Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player Finance Fund SPC 1?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 am

Simple question has anyone ever heard of them?

I hadn't until 5 minutes ago but it appears they are a Hedge Fund which are administered by the Walkers Group of the Cayman's Island. Their connection to CCFC is vague but since the day after the EGM (28/05/2010) they hold a whopping great first charge mortage set against the real estate, income, debentures and the players registrations owned by Cardiff City Football Club.

I'm not sure what has happened but considering the £6m invested by TG/VT was for shares, then this would indicate that another substancial amount of money has been or is to be invested in the form of a loan, now or in the future?

Also is their name any indication of their intentions i.e. 'Player Finance Fund?'

Re: Player Finance Fund SPC 1?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 am

sounds like another dodgy Riddler loan / scam to me unless it was something that Sam did ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:35 am

another riddler loaning money, the guy was a prasite, like drug addicts he would borrow money agaisnt anything and everything and tell lies

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 am

Yep sounds like one of Riddlers scams - maybe mortgaging players, which is what he did at Leeds.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Simple question has anyone ever heard of them?

I hadn't until 5 minutes ago but it appears they are a Hedge Fund which are administered by the Walkers Group of the Cayman's Island. Their connection to CCFC is vague but since the day after the EGM (28/05/2010) they hold a whopping great first charge mortage set against the real estate, income, debentures and the players registrations owned by Cardiff City Football Club.

I'm not sure what has happened but considering the £6m invested by TG/VT was for shares, then this would indicate that another substancial amount of money has been or is to be invested in the form of a loan, now or in the future?

Also is their name any indication of their intentions i.e. 'Player Finance Fund?'

A loan taken out by Peter Ridsdale without telling either fellow directors or major shareholders about it (allegedly) , who only discovered its existence after a review of the finances by Gambit (the accountants linked to A Whiteley`s law firm).Its not new money nor is it linked to the Malaysian investment , but a further debt incurred by the recently departed Chairman.

NO wonder PR was so keen to try and talk up the value of the playing squad at the EGM (the one before the share approval one last month) as the loan was advanced against that asset.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am

When is this loan due to be paid back? And on a slightly different note, given the new league rules regarding a transfer embargo on clubs who are late having thier accounts signed off, have ccfc's been signed off yet?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 pm

since62 wrote:

A loan taken out by Peter Ridsdale without telling either fellow directors or major shareholders about it (allegedly) , who only discovered its existence after a review of the finances by Gambit (the accountants linked to A Whiteley`s law firm).Its not new money nor is it linked to the Malaysian investment , but a further debt incurred by the recently departed Chairman.

NO wonder PR was so keen to try and talk up the value of the playing squad at the EGM (the one before the share approval one last month) as the loan was advanced against that asset.

Where was that debt in the presentation they put on during that EGM.

The deceitful tw*t lied about that too.

Not suprising that this is coming out mind, just would like to know when it came into the accounts, there should have been a £3m boost to the clubs funds ?
No way Flitcroft didnt know about it, and I'd be very suprised if Whitley, Borley and even Guy and Hall didnt know. Its £3m quid not £3 grand ! If they didnt (dont forget this is 20% of the clubs annual turnover) then they weren't taking much notice of the figures, so f'ck knows what else was going on.

I'm also convinced Rids said the payments had been made to Sam for he first few months which contradicts completely what is said elsewhere on here.

Seems he lied about that too.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

since62 wrote:

no need for the allegedly keith its true and there will be more coming out over the next few months mark my words.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 pm

since62 wrote:A loan taken out by Peter Ridsdale without telling either fellow directors or major shareholders about it (allegedly) , who only discovered its existence after a review of the finances by Gambit (the accountants linked to A Whiteley`s law firm).

You honestly reckon the former-Chairman managed to borrow well over £3.5 million on the club's behalf without the knowledge of the other directors?

If so, who do your believe signed the papers on the club's behalf in order to facilitate such an agreement? Or do do you reckon this company simply decided to loan the club a huge amount of money because the ever-trustworthy Peter Ridsdale gave them his word that he'd pay them back some day?

Do you seriously believe the other directors failed to notice a sudden influx of almost £4 million into the club's coffers? Or did Ridsdale perhaps keep the cash in a big bag under his desk?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 pm

I thouht the player finance fund was the saeson ticket con.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 pm

He did it at LUFC, read his book, re Ray Ranson scheme.