Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:06 am

Who's going to win, i,m going for Mayweather on late round stoppage around the 10th or 11th round.

Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 am

I'll be supporting Pac Man Image

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 pm

I would love to see Pac- man win, but i just think Floyd is too good.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:33 pm

blue nile wrote:I would love to see Pac- man win, but i just think Floyd is too good.

look forward to that, quite a way off yet though!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm

blue nile wrote:Who's going to win, i,m going for Mayweather on late round stoppage around the 10th or 11th round.

Is it this Saturday?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:Who's going to win, i,m going for Mayweather on late round stoppage around the 10th or 11th round.

Is it this Saturday?

It was announced a week or so ago....think its June Annis :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:30 pm

I can't stand mayweather but I think he'll win, pac man has lost a couple of fights lately

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 am

It's in May lads. I think Mayweather as well but he is truly a horrible Kent. Will be cheering for the Pac man all the way

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Is it this Saturday?

It's May 2nd Annis.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am

Mayweather all the way in my opinion .

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:03 am

Official prices for this fight range from the cheapest $1,700 to ringside at $ 7,500 :o :o God knows whats being charged on the internet, i heard this morning someone offering a ticket for £ 70,000 in the far east :o .

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:04 am

NIBluebird wrote:Mayweather all the way in my opinion .

I think your right :thumbup:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 am

It's interesting. Mayweather is by far the firm favourite but he's faced suckers for a few fights now. Pacquiao might have lost a couple of fights recently but he's kept fighting the best. I guess in terms of a football analogy, it would be similar to Chelsea playing Championship teams week in, week out and winning with Manchester United playing top four teams and losing the odd one. Would you fancy Chelsea or Manchester United?

Personally, I think Mayweather will sneak it on points but it will be closer than the bookmakers are suggesting. The sad thing is that this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago. Neither boxer is near their peak any more.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Zabier wrote:It's interesting. Mayweather is by far the firm favourite but he's faced suckers for a few fights now. Pacquiao might have lost a couple of fights recently but he's kept fighting the best. I guess in terms of a football analogy, it would be similar to Chelsea playing Championship teams week in, week out and winning with Manchester United playing top four teams and losing the odd one. Would you fancy Chelsea or Manchester United?

Personally, I think Mayweather will sneak it on points but it will be closer than the bookmakers are suggesting. The sad thing is that this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago. Neither boxer is near their peak any more.

Should have happened after Pacquiao knocked Hatton out.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Mayweather split decision

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Although this fight is a few years too late maybe, it still is a fight i,am really looking forward to :)

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Its May 2nd........Forest away.........then the fight.......then an all dayer sunday at the globe watching 2rude. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

The closer this fight gets, the more I'm beginning to think pacman will win. Mayweather doesn't seem his usual cocky assured self in the build up to this fight, while pacman looks really confident. It might just be that mayweather is taking this fight a lot more serious than he usually does and decided to keep a lower profile...or maybe he's worried with doubt in his mind. Also if this goes the distance which is a good chance it will, then the judges could well go for the more aggressive fighter which will probably be pacman...whatever though, I got a feeling mayweather is gonna have to do a bit more than just hide behind his shoulder roll and counter attack, to win this fight. He's gonna have to show a bit more endeavour...than just going through the motions imo

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:The closer this fight gets, the more I'm beginning to think pacman will win. Mayweather doesn't seem his usual cocky assured self in the build up to this fight, while pacman looks really confident. It might just be that mayweather is taking this fight a lot more serious than he usually does and decided to keep a lower profile...or maybe he's worried with doubt in his mind. Also if this goes the distance which is a good chance it will, then the judges could well go for the more aggressive fighter which will probably be pacman...whatever though, I got a feeling mayweather is gonna have to do a bit more than just hide behind his shoulder roll and counter attack, to win this fight. He's gonna have to show a bit more endeavour...than just going through the motions imo

I am starting to feel the same and I don't know why. Always thought that mayweather would just fiddle and pot shot hid way to another decision and nothing I'm mannys last performances suggest he will be Floyd but I've just got this sneaky feeling he might win a close and disputed decision mostly on workratE and aggression. Cotto and maidana pushed Floyd and he's not moving like he used to and spends lots of time on the ropes. Manny is far quicker than both of those so could hit Floyd a lot. I really hope Manny wins as one of if not possibly my favourite ever fighter and enjoy his fights far more than floyds. Plus he has always fought anyone.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:12 pm

The real question is am I guna make the fight when I'm starting at 06.00 for the forrest game!

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Other than may weather's defence i don't think he is much of a threat.
how sharp is pacquiao is the question if he's at his sharpest it should be a relatively easy days
work

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Pacquiao will have to knock Mayweather out in order to win!

If it goes to point, Mayweather will definitely WIN (it be fixed for mayweather to win).

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:49 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:Pacquiao will have to knock Mayweather out in order to win!

If it goes to point, Mayweather will definitely WIN (it be fixed for mayweather to win).

Out of interest why do you think it would be fixed in Mayweathers favour?
In some of his recent fights in Vegas especially the Alvarez fight the judges have tried there best to rob Mayweather.
The one judge gave Alvarez a draw in a fight that Mayweather clearly won

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Will be a close fight but I cant see PBF losing it. Pac is not the same fighter he was a few years back IMO. PBF on pts for me.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 am

ElyBlueAj wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:Pacquiao will have to knock Mayweather out in order to win!

Out of interest why do you think it would be fixed in Mayweathers favour?
In some of his recent fights in Vegas especially the Alvarez fight the judges have tried there best to rob Mayweather.
The one judge gave Alvarez a draw in a fight that Mayweather clearly won

Just been let down by many fights, especially big fights in the states (e.g. Khan vs Peterson, pacquiao vs bradley, Lewis vs Hollyfield, Mayweather vs Castillo, De La Hoya vs. Mosley and many more).

If this fight comes down to points, it will favour in Mayweather. Either fixed or they bottle it! So manny has to knock him out which i doubt. Just my opinion...hope no one takes this personally.

Sun May 03, 2015 10:44 am

Well that was a load of rubbish, what a terrible fight, anybody else feel cheated by this farce, boxing is dead :(

Sun May 03, 2015 10:57 am

blue nile wrote:Well that was a load of rubbish, what a terrible fight, anybody else feel cheated by this farce, boxing is dead :(

I heard a scouse boxer on BBC radio 5 saying there are great fights out there, a lot not televised. Froch vs Groves 1st fight was excellent. Be wary of fighters who are both older than 35 fighting each other is what I take from it

Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 am

Yes Thomas right about boxers over 35, Floyd and Pac far too old, Don't know if you remember the 3rd Leonard V Duran fight when they were both past their best, the fight last night reminded me of this.

Sun May 03, 2015 11:49 am

blue nile wrote:Yes Thomas right about boxers over 35, Floyd and Pac far too old, Don't know if you remember the 3rd Leonard V Duran fight when they were both past their best, the fight last night reminded me of this.

it's a shame fighters have so much control hand-picking fights. Becoming a unbeaten fighter was practically unheard of, now we have Mayweather & Calazghe doing this in modern times :old:

Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm

blue nile wrote:Well that was a load of rubbish, what a terrible fight, anybody else feel cheated by this farce, boxing is dead :(

Have you ever seen Mayweather fight before?