Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HE'S FINALLY HERE VINCENT TAN '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:58 pm

He's here! Cardiff City confirm Vincent Tan WILL be in the director's box for Wolves clash

WHAT WILL THE RECEPTION BE LIKE FOR TAN?

Friday 27 February 2015

As Stated viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154454&hilit=VINCENT+TAN+WOLVES :thumbright:

Billionaire owner Vincent Tan will fly in for his first Bluebirds game of season, ending a self-imposed nine-month Bluebirds exile

Vincent Tan and Mehmet DalmanChairman Mehmet Dalman has confirmed Vincent Tan will be back at Cardiff City tomorrow
Cardiff City’s billionaire owner Vincent Tan WILL definitely break a nine month self-imposed exile and attend his first Bluebirds game of the season in the home Championship clash with Wolves, we can reveal.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman put an end to a ‘Will he, won’t he’ mystery surrounding Tan by confirming he IS jetting in for the match, his first Bluebirds appearance since the Premier League finale against Chelsea last May.

The Malaysian billionaire will fly into the UK on his private jet and take his place in the director’s box to run the rule first hand over Russell Slade’s team.

Dalman said: “Vincent is coming to the match.”

Cardiff had expected Tan to turn up for the game against Derby County last month, shortly after he had returned the team to blue, but the owner didn’t make it for that one.

But he has told officials he wants to see the team in action for the first time this season and will study them closely against Wolves.

Tan’s only previous visit to the Welsh capital in 2014-15 was for the European Super Cup clash between Real Madrid and Sevilla last August.

Asked if Tan would be present against Wolves, manager Slade said: “It’s possible Vincent will be at our game and it would be good to see him.”

Slade made it clear he is confident of Tan’s continued commitment to the Bluebirds even though the club’s accounts reveal the Welsh club are £174m in debt.

“The figures are staggering - the amount of money and support he has given to the football club,” said Slade. “Do I see that changing? No, I do not.

“But I can understand why he wants it run more conservatively, on a more sound financial basis.”

Re: ' HE'S FINALLY HERE VINCENT TAN '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:03 pm

What colour top will he wear ?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 pm

A retro one - red.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:What colour top will he wear ?

:lol:

Hmmm? Now that will be very interesting to see Wez :thumbright:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:What colour top will he wear ?

Blue I think.
Although I will not be cheering or chanting anything towards him as for me he's only changed back what shouldn't have tampered with in the first place.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:17 pm

bluemun wrote:A retro one - red.

:lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm

I better not drink to much I tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I better not drink to much I tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Tan is going to wear the pink flamingo coloured suit looking dapper as. 8-) :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 pm

I hate it when they talk about 'what designer' celebrities are wearing on the red carpets. But I am so looking forward to seeing what he is wearing tomorrow.

Will he just be suited with a blue tie or will he go the whole hog and tuck a nice blue shirt in his pants.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Hope Dai Hunt takes his blue knitted 10ft scarf and holds it aloft with Tan :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:43 pm

All together now
We don't care about Vincent
He doesn't care about me
All I care about
Is Cardiff City!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Certainly going to be veru interesting tomorrow.

Hoping to go, will decide when I finish work tonight.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Certainly going to be veru interesting tomorrow.

Ned, Hope you do, Sand Martin as usual if you do :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 pm

I'll be very disappointed if he parades around the pitch and gets a huge applause. I won't be acknowledging him.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:Hope Dai Hunt takes his blue knitted 10ft scarf and holds it aloft with Tan :lol:

At least Dai will say how it is to him not like the fearfull board members or others who will or have got the chop for not following suit :thumbup:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 am

can't stand him. The day he has gone I will celebrate. Lack of success on the pitch equalled lack of income to syphon out of the club. Also equalled a return to our traditional colours. Conclusion - Because he failed, we got our club back. Sad state of affairs

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:56 am

Hope the fans don 't give him a hard time .I think he was horribly advised when he took us on and didn't realise the passion and history a football club holds for fans and wider community .He was taken for a ride by previous managers whom he supported wholeheartedly and had a willing cheque book ,assuming that the manager was bound to know what he was doing.This again was naivity but another learning curve.Can't blame him for going for a manager who would not waste millions and would balance the books .Yes the football has been dire but we'll be safe this season and can hopefully bang on next .I honestly think MrT would love us to be successful and be his hobby as he grows old.So today I will neither cheer nor berated him but just enjoy the game as if he wasn't there.I believe this would be acceptable as an ice breaker on this occasion.I don't think Alex Ferguson would be very good at running a global corporation in his first few years in charge,he would take advice of yes men and be fleeced by people he thought were honest and experienced but eventually learn the ropes and be successful.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Ned, Hope you do, Sand Martin as usual if you do :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

On my way now Annis, so see you there about 12.30 :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 am

mymucker wrote:Hope the fans don 't give him a hard time .I think he was horribly advised when he took us on and didn't realise the passion and history a football club holds for fans and wider community .He was taken for a ride by previous managers whom he supported wholeheartedly and had a willing cheque book ,assuming that the manager was bound to know what he was doing.This again was naivity but another learning curve.Can't blame him for going for a manager who would not waste millions and would balance the books .Yes the football has been dire but we'll be safe this season and can hopefully bang on next .I honestly think MrT would love us to be successful and be his hobby as he grows old.So today I will neither cheer nor berated him but just enjoy the game as if he wasn't there.I believe this would be acceptable as an ice breaker on this occasion.I don't think Alex Ferguson would be very good at running a global corporation in his first few years in charge,he would take advice of yes men and be fleeced by people he thought were honest and experienced but eventually learn the ropes and be successful.

A great post, i totally agree with you. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

On my way now Annis, so see you there about 12.30 :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

:thumbright: See you there Ned.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 am

mymucker wrote:Hope the fans don 't give him a hard time .I think he was horribly advised when he took us on and didn't realise the passion and history a football club holds for fans and wider community .He was taken for a ride by previous managers whom he supported wholeheartedly and had a willing cheque book ,assuming that the manager was bound to know what he was doing.This again was naivity but another learning curve.Can't blame him for going for a manager who would not waste millions and would balance the books .Yes the football has been dire but we'll be safe this season and can hopefully bang on next .I honestly think MrT would love us to be successful and be his hobby as he grows old.So today I will neither cheer nor berated him but just enjoy the game as if he wasn't there.I believe this would be acceptable as an ice breaker on this occasion.I don't think Alex Ferguson would be very good at running a global corporation in his first few years in charge,he would take advice of yes men and be fleeced by people he thought were honest and experienced but eventually learn the ropes and be successful.

^ This - the guy has made a few mistakes - who of us haven't? However he realised that what he thought was a good idea, was not. Whether this decision was financial or otherwise I do not know. We have now reverted to our true colours and hopefully a decent badge will be revealed today.

I for one are happy to give him another chance and acknowledge the change is his stance :bluescarf: :old: