Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY FC ' NEW CLUB CREST/BADGE '

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:02 am

I can except this badge :bluescarf: .
If I was being picky as I have worked in a design agency, I would say a little less white, the word Bluebird could have also been added as there is a lot of space, the Red Dragon could have even increased in size very slightly to proportion the whole badge out, but compared to the beer mat badge now, its a hundred times better :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: CARDIFF CITY FC 'NEW CLUB CREST'

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Fair play, they have done well to bring this back to how it should be. Well done Mr Tan.

If anybody moans about this then I think you should go support somebody else - now its definately time to move on and worry about whats happening on the pitch!

Totally agree. This is a good badge. Time to give Tan slime slack for this.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 am

Terribl. Badge worse than the rebrand one ,the club are Shit at designing things the Dragon is aweful

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Shocked that so many people like it, it's a step forward but why should we have to compromise, Oriental Dragon on a Cardiff City badge, f.ucking shoot me now.

Dragon is half welsh! Well haed and tail are!! :laughing6:

haha true, I'll just look at the dragon with my rose tinted spectacles on and imagine he is called Dai haha.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:11 am

ELY BOY wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Shocked that so many people like it, it's a step forward but why should we have to compromise, Oriental Dragon on a Cardiff City badge, f.ucking shoot me now.

Dragon is half welsh! Well haed and tail are!! :laughing6:

haha true, I'll just look at the dragon with my rose tinted spectacles on and imagine he is called Dai haha.
the Dragon is awful

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:12 am

I like it and here's why. I never wanted a heavily designed badge with loads of colour in it m, I just wanted something simple and to the point.

It shows us blue and with the prominent.

Also a huge improvement on the badge we have now.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 am

In all fairness they have researched the badge quite well :D

I still would have preferred the old shield but this is more acceptable than the last few.

Little bit too white though..... maybe could have incorporated yellow inside the shield to highlight the Bluebird within the circle and the Dragon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am

Not bad but not good.
Cant beat the old badge....

Dragon looks like a worm..

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:51 am

Looks like red sperm .

Like the rest of it

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:52 am

MalagaCF wrote:Not bad but not good.
Cant beat the old badge....

Dragon looks like a worm..

I think that's a consequence of the club trying to please the fans and not wanting to make it as prominent as the Bluebird!

I think it would have looked a bit better if the dragon was bigger! :)

Re: CARDIFF CITY NEW CLUB CREST

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I LIKE IT :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

So do I, Annis! :thumbup:

As 'compromises' go, it could have been a lot lot worse and the overriding result is positive :ayatollah:

It's new, but we'll soon get used to it :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:10 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Looks like red sperm .

Like the rest of it

oh dear :roll: I bet you are great fun to be around. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 pm

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: i like it, fair play, it's a good compromise.... And that YouTube video gives you goosebumps! Amazing :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 pm

I've voted no. Tbh it's not the dragon that bothers me, it's the irritating red trim on the inside. There's no need for it (away colours aside) and just smacks of tan wanting the last word.

I'm not expecting much sympathy here and overall I'm just glad our identity has been returned so no sleep lost :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm

I just saw an image of it on an e-mail received fro the club and it looks a lot better on the shirt than it does in the image downloaded on here! :thumbup:

Thought it was "ok" originally, but like it even more now I've seen i on the shirt (the top image on the e-mail) :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Am I madly crazy in love with it? probably not. To be fair I think it’s a good effort and certainly feels a lot more like Cardiff City with that on our blue kit. Its miles better than the previous effort of the beer mat and huge dragon

The dragon wouldn’t be my choice but im not going to be moan, from the compromise on the kit and badge I would say the fans have come out massively on top. Everyone said previously the bluebird on the badge looked insignificant because it was so small, well so does the dragon.

I would bet that a load of merchandise will just have the bluebird in a circle like in the centre, easy and cheap for the club to make and fans will like.

Could have been better, could have been worse, im happy.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:39 pm

:bluescarf: :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Sven wrote:I just saw an image of it on an e-mail received fro the club and it looks a lot better on the shirt than it does in the image downloaded on here! :thumbup:

Thought it was "ok" originally, but like it even more now I've seen i on the shirt (the top image on the e-mail) :bluescarf:

Added to OP

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Gavin wrote:
Sven wrote:I just saw an image of it on an e-mail received fro the club and it looks a lot better on the shirt than it does in the image downloaded on here! :thumbup:

Added to OP

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Nice to see the bluebird flying high over the centipede.Don't know what that red border is all about,it should be yellow.Quite a decent effort though,much better than that felinfoel ale beer mat!

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:I've voted no. Tbh it's not the dragon that bothers me, it's the irritating red trim on the inside. There's no need for it (away colours aside) and just smacks of tan wanting the last word.

I'm not expecting much sympathy here and overall I'm just glad our identity has been returned so no sleep lost :bluescarf:

The "last word" would have been keeping the badge we had imposed on us! ;)

This (in my eyes at least) is a massive compromise from Tan and more than I expected, so I'll live with it and move on to more important things :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:52 pm

It's a Bluebird!!

That's what everyone wanted.

The takeaway dragon at the bottom is insignificant by comparison.

The old badge with the dragon, daffodils, footballs etc was too complex IMHO anyway. The only thing I would change is the shield looks like it's being squeezed at the top by the banner, but that's just being picky.

It will look great on the home and away kits!!

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 pm

This...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 pm

AJ1927 wrote:This...

not this

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:12 pm

I do like the crest and as a designer myself i can appreciate the crisp clean crest. I don't think we are ever going to really accept that a chinese dragon is on the crest, but.. On the current badge we all moaned at how small and insignificant the bluebird is and the dragon on this crest is just as small. Its not our old crest or anything I've created but I'll be very happy to accept this one and be delighted see the back of the crest we use now. So :thumbup:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:18 pm

got up at 12.30 (nights last night....not lazy !), had a scratch, piss, quick swill and then it hit me............NEW BADGE DAY!!!!!. with much trepidation I flicked the laptop on and clicked on the badge. the result...I f*cking LOVE IT ! :bluescarf: F.T.J.!!!

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

I think the badge is pretty shit with the red outline and bloody chinese dragon,,, however, where we are now compared to just a few months ago playing in red with a welsh schools netball logo, it's much better.

As soon as tan goes ( hopefully soon) , we can either modify the dragon or just get shot of it, but at least we are the bluebirds again :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Looks better on the second PIC down, on proper material, that picture wasn't there earlier when I had a look. Still though, that serpent thing looks silly

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:51 pm

No Tan lover here but no problem with the badge. It looks ok to me.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:03 pm

I love it can't criticise and you know what they say "beggars can't be choosers". :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: