Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " THIS WEEK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CARDIFF CITY "

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:05 pm

UPDATED SEASON TICKETS

Sales have picked up massively nearing the 1,500 mark :thumbright: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: " THIS WEEK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CARDIFF CITY " :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Regarding Season Ticket Sales/The next week is the last chance where you can keep your existing seat.

March 31st is the Deadline,Come on City fans support our club through the Good & bad days,not just Glory days :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

City have now sent out 16,000 plus leaflets and pre-paid envelopes :thumbright:

You can pay monthly :thumbright: :thumbright:

Were now nearing the 1,000 mark, but down by about 8,000 at this time last season.

City currently have approx 16,500 including Premier Seats etc(not the 18,200 that was announced).

Can we at least get over 8,000 for next season?

I know quite a few people who are renewing this week including my family & myself :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :thumbright: " We are back in BLUE & Our Badge has improved drastically " :thumbright: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " COME ON CARDIFF FANS SHOW YOUR TRUE SUPPORT " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: " THIS WEEK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CARDIFF CITY "

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:27 pm

I will be renewing this week for myself and Angharad :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Renewed, although cant get to most !

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:31 pm

I had a renewal form and pre paid envelope with my thank you for renewing letter last week. cant say its well organised :lol:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:55 pm

I think at a push we will reCh 3000 to 4000 season tickets by August, I hope so anyway. We should get 2000 to 3000 walk up then :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:17 pm

I currently have a block of four seats in the Premier Club but I will just be renewing one.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Will renew !
But not in my current seat in the family stand
Moving over canton due to hearing the away fans all game
And also I can sing myself over there
Ohh and the Birmingham fans scared me yesterday ;)

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm

At what point in time did being a season ticket holder become the only badge to certify you were a true fan ?

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm

4 of us left out of 8 none renewing next season .

Most of us are away midweek so tend to miss those games , this season alone we have 8 home midweek games . It doesn't make financial sense anymore to have a season ticket .

I will be paying per game next season when we play Saturdays
Last edited by thomasblue on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Our season tickets won't be great but we will have a decent walk up next year, I will be renewing and re locating to 117 to make some noise :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Nope, going to spend 370 bucks on something else. Ill pick my games.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:39 pm

I will be renewing tho week as well!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: :ayatollah: " THIS WEEK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CARDIFF CITY " :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Regarding Season Ticket Sales/The next week is the last chance where you can keep your existing seat.

March 31st is the Deadline,Come on City fans support our club through the Good & bad days,not just Glory days :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Were now nearing the 1,000 mark, but down by about 8,000 at this time last season.

City currently have approx 16,500 including Premier Seats etc(not the 18,200 that was announced).

I know quite a few people who are renewing this week including my family & myself :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :thumbright: " We are back in BLUE & Our Badge has improved drastically " :thumbright: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " COME ON CARDIFF FANS SHOW YOUR TRUE SUPPORT " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

We'll it might be very important to the club but you wouldn't think so with the incompetence with which they have dealt with encouraging existing season ticket holders to renew (why wait until last week to send out renewal forms?) or attract new season ticket holders ( uninspiring football and poor football management quality).

We have a board of directors who now have some clue about how to run a business properly from a financial point of view, but are still totally devoid of any football or marketing/PR skills or knowledge. The majority remain there as "yes men" for the majority shareholder rather than make any positive contribution to the football club. And they, and the other board members don't understand,have forgotten or just don't care where their legal duty of care as directors of an insolvent UK limited company lies. It might be Ok for those directors holding foreign passports if it all goes t*ts up financially as they disappear out of UK jurisdiction but the UK directors will then be left carrying the can in terms of possible personal financial liability,bans from being directors etc.

God knows we have had directors who were incompetent and deserving bans (e.g Peter Ridsdale) in the past but the current ones are the ones who have created a level of debt which has put the club in potentially the greatest level of financial danger .

For the above reasons I am in no hurry to renew my season ticket and may well not bother at all . You and I may disagree on things far more often than we agree but I am sure we can agree that I don't fall into the category of a fair weather or glory hunting fan. After 53 consecutive seasons of following the club at home (12 games missed in total over that period) and decades of regular away support as well until recent seasons I just have increasingly felt I have had enough and the current owner and management have led me to not care much for the club I have loved for 5 decades.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: :ayatollah: " THIS WEEK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CARDIFF CITY " :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Here's a good question for you Annis, back in the 80s, out of all the lads who followed City religiously home and away, how many were season ticket holders?? Personally I didn't know anyone who held a season tickets, yet would turn up at somewhere like Halifax on a wet Tuesday night :laughing6: :laughing6: :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:28 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

We'll it might be very important to the club but you wouldn't think so with the incompetence with which they have dealt with encouraging existing season ticket holders to renew (why wait until last week to send out renewal forms?) or attract new season ticket holders ( uninspiring football and poor football management quality).

