs in the English leagues, but to us, ask yourself why

Jokers

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 am

Benefits of Always having something to moan about and never a dull moment? :laughing6:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 am

pembroke allan wrote:Benefits of Always having something to moan about and never a dull moment? :laughing6:

there maybe some truth to that Allan :laughing6: of course nobody is outraged by the email. Only Cardiff could do this when trying to get fans to renew STs

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:42 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:Wish people who stop completely ignoring the club have said about it not being their fault, in that it's the FA's fault :lol: You know, we are part of the English league system, It's a mistake, the club noticed, it's being sorted!

Ohh yeah, I forgot, the club can never get anything right and it's always their fault, even though it's a mistake they never made :lol:

The club can't do anything right according to some. No wonder there is so much negativity and fans feel so detached.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 am

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Benefits of Always having something to moan about and never a dull moment? :laughing6:

there maybe some truth to that Allan :laughing6: of course nobody is outraged by the email. Only Cardiff could do this when trying to get fans to renew STs

did swansea, newport ect recieve same e-mail about fan club? as far as i can tell it was a bulk send even though it didnt apply to us, we are still on fa mailing list for obvious reasons, this happens in nhs i get mail which is nothing to do with me but as i am on list people dont bother to look at who its for and just send it, garauntee this is what as happened this time aswell, someone at club just clicked button without thinking!:thumbup:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

did swansea, newport ect recieve same e-mail about fan club? as far as i can tell it was a bulk send even though it didnt apply to us, we are still on fa mailing list for obvious reasons, this happens in nhs i get mail which is nothing to do with me but as i am on list people dont bother to look at who its for and just send it, garauntee this is what as happened this time aswell, someone at club just clicked button without thinking!:thumbup:

Just asked a County ST holder, nope! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 pm

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

meant did their clubs recieve the e-mail? guess our club just sent it out to fans without thinking or did someone dilebratly do it???

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

meant did their clubs recieve the e-mail? guess our club just sent it out to fans without thinking or did someone dilebratly do it???

the plot thickens Allan lol :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Been asking a few County lads this morning, they got it too...Crisis over :thumbright: the club is not at fault for this

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:00 pm

These thing have happened before, think we had adverts on the official site before saying to support England.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

:old:
ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Been asking a few County lads this morning, they got it too...Crisis over :thumbright: the club is not at fault for this

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Had an email today saying that it weren't sent by City, Newport fans got it as well. If you've signed up for email alerts from any club that play in the Football League system you'd get the email. Though they did point out in future they'd make sure Cardiff City and Newport County fans don't receive the email as they majority of supporters are Welsh