Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF CITY'S INJURIES '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Russell Slade on Cardiff City's Injuries

Ben Turner has had a scan and that showed he is progressing, but that doesn’t change the length of time he will be out which is 10 to 12 weeks. Ben has done six to seven weeks so far and is making progress. Fabio is still not quite right, but he isn’t far away. The problem is aggravating him a little, but he is out doing light training. Saturday may be too soon, but I would be disappointed if he wasn’t available on Tuesday at Rotherham.

Kagisho Dikgacoi is still three or four weeks away from coming into the main group. Even then he will have a long way to go.

Anthony Pilkington has started doing warm-ups and our medical people are building him up.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155312 :thumbright:

Pilkington and Joe Mason are still with the medics. They have not passed them on to me yet.
They are both two or three weeks away from joining the main group.

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF CITY'S INJURIES '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Cardiff v Wolves
Saturday, February 28, Cardiff City Stadium, 3pm

Likely line-ups
Cardiff (4-4-2): Marshall, Connolly, Manga, Morrison, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Kennedy, Noone, Doyle, Jones

Wolves (4-4-2): Kuszczak, Iorfa, Batth, Steadman, Goldbourne, Price, Edwards, McDonald, Sako, Dicko, Afobe

Team news
Cardiff City: Full-backs Lee Peltier, Scott Malone and Fabio all sat out Tuesday’s win at Wigan. Manager Russell Slade says Peltier, who is suffering with a calf strain, is 50/50 for Saturday, and says Fabio is the closest of the three to a return. Malone will definitely miss the game with the hamstring injury he picked up at Huddersfield and, having kept a clean sheet at the DW Stadium, it seems unlikely the Bluebirds boss will gamble with changes.

Wolves: Defender Scott Goldbourne is suffering with a foot injury but manager Kenny Jackett is expecting him to take his place in the team so he can name and unchanged 11 from the 3-0 win against Fulham in midweek. Striker Bakary Sako has been suffering with a stomach illness this week but is also expected to play.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:16 am

We seem to have had a lot of injuries this season.

Looking at the list we are still missing 7 players who might very well be playing today if fit

Malone
Pilkington
Fabio
Mason
Peltier
Digkachoi
Turner

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 am

Lawnmower wrote:We seem to have had a lot of injuries this season.

Looking at the list we are still missing 7 players who might very well be playing today if fit

Malone
Pilkington
Fabio
Mason
Peltier
Digkachoi
Turner

Tim, thankfully we still have a good squad to pick from :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:38 am

Yeah, it's OK , but I'd expect a lot of changes in the summer, still a bit high on numbers short on quality in a few areas .
I also think that due to the squad size our youngsters don't get enough opportunities