We have a board of directors who now have some clue about how to run a business properly from a financial point of view, but are still totally devoid of any football or marketing/PR skills or knowledge. The majority remain there as "yes men" for the majority shareholder rather than make any positive contribution to the football club. And they, and the other board members don't understand,have forgotten or just don't care where their legal duty of care as directors of an insolvent UK limited company lies. It might be Ok for those directors holding foreign passports if it all goes t*ts up financially as they disappear out of UK jurisdiction but the UK directors will then be left carrying the can in terms of possible personal financial

liability,bans from being directors etc.

God knows we have had directors who were incompetent and deserving bans (e.g Peter Ridsdale) in the past but the current ones are the ones who have created a level of debt which has put the club in potentially the greatest level of financial danger .

For the above reasons I am in no hurry to renew my season ticket and may well not bother at all . You and I may disagree on things far more often than we agree but I am sure we can agree that I don't fall into the category of a fair weather or glory hunting fan. After 53 consecutive seasons of following the club at home (12 games missed in total over that period) and decades of regular away support as well until recent seasons I just have increasingly felt I have had enough and the current owner and management have led me to not care much for the club I have loved for 5 decades.

Keith, Never doubted your loyalty :thumbright: :thumbright:

As to how bad our club is run,you and I for the last couple of years have agreed its been a total shambles and No care to our fans.

Personally Yes, Ive lost a lot of Love for my club as they who now run our club,honestly dont care about the fans.
But its like drug to me and I cant stop myself renewing.

I totally understand where your coming from Keith :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Here's a good question for you Annis, back in the 80s, out of all the lads who followed City religiously home and away, how many were season ticket holders?? Personally I didn't know anyone who held a season tickets, yet would turn up at somewhere like Halifax on a wet Tuesday night :laughing6: :laughing6: :bluescarf:

I had one and Ive got them all in my house to prove it :thumbright: :thumbright:
Plus I was away at Halifax running a coach of lads every Tuesday/Wed nights where ever we played in the Country,no matter how far,we were virtually the only fans there in them days :lol:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Plus we starting to play decent football now! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

They used to br little Stubbs with numbers on and covered you for matches and reserve games.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Haven't renewed yet but have all intentions of doing so this week :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Would miss it so much if I didn't renew. My thinking is support the boys and the club in the good times and not so good times :laughing6:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 am

Spoke to a guy a few rows behind me in the family stand, he's from around Porthcawl or Bridgend or thereabouts, told me he only bought ST because we were in the PL, has had one for 3 seasons, buys 4 for his family, but next seasons he's switching them to the Jacks if he can get 4 tickets together :o :o :o those kind of supporters we defiantly DO NOT NEED :twisted:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:14 am

Decided on Saturday that I will be renewing in the same seat for next season along with my dad, we have some good people around us and there's no way we can turn our backs on City. :thumbright:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Spoke to a guy a few rows behind me in the family stand, he's from around Porthcawl or Bridgend or thereabouts, told me he only bought ST because we were in the PL, has had one for 3 seasons, buys 4 for his family, but next seasons he's switching them to the Jacks if he can get 4 tickets together :o :o :o those kind of supporters we defiantly DO NOT NEED :twisted:

They are what I call local glory supporters. :thumbright:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Spoke to a guy a few rows behind me in the family stand, he's from around Porthcawl or Bridgend or thereabouts, told me he only bought ST because we were in the PL, has had one for 3 seasons, buys 4 for his family, but next seasons he's switching them to the Jacks if he can get 4 tickets together :o :o :o those kind of supporters we defiantly DO NOT NEED :twisted:

Yes we do......We need everyone through the gates. Not many clubs have a high percentage of loyal supporters. We are probably a 13K club at present with 5k floaters, 5K when its a big game.

Vinnie knew there are a lot of premier league tourists, so he could have charged high prices for the other 10K if we were in the premier league.

The problem with the guy in the family stand is that he is just more honest than the bollox I read on here about supporting the club for 200 years with a season ticket in all but 1, but this is my last season....

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:17 am

JonCCFC wrote:

They are what I call local glory supporters. :thumbright:

And the sadder thing is that many of the 'deserters' will still come on here in their relative anonymity and want a say (mainly negatively) in what is going on at a club they no longer support in any real way! :roll:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 am

How long does it take for the credit agreement to be ok'd.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:46 am

We will get 10000 season ticket holders by next season. I have no doubt that people will wait theres no rush people know we won't sell out

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am

Undecided yet - £549 a lot of cash to watch this style of football

May just pick games and keep the cash

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:13 pm

I'll be picking and choosing games next season

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm

We renewed our 2 this morning for 112 - will look at moving across to 114 in April, the gaps round us are terrible some games :-(

As long as I can afford it I will renew.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Was thinking of moving to the ninian upper for a better view, but a bit concerned that if I move there then part way through pre season the club will announce that they are closing the upper ninian on matchday and I'll get a random seat somewhere else in the ground.

Do we think there's a risk of them closing other parts of the grounds after ST have been purchased?