Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff the best team in Wales?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 am

Of course, I and you lot would agree with this, but for an assessment I'll need your personal reasons. Forgive me, but I'll also have to ask the jacks. That's more motivation for you guys to answer, considering the more responses I get from Bluebirds, the more I can get away with in regards to slagging off the gypos.

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M2NFGB9

Please answer it, as it would really really help me out! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Cardiff the best team in Wales?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 am

what's it for..?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:21 am

Assignment I'm doing in uni, critical analysis of the statement "Cardiff City is the best team in Wales" :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 am

iwillalwaysbeblue wrote:Assignment I'm doing in uni, critical analysis of the statement "Cardiff City is the best team in Wales" :ayatollah:

And they say med students have it tough :roll:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Although it really pains me to say this,but without doubt, Swansea City are the best team in Wales,I hope with a better manager and players, we will replace the jacks as the best team sooner than later

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:14 pm

In both clubs history, I would still put Cardiff ahead of Swansea due to our cup totals, fa cup win and farthest in the European cup.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Today on radio we come 34th swans 35th in some sort of survey /stat regarding a football matter, forget what about!! :o

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:51 pm

We are not the best 'team' in Wales at the moment.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Done

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:35 pm

done :thumbup: please make it downloadable your dissertation so we can read it, bet it's going to be thrilling :thumbright:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:36 pm

iwillalwaysbeblue wrote:Of course, I and you lot would agree with this, but for an assessment I'll need your personal reasons. Forgive me, but I'll also have to ask the jacks. That's more motivation for you guys to answer, considering the more responses I get from Bluebirds, the more I can get away with in regards to slagging off the gypos.

Please answer it, as it would really really help me out! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Currently, Swansea are the "best" side in Wales...fact!

Cardiff City FC are, however, the "biggest" club...also a fact!

Demographics dictate that will remain the case for a long time to come...another fact! :thumbup:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Swansea are by far the 'best' team in Wales, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be in a mental hospital.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Cardiff are in Swansea's shadow atm. I'm glad we didn't draw them in a cup this season as it would have been embarrassing.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Done :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:42 pm

The two teams are poles apart at the moment and the styles of play equally so, however if both teams were level in whatever division Cardiff would get bigger crowds for sure.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Sven wrote:
iwillalwaysbeblue wrote:Of course, I and you lot would agree with this, but for an assessment I'll need your personal reasons. Forgive me, but I'll also have to ask the jacks. That's more motivation for you guys to answer, considering the more responses I get from Bluebirds, the more I can get away with in regards to slagging off the gypos.

Demographics dictate that will remain the case for a long time to come...another fact! :thumbup:

Agreed, we'll always be bigger but Swansea's bubble will burst one day.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't think we are even bigger than them either if I am being honest. In fact, I don't think anybody outside CF11 does either. It has been our comfort blanket for a while that while they may be better, we are bigger. I don't think this is true any longer. Our catchment areas, are now also their catchment areas, with the money coming into the Prem now as well as the exposure I don't think we hold a flame to them. Our attendances are awful in reality and not anywhere near the 20,000 that gets announced.

At the moment they are bigger AND better. Our aim is to stabilise and try to win those bragging rights back.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Ali_Keith wrote:I don't think we are even bigger than them either if I am being honest. In fact, I don't think anybody outside CF11 does either. It has been our comfort blanket for a while that while they may be better, we are bigger. I don't think this is true any longer. Our catchment areas, are now also their catchment areas, with the money coming into the Prem now as well as the exposure I don't think we hold a flame to them. Our attendances are awful in reality and not anywhere near the 20,000 that gets announced.

At the moment they are bigger AND better. Our aim is to stabilise and try to win those bragging rights back.

Our catchment area is bigger in geography, and population, but they have a sizeable fan base too. Until such time as they have a majority in places like Bridgend, Maesteg, the Rhondda Valleys, Aberdare, the Vale of Glamorgan, then we will be the bigger club.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Let us know how it turns out , I guess the answers won't be a surprise

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Swansea are by far the 'best' team in Wales, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be in a mental hospital.

They are the best team in wales no doubt :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Agreed, we'll always be bigger but Swansea's bubble will burst one day.

Keep praying for that , The money we are making for being a premier league team is exceptional . We are only going to get better and better .
Keep being bitter and jealous .

Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 pm

As I stated in another thread, I knew Cardiff woukd be considered the bigger club. What shocked me is that the margin is so small now. The club's are neck-a-neck according to this survey.

Things need to move forward sensibly but relentlessly if there is to be no turnover. I'm sure that had this been carried out a few years ago, the difference would have been more than one place. The two clubs are, at present, world's apart but every dog has his day. Sustainable growth at Cardiff will eventually ensure superiority. Tan missed a trick last year. Had he spent big on the management team and then invested according to their advice, things could have been so different.

The amount of money coming in at PL level is huge bug Tan can match that if he wants to. He needs to take a genuine punt if he really wants success at he top flight. However, as things stand, it needs careful and modest progression to avoid the boom and bust ed just went through.

Swansea's success and status would be irrelevant if Cardiff were also established as a midtable PL club. The CCS would be full every week again and the location and Capital City status would prevail. A lot of ifs granted but not impossible. :thumbup: