Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Sun May 03, 2015 12:50 pm

"Boxing is dead"

Do me a favour. Froch was basically dribbling over how well mayweather contained Pac. That tells you everything.

What we saw last night was a masterclass in winning. And defense.

I dont know much about boxing but I can appreaciate what I saw. Im glad I stayed up, I enjoy that more than actually watching the fight. Cans/pizzas and staying up till ridiculous oclock. The amount of tired people I saw walking home at 6am when I drove home was funny.

The money involved was a disgrace. But people will look back in a 100 years time on this fight, How important is money really?.

Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:"Boxing is dead"

Do me a favour. Froch was basically dribbling over how well mayweather contained Pac. That tells you everything.

I dont know much about boxing but I can appreaciate what I saw. Im glad I stayed up, I enjoy that more than actually watching the fight. Cans/pizzas and staying up till ridiculous oclock. The amount of tired people I saw walking home at 6am when I drove home was funny.

The money involved was a disgrace. But people will look back in a 100 years time on this fight, How important is money really?.

Some people know f**k all about boxing. Probably watches one fight a year. If anyone had seen any of Mayweathers last 10-15 fights they should have known it was never going to be a toe to toe war

Sun May 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Quote: "Some people know f**k all about boxing. Probably watches one fight a year."

Thank you so much for your comment, Blue Nile and I really appreciate your insight. I must remember this when I talk to my family members who fought at Madison Square Garden and held several titles. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :digging2:

Sun May 03, 2015 1:53 pm

MrsBlueNile wrote:Quote: "Some people know f**k all about boxing. Probably watches one fight a year."

Thank you so much for your comment, Blue Nile and I really appreciate your insight. I must remember this when I talk to my family members who fought at Madison Square Garden and held several titles. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :digging2:

So what were you expecting from a Mayweather fight then? And just because someone in your family boxed it doesn't make you an expert

Sun May 03, 2015 3:26 pm

ElyBlueAj wrote:

Some people know f**k all about boxing. Probably watches one fight a year. If anyone had seen any of Mayweathers last 10-15 fights they should have known it was never going to be a toe to toe war

100% agree with these two. This was how it was always going to go down. I made a few quid last night from bets. You'd have had to be delusional to think Pacquiao was going to win. He's not even in the same league as Mayweather and most boxing fans already knew that.

Sun May 03, 2015 3:58 pm

blueminati wrote:
ElyBlueAj wrote:

100% agree with these two. This was how it was always going to go down. I made a few quid last night from bets. You'd have had to be delusional to think Pacquiao was going to win. He's not even in the same league as Mayweather and most boxing fans already knew that.

who is in the same league as Mayweather then? Pacquiao is a class act, his 'pressure' style was always going to fade as he got older, exactly why Mayweather chose to fight now.

Sun May 03, 2015 4:01 pm

ThomasC wrote:
blueminati wrote:
ElyBlueAj wrote:

who is in the same league as Mayweather then? Pacquiao is a class act, his 'pressure' style was always going to fade as he got older, exactly why Mayweather chose to fight now.

No ones in Mayweathers league. That's the point. He makes everyone look ordinary

Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 pm

ElyBlueAj wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
blueminati wrote:
ElyBlueAj wrote:

No ones in Mayweathers league. That's the point. He makes everyone look ordinary

I would of liked to of seen this fight 5 years ago, but, you are right in saying Mayweather would always be the favourite and likely winner. Pacquiao was a lot better 5 years ago

Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Even 5 years ago it would have been can the Pacman connect with the best defensive fighter in years. Manny was a bit quicker then and may have caught him, but even then it was a big if.....

I never paid for the fight.

Sun May 03, 2015 4:34 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Even 5 years ago it would have been can the Pacman connect with the best defensive fighter in years. Manny was a bit quicker then and may have caught him, but even then it was a big if.....

I never paid for the fight.

I haven't seen it, nor would I of paid PPV...the most shocking PPV ever was Haye vs Harrison :laughing6: that's criminal!

Sun May 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Mayweather earned $200 million from this fight. And I thought footballers we're overpaid. :shock:

Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Mayweather earned $200 million from this fight. And I thought footballers we're overpaid. :shock:

Exactly Elliot the Money they earned, and what people paid for it, at least the fighters could have made it a bit more entertaining :thumbup:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm

ElyBlueAj wrote:No ones in Mayweathers league. That's the point. He makes everyone look ordinary

Spot on mate. He is in a different class.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:31 am

Looking all over social media, I honestly don't know what people expected?

A pure master class performance and Mayweather made it look easy.. all the talk he didn't look up for it and all that.. effortless and credit to Mayweather.