Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY FC ' NEW CLUB CREST/BADGE '

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Ill accept it, vast improvement from the current badge but lacks creativity and looks very franchised like the mls badges!

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I like it, the red border around the shield looks good too, it brings out the bluebird more than it already is if that makes sense :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:This...

not this

Certainly Not this but the original this.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 pm

I really wish the border was yellow instead of red.

Funny how that stands out more to me than the centipede!

I think the badge is a subliminal message to the players.

'The early bird catches the worm' - its clearly instructing our players to play better in the first half and to score more goals early on to ensure we have a better chance of winning games.

Some people saying dragon is down to Tan's vanity. Could be more to do with money, if he is hoping to get some sort of following in Malaysia, perhaps he thinks that the dragon may help shirt sales. I thought this was all supposed to be about compromise. Seems to me that some people's idea of compromise is that the owner should do exactly what the fans tell him to do, and that's coming from someone who has dislikes him with a passion.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:52 pm

I've fixed the badge. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:55 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:I like it, the red border around the shield looks good too, it brings out the bluebird more than it already is if that makes sense :thumbup:

If I'm being picky I would prefer the border to be yellow

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Shocked that so many people like it, it's a step forward but why should we have to compromise, Oriental Dragon on a Cardiff City badge, f.ucking shoot me now.

Dragon is half welsh! Well haed and tail are!! :laughing6:

haha true, I'll just look at the dragon with my rose tinted spectacles on and imagine he is called Dai haha.
the Dragon is awful

Wez its better than being Red and the Beer Badge you accepted and liked :shock: :o

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:03 pm

From FACEBOOK

Bartosz Nowicki The dragon pokes my eyes...
5 hrs · Like

MW Bren Bit disappointed tbh. Happy to have the bluebird back in it's place but I'd rather the traditional badge back.
5 hrs · Like

Johnny Thunder Don't go into Cardiff then.
Johnny Thunder's photo.
5 hrs · Like · 1

Simon Folland I sort of like it, will except and will get used to it! I did like the small welsh dragon and the daffodil on the badge as it sets us a part from the English and would have liked those included somewhere although thinking about it, it may have made the badge a bit full and fussy. I say lets move on shake hands and except it "Tan has after all done a lot of good for the club as well"!
5 hrs · Like · 1

Karl Mudd · Friends with Ash Jones and 1 other
Was expecting something better. Good to have the bluebird back in prominance, and i dont mind the dragon as it was always part of the deal. But it is abit boring. Looks like something that was knocked together in a few minutes.
5 hrs · Like

Gareth Thomas · Friends with Josh Payne and 2 others
Certainly wasn't done in a few minutes: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/.../cardiff-city-2015...
This shows the effort they went to with testing how it worked on all those different materials. Incredibly forward thinking as previously crowded badges by all football clubs often don't work in different situations

CARDIFF CITY 2015 CREST REVEAL
Cardiff City Football Club are proud to share the first visuals of the new Club crest, which will be used in full...
CARDIFFCITYFC.CO.UK
3 hrs · Like · 1 · Remove Preview

Wayne Pole · 5 mutual friends
I'm happy with the badge, I was expecting a lot worse
3 hrs · Like · 1

Joel Rees · Friends with Annis Abraham Jnr
At least we back to blue ini Liam Nicholas
2 hrs · Like

Gareth J Pegg Great badge. It also gives future new owners the option to whip off the dragon
1 hr · Like

Geraint Wyn Jones · 10 mutual friends
It's awful what was wrong with the old crest,bluebird Welsh dragon and daffodil,tan is taking the piss again looks like another beer mat.
31 mins · Like

Gareth Thomas · Friends with Vince Alm and 2 others
Tan... Haha! The club designed it not Tan!
30 mins · Like

Tan would have had a big say in it
28 mins · Like

He would ok it but what is wrong with him having a say? We owe the man £130m or so!! He put a Welsh dragon massive on our current crest because he believe it tied us to Wales and being the capital, everyone went mental. So now he's gone ok, have your b...See More
19 mins · Like

How many other owners have changed the home strip colour and changed the crest.
12 mins · Like

Plenty! Crests change all the time!
Take a look at this, the history of our kits and crests, see how much it has changed! http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff ... f_City.htm
The welsh dragon is a relatively new feature. You were always gunna moan no matter what he added or didnt add.

Cardiff City - Historical Football Kits
Riverside FC was formed by members of the Riverside Cricket Club and for some years the team played in the...
HISTORICALKITS.CO.UK
10 mins · Like · Remove Preview

For me the club statement is perfect on it:
"When researching football crest development, a recurring theme from a number of clubs was of simplifying previously busy and crowded designs to push the focus on key icons and typography.

It’s a trend we followed and by doing so we could concentrate on designing a clean and simple Bluebird led Cardiff City crest that was instantly recognisable, regardless of size.

