Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A WOLVES FAN ON THE GAME TOMORROW '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Wolves Fan ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155312&start=30#p1642715 )

Enjoy reading other sides forums before we play them and have posted once or twice here before.

Just thought I's give you the low-down.

Link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155312&start=30#p1642715 :thumbright:

As you can see our side basically picks itself, except for two places in the midfield, given we are away I suspect Dave Edwards who I presume you know will play and there will be a lot of fluidity from Sako, Dicko and Afobe who are the chief threats.

Sako is one of the best players in the league (on his day!) and Afobe has started excellently well for us and is a good finisher, Dicko is speed and power and to be honest I love watching Wolves players who possess so much pace.

Despite the last two score lines we have been awful at home in front of goal and this is mainly because sides sit deep and we can't utilise this pace to get in behind.

So contrary to what the last two results say, we are probably better set up away as you will be on the front foot and we can counter (If we play Van la Parra he is another lightning quick winger) and can be devastating.

Also the Rotherham game was 5-0 but it should have ended about 7-5, only disgraceful finishing from them made it look a hammering and again against Fulham the stats show an even game, so don't be fooled into thinking we are clicking into some sort of great form, quite simply you will get chances but we now have so many threats that if one or two click we can get goals.

Our last away game was at Norwich and quite simply we lost to the better team, they controlled the game and nullified us, a resounding 2-0 victory.

So yeah dont look at the last two games and take that view, we are an unpredictable side but if you give us space and time to counter we have so much pace we can be brilliant however you will also certainly get chances as our centre midfield are unpredictable.

Another note is that you probably haven't heard of our young RB Iorfa, he just got voted Young Player of the Month for the division and he is someone we have high hopes for and is a big threat from RB as he is another who will run (quickly) all day down the flank although his final ball is not yet consistent enough.

I predict a 2-2 and a lively day.

Finally, I see a lot mentioned about the 2,000 we are bringing as though it's a big deal, do most sides not sell out?
Also I know a lot has gone on between the clubs off the pitch, is it anywhere near like it was at NP?

Re: ' A WOLVES FAN ON THE GAME TOMORROW '

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Stay alert Jasper Carrot, tomorrow will be pwopa nawtee for u midlands minnows. U av been warned.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm taking my Daughter tomorrow for her first game, she was born in Wolverhampton, lived in Cardiff for the first 2 years of her life and is now back in the midlands, but she's a true blue and will be wearing her colours with pride.

UP THE CITY :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Don't compare that Brummie to us!

And I'm sure we will be able to look after ourselves.

Also what crowds have you been getting/what you expecting tomorrow?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:35 pm

wolvesfan wrote:Don't compare that Brummie to us!

And I'm sure we will be able to look after ourselves.

Also what crowds have you been getting/what you expecting tomorrow?

He was joking. There's never any trouble with our fans, especially at home. Hopefully the presence of your 2,000 fans will create a better atmosphere from our fans which has been awful this season. :thumbup:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:41 pm

City on the front foot, that's an interesting concept.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm

They'll announce an attendence of around 20,000 I reckon but there'll most likely be around 15,000 in the ground.

CCS is nothing like ninian park. You will be greeted by staff wearing your home kits and they will hand them out to youngsters at the end of the game.

I'm glad your last 2 results don't reflect the peformances, gives me some hope that we can get something out of this game. Hopefully, with the history our clubs have and the fact you are bringing 2,000 down it will make for a good atmosphere as the atmosphere hasnt been the best recently.

Enjoy the journey down and hopefully you'll be going home pointless :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Essex Bluebird wrote:City on the front foot, that's an interesting concept.

:lol: :lol: correct - yet to be seen!
Wolves ... Fluidity, power & pace.

And we've brought in O'Keefe & Ravell. Should be an interesting game!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Haha, meant in the sense that I presume the home crowd won't let the players sit back and let us dictate, although that is maybe what would get you the best result!

From an outsiders perspective (so may be well off) but when I see Whittingham, because of his set-piece delivery and Noone I am worried and Jones seems to do well against us, you certainly have the personnel IMO to be scoring more than you recently have been, is this Slade's tactics or what?

However and I probably am jinxing us, I was also puzzled you signed the likes of Revell, Doyle and O'Keefe, for me they are nowhere near promotion winning players (I know SOF did with Palace but he didn't really play) which I presume you are aiming for.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:42 pm

wolvesfan wrote:Haha, meant in the sense that I presume the home crowd won't let the players sit back and let us dictate, although that is maybe what would get you the best result!

From an outsiders perspective (so may be well off) but when I see Whittingham, because of his set-piece delivery and Noone I am worried and Jones seems to do well against us, you certainly have the personnel IMO to be scoring more than you recently have been, is this Slade's tactics or what?

However and I probably am jinxing us, I was also puzzled you signed the likes of Revell, Doyle and O'Keefe, for me they are nowhere near promotion winning players (I know SOF did with Palace but he didn't really play) which I presume you are aiming for.

Slade and tactics in the same sentence. :lol:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:46 pm

wolvesfan wrote:Haha, meant in the sense that I presume the home crowd won't let the players sit back and let us dictate, although that is maybe what would get you the best result!

Our tactics at home under Slade are not to play on the front foot, but to sit back, stay compact, let the opponent control the game and hopefully nick it 1-0 with a set-piece.

You will certainly have more possession than us and we dont create chances or certainly not leave spaces in behind.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:14 pm

WELCOME TO YET ANOTHER MODERN SOULESS ARENA :thumbup:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:38 pm

wales1927 wrote:WELCOME TO YET ANOTHER MODERN SOULESS ARENA :thumbup:

Nonesense it will be half decent tomorrow. If all the fans who moan about it pulled their finger out it would be a lot better. The hangers on have gone and that's why it was a positive improved atmosphere against rovers. I hand never seen us lose to wolves so on this basis I fancy a win or draw. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: bring the WWWW

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:36 am

Is it like ninian park?

Not really. How can i explain.... hmmmm

Have you ever been to Ikea?

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:29 am

Thanks for your thoughts Wolvesfan, you have given me a little more confidence that we may get something out of the game having read your analysis of how Wolves tend to set up. We seem more comfortable in letting teams have possession and allowing teams to attack us, so Wolves may be the perfect team to play and beat. It's the teams who are not too confident and sit back that we struggle against, as we don't have the ability to build sustained attacking passing football. I could see us nicking it from a set piece goal. :thumbup: