Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cardiff at enfield in f a cup

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Anybody got any memories of us playing at enfield in the f a cup (first time) im living here now and the locals still talk about it ......apparently never seeing so many mad pissed up men before ....

Re: cardiff at enfield in f a cup

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:06 pm

I remember this was it 1-0 city?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 pm

No 4..1 to the city from memory drinking pre match with merthys finest afterwards spent talking!!!! To some spurs

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

No 4..1 to the city from memory drinking pre match with merthys finest afterwards spent talking!!!! To some spurs

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Who scored? Darren Adams? Remember him?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 pm

I remember we lost 1-0 at Enfield :(

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Who scored? Darren Adams? Remember him?

His wonder goal against Wrexham :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Didnt Darran Adams score a bicycle kick at Ebbw Vale in a friendly or welsh cup game in about 95 ish - anyone else there? Just remember being on that big open terrace and bloody cold

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:38 pm

I remember that game, went with my dad. :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:10 am

Stringfellow wrote:Who scored? Darren Adams? Remember him?

Don't think it was daran Adams not the first time anyway . Without looking it up I'm sure lethal lynex had a part to play in one of the goals a rarity in itself. Great trip remember a chant that was something like " Brownhills dirty thirty" . Probably not that but it went on for ages but a great fa cup day when it seemed to matter a lot more

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:13 am

ElGwapo wrote:Didnt Darran Adams score a bicycle kick at Ebbw Vale in a friendly or welsh cup game in about 95 ish - anyone else there? Just remember being on that big open terrace and bloody cold

I think he did in injury time and it wasn't cold that was the second warmest day of the year in ebbw

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:32 am

cendl blue wrote:
ElGwapo wrote:Didnt Darran Adams score a bicycle kick at Ebbw Vale in a friendly or welsh cup game in about 95 ish - anyone else there? Just remember being on that big open terrace and bloody cold

I think he did in injury time and it wasn't cold that was the second warmest day of the year in ebbw

only minus 2 then :lol:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:10 am

I was there as well.

Remember one Caerphilly lad throwing a pie at their keeper.
The pie missed but the keeper shanked his kick into touch.
A WPC came to give him a telling off only for him to indecently proposition her .

Mad days.

I'm sure Lethal Lynex played that day !

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 am

Think it was a sunday as well

Lethal Lynex

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 am

If memory serves me right it was 4-1 and wasn't the game on a Sunday

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 am

It was the welsh cup replay, It was 1-1 at ninian park :oops:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 am

aber blue wrote:If memory serves me right it was 4-1 and wasn't the game on a Sunday

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 am

We played at Enfield 3 times in the cup between 88 and 95. The first in 88/89 we won 4-1, the second in 93/94 we drew 0-0 there and beat them 1-0 at home. In 94/95 they beat us 1-0.