A number of proposed new designs were tested to see how they would work in single colour formats and across a number of print or digital applications.

Test results made selecting the final approved version an easier task, with the new Cardiff City crest now ready to be carried across a number of new items in 2015 and beyond."

Explains why it is more simplified, explains the trend that is certainly not made up of clubs going more simple and if you look at the picture of the crest on different materials the club have done this perfectly coz the old crest on all those materials would look far messier
8 mins · Like

I know our crests have changed from the very start as riverside.tan has striped us of our heritage and divided the fan base,
7 mins · Like

And has now made every effort to undo his mistakes. I know the club is important to us, it is, massively, I love this club! But Tan owns so many businesses, so many, like Malaysia McDonalds, Malaysia equivalent of Sky... He has so many we aren't the front of his mind. He made a business decision and did raise our profile in Asia but ultimately decided the fan base was divided. He didnt intend to hurt our heritage because if he changed Malaysia McDonalds to pink it would perhaps be foolish but wouldnt cause the uproar it has Cardiff City!
He has to be praised to changing his mind, allowing blue to return and a massive flipping bluebird on the crest! For now we owe him a lot financially, look at the club accounts. We are existing purely because he is giving us the money to pay the wages/bills.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Shocked that so many people like it, it's a step forward but why should we have to compromise, Oriental Dragon on a Cardiff City badge, f.ucking shoot me now.

haha true, I'll just look at the dragon with my rose tinted spectacles on and imagine he is called Dai haha.
the Dragon is awful

Wez its better than being Red and the Beer Badge you accepted and liked :shock: :o
at least the old Dragon is Welsh and not Chinese you can't honestly tell me you like the Dragon on the new badge ?

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

at least the old Dragon is Welsh and not Chinese you can't honestly tell me you like the Dragon on the new badge ?

I like the fact,its mainly BLUE & OUR MIGHTY BLUEBIRD IS THE MAIN FUTURE :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:07 pm

blueminati wrote::bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

That's much better

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

I like the fact,its mainly BLUE & OUR MIGHTY BLUEBIRD IS THE MAIN FUTURE :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
I didn't ask you that tho did I ? Do you like the Chinese Dragon on our badge?

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

To me it looks like a mini worm which is hardly on there and is a nothing thing.Do I like it? lets put it this why I prefer if it wasnt there at all, BUT We are 95% back to our True Identity now :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

To me it looks like a mini worm which is hardly on there and is a nothing thing.Do I like it? lets put it this why I prefer if it wasnt there at all, BUT We are 95% back to our True Identity now :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

No that would be 100% :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
But I am shocked at you moaning as you were not bothered one bit,when Tan totally stripped us of our identity?

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

the Dragon is awful

I didn't ask you that tho did I ? Do you like the Chinese Dragon on our badge?[/quote]

To me it looks like a mini worm which is hardly on there and is a nothing thing.Do I like it? lets put it this why I prefer if it wasnt there at all, BUT We are 95% back to our True Identity now :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:[/quote][/quote]

No that would be 100% :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
But I am shocked at you moaning as you were not bothered one bit,when Tan totally stripped us of our identity?[/quote]
Im a proud Welshman and didn't mind the old badge ,tbh noone of the last 3 years has been worth it just a waste of time and the new badge with the Shit Chinese badge has top it off

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 pm

I like the New Badge :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm

darran1927 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:I like it, the red border around the shield looks good too, it brings out the bluebird more than it already is if that makes sense :thumbup:

If I'm being picky I would prefer the border to be yellow

Darren and so would I but it's a small price to pay. When I first saw the badge I didn't even notice the dragon it's that small.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Much better than the beer mat but I'm disappointed the dragon just looks like it's been plonked there, looks stupidly out of place and if we're being honest has f**k all to do with Cardiff City. Shame really because I was looking forward to getting next seasons top.

This made me laugh mind :lol: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

https://twitter.com/waatpies/status/574879524871094272

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Works for me :bluescarf:

Re: CARDIFF CITY NEW CLUB CREST

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I LIKE IT :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Agree great badge

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes, the red worm is a bit odd and will be the cause of many jokes.

Overall the badge is a HUGE improvement over the other one.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:21 pm

I like it, especially the big bluebird within a circle, seems more traditional like that.

Not fussed on the type of dragon used, but if that's the compromise then IMO the fans have won, that's if there was ever going to be a win / lose situation.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Tan won't be happy if the Bluebird spots the maggot on the bottom and eats it :-)

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Thank you Tan for ALMOST reversing the rebrand

Just that red border and the chinese centipede that are spoiling it now, You just wouldn't let it lie would you? And yes I am being ungrateful,
Also is it just me that doesn't like the colours of our badge as in Its RED WHITE AND BLUE.

Too much Swansea/England white on there.

Theres no pleasing some of us! But its a million times better than the beermat even if I don't like it! :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm gonna buy a lot of the merchandise. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:33 pm