Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: General Election 2015

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:12 pm

As a young voter who has gone back to education because I couldn't find employment I will be voting for my future hopefully to live. Yet I have no idea who to vote for. I think I will wait to see the tv debates before aligning myself to a party

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Quite frightening how many here are intending to vote UKIP.

How on earth would they be beneficial to Wales?! They don't care for Wales.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Quite frightening how many here are intending to vote UKIP.

They would manage immigration so we're not overpopulated, increase the amount of schools, GP surgeries etc available to us, build more grammar schools to give our children a promising future, improve the quality of our lives by only allowing in skilled people overseas who can actually contribute to our country and Farage wants to take away the 50 million a day we're paying to the European union and use that money on the British people instead.

Farage has already proven in the European Parliament that he has the balls to stand up for our people and country, plus he's been proven correct with everything he said about the futures of Greece, Portugal and Spain. Farage has proven he can see the future and I would feel much safer with Farage planning for our future ahead of anyone else. He gets my vote.

How can the Conservatives and Labour be beneficial to us? They've proven to be beneficial to us for decades haven't they! Why not try someone different? What do we have to lose?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Quite frightening how many here are intending to vote UKIP.

They would manage immigration so we're not overpopulated, increase the amount of schools, GP surgeries etc available to us, build more grammar schools to give our children a promising future, improve the quality of our lives by only allowing in skilled people overseas who can actually contribute to our country and Farage wants to take away the 50 million a day we're paying to the European union and use that money on the British people instead.

Farage has already proven in the European Parliament that he has the balls to stand up for our people and country, plus he's been proven correct with everything he said about the futures of Greece, Portugal and Spain. Farage has proven he can see the future and I would feel much safer with Farage planning for our future ahead of anyone else. He gets my vote.

How can the Conservatives and Labour be beneficial to us? They've proven to be beneficial to us for decades haven't they! Why not try someone different? What do we have to lose?

As a Cymro Cymraeg (Welsh-speaking Welshman), I could never vote for such a party. They stand in complete opposition with what I believe, Wales and the Welsh language.

If you want someone/something different, then try Plaid Cymru. The only party that actually cares for our country. As you said, what do we have to lose?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 am

Can see Paxmam attempting to destroy them tonight.

9pm on Sky News or C4.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Farage has apparently turned up.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Farage has apparently turned up.

And he's gone straight to the bar :lol:

https://twitter.com/DMcCaffreySKY/statu ... 2236626944

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Depressed Blue wrote:Farage has apparently turned up.

And he's gone straight to the bar :lol:

https://twitter.com/DMcCaffreySKY/statu ... 2236626944

Great move by Farage! How did everyone come across? Did Paxman grill them?

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 pm

poll showing Canmeron won it 54% to 46%.

However Leanne Wood has stated today that she wants more immigrants to Welsh communities. Haven't she been to places like Merthyr ?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:55 am

Military Junta wrote:poll showing Canmeron won it 54% to 46%.

However Leanne Wood has stated today that she wants more immigrants to Welsh communities. Haven't she been to places like Merthyr ?

for fu£k sake more immigrants UKIP FOR ME TOO!! :old: :old:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 am

UKIP for me

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 am

Love him or hate him farage is the only one to say it how it is

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:19 am

wez1927 wrote:Love him or hate him farage is the only one to say it how it is

He doesn't though does he. Lied about the immigration statistics for a start. I stand by what I said earlier, they want to rip apart the NHS and make you all pay for healthcare. Is that what you want? Do you honestly value immigration over your own health? Especially when others parties are also addressing the immigration problem.

Like I said, if you've researched UKIP and still agree that they are the best party for you then all the power to you. You obviously have the freedom to vote who you want and I fully respect that. However, if I end up having to pay for private healthcare because you guys simply wanted immigration sorted then I'll write you a thank you note because I know I certainly wouldn't be able to afford a fair chunk of private healthcare and I know I am not the only one on this board who would be in that situation.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:44 am

Cameron did well last night, Miliband did better than expected showing some personality. However, Ed offered little in terms of changes he kept talking about a better Britain and hope but offered nothing in terms of what that would look like. At least Cameron gave some (though not all) ideas of what a Conservative term would look like. Both leaders can take heart from the first show though for me it showed that I really don't trust the two Ed's to run the country.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:48 am

Zabier wrote:

He doesn't though does he. Lied about the immigration statistics for a start. I stand by what I said earlier, they want to rip apart the NHS and make you all pay for healthcare. Is that what you want? Do you honestly value immigration over your own health? Especially when others parties are also addressing the immigration problem.

Like I said, if you've researched UKIP and still agree that they are the best party for you then all the power to you. You obviously have the freedom to vote who you want and I fully respect that. However, if I end up having to pay for private healthcare because you guys simply wanted immigration sorted then I'll write you a thank you note because I know I certainly wouldn't be able to afford a fair chunk of private healthcare and I know I am not the only one on this board who would be in that situation.

To be fair, UKIP would never do that they would be mad. Some healthcare works better privatised, not all of the NHS has been free since the 50s/60s. Nye Bevan quit in the 50s because of it. The Gov simply couldn't afford for it all to be free and some things are done better privately. But most of it is better free and should remain free. I'd prefer to see levies imposed on patients who are there because of alcohol/drug abuse as that costs the NHS billions a year when it's people simply being irresponsible.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Zabier wrote:

To be fair, UKIP would never do that they would be mad. Some healthcare works better privatised, not all of the NHS has been free since the 50s/60s. Nye Bevan quit in the 50s because of it. The Gov simply couldn't afford for it all to be free and some things are done better privately. But most of it is better free and should remain free. I'd prefer to see levies imposed on patients who are there because of alcohol/drug abuse as that costs the NHS billions a year when it's people simply being irresponsible.

I agree with the introduction of levies for drink and drug abuse. The NHS is currently being neglected though and it's clear to see. The depressing thing is that I don't actually agree with the manifesto of any of the main parties. Not even the Green Party who are drawing some support. Definitely going to have to study the next few weeks. The annoying thing is, in terms of local MPs, Jenny Willott has always done a decent job around where I live but her association with the Liberal Democrats has cast a shadow on her work. In terms of national power, I really do not know who would be the best party to lead. Ugh.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Zabier wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Zabier wrote:

I agree with the introduction of levies for drink and drug abuse. The NHS is currently being neglected though and it's clear to see. The depressing thing is that I don't actually agree with the manifesto of any of the main parties. Not even the Green Party who are drawing some support. Definitely going to have to study the next few weeks. The annoying thing is, in terms of local MPs, Jenny Willott has always done a decent job around where I live but her association with the Liberal Democrats has cast a shadow on her work. In terms of national power, I really do not know who would be the best party to lead. Ugh.

Yes I agree that the NHS needs a bit of work to get where it needs to be. I don't think you will ever agree with an entire manifesto. You have to pick the things that matter most to you (say a top three for example) and measure the parties against that. I think the Green Party have a much scarier manifesto than UKIP, the Greens would ruin the UK.

That's one thing that does bug me about our system, you could have a good, honest hard working MP but working for a party you disagree with. I think you could e-mail her quite easily and mention your issue that you think she is decent but dislike her party and see what she says. Maybe she isn't happy with Lib Dems either and wants to change the way they are run?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

I thought Miliband did very well considering they were trying to paint an image of him being a nerd with a soft touch.

Cameron as ever did his calm routine. It is so easy for him.

Miliband came across as more human.

Paxman was terrible as was Kate Burley.

In other news the Plaid leader was on Question Time. I really had no idea they were so far to the left. Blueminitis plan of lower corporation tax under them simply would not happen.
Last edited by Depressed Blue on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Haha, the Green Party manifesto does make it seem like they would turn the UK into Teletubbies land... and I consider myself to be fairly liberal!

It's a tough decision to make. On the one hand you want to vote for a party that you feel is most morally in line with what you think and feel but then you also need to consider your family's needs and which party will actually do the best job at running the country.

I suppose at least we have the right to vote. I've not got a lot of time for people that say "this country has gone to shit" and "we're living in a third world country". Go to most other countries and there's a reason immigrants are dying to get into the UK.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Zabier wrote:Haha, the Green Party manifesto does make it seem like they would turn the UK into Teletubbies land... and I consider myself to be fairly liberal!

It's a tough decision to make. On the one hand you want to vote for a party that you feel is most morally in line with what you think and feel but then you also need to consider your family's needs and which party will actually do the best job at running the country.

I suppose at least we have the right to vote. I've not got a lot of time for people that say "this country has gone to shit" and "we're living in a third world country". Go to most other countries and there's a reason immigrants are dying to get into the UK.

Morally this country has gone downhill (though we are still better than a lot of other countries!) but financially we are punching well above our weight.

An election is like a job interview, there will be pros and cons to all the candidates but which ones will do the best job and has a similar vision to you?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:I thought Miliband did very well considering they were trying to paint an image of him being a nerd with a soft touch.

Cameron as ever did his calm routine. It is so easy for him.

Miliband came across as more human.

Paxman was terrible as was Kate Burley.

In other news the Plaid leader was on Question Time. I really had no idea they were so far to the left. Blueminitis plan of lower corporation tax under them simply would not happen.

I thought Paxman was great, asked the tough questions and did as much as he could and probably more to ensure he got an answer. He was hard on both leaders but undoubtedly his hardness on Ed was good for Ed as Ed used it to showcase his personality.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Parliament has been dissolved and the election campaigns begin.

All MPs are now common muck like you or me. For a month and a bit.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Zabier wrote:

The nhs is not free ,we pay national insurance for it ,they have never said that people will have to pay at point of service it will be free

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Zabier wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Zabier wrote:

You do know that the NHS in Wales is run by the Welsh Assembly and they didn't ring fence their NHS funding and this election will have nothing to do with how the NHS here in Wales anyway

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:59 am

Ukip for me. :thumbup:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 am

Military Junta wrote:You do know that the NHS in Wales is run by the Welsh Assembly and they didn't ring fence their NHS funding and this election will have nothing to do with how the NHS here in Wales anyway

Not really true though is it.
The money the Welsh Government gets comes mainly from Westminster. Which means how much money the Welsh Government gets can depend on who gets elected in May. Obviously how much money the Welsh Government gets will have an impact on the Welsh NHS.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Considering going SNP. Feel it will Bebefit me most living here, plus I dislike the way that the other party's acted following the referendum vote. Interested to hear if any other Scottish bluebirds are considering SNP.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:29 pm

The WAG gets its money from Westminister and refused to ring fence the Welsh NHS. I'm sorry but when are the Welsh people going to start lying blame on the WAG ? It's not Westminsters fault that out of the funding they decided to buy an airport, give free persciptions to everyone and give free parking to everyone. Where's that money going to come from ?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:42 pm

If UKIP and Farage get in, we are well and truly f****d

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:43 pm

So for all you UKIP haters what about:
Labour's complete failure to generate sustainable jobs
The abandonment of the young, the proliferation of NEETS and those university educated
The failure to create apprenticeships of value not six month cheap labour stints for exploitative employers
The corruption within Welsh Labour "jobs for the boyos"...who you know not what you know
The same inept useless faces being bounced around in WAG can you think of one single charismatic politician in Wales?
To cap it all where I live 106 Labour Party members decided to appoint Stephen Kinnock as Parliamentary candidate for Aberavon
a guy who lives in Denmark !!!!!! I confronted him on this and he became visibly agitated

As for the rest well the Tories are what they are they will help the better off, PC well they are a complete joke, Lib Dems fluffy wankers who shored up Cameron and abandoned all their principles.That leaves The Greens or UKIP ?One thing is certain we are a small Island with finite resources and CANNOT sustain the levels of migration which Cameron failed to control so miserably.Also the Muslim Trojan horse is a deep concern especially for our children and grandchildren.
Nigel mine's a Strongbow !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

l