Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Highly insolvent?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:16 am

Is that even a thing? It's like being highly dead. Once you are dead does it matter how dead you are?

Re: Highly insolvent?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:34 am

maccydee wrote:Is that even a thing? It's like being highly dead. Once you are dead does it matter how dead you are?

Ted Bundy liked his previous girlfriends when he was younger to pretend there dead during sexual games , look how he turned out. :laughing6:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 am

maccydee wrote:Is that even a thing? It's like being highly dead. Once you are dead does it matter how dead you are?

If the club`s liabilities exceeded its assets by just £1 it would be technically insolvent but not "highly insolvent".

As they exceed its assets by nearly £66m as at 31 May 2014 I would regard a description of "highly insolvent" as apt.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Tbh most clubs are probably insolvent only the top club s seem to make money

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:Tbh most clubs are probably insolvent only the top club s seem to make money

Does it matter if high low or inbetween? Going by level of debt and what people say we ar truly f****d :thumbup:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Tbh most clubs are probably insolvent only the top club s seem to make money

Does it matter if high low or inbetween? Going by level of debt and what people say we ar truly f****d :thumbup:
someone will take a hit somewhere along the line could be a penny in the pound like the jacks done

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

someone will take a hit somewhere along the line could be a penny in the pound like the jacks done

Yes tan!! As its all his money but i suspect he as plan for way out without losing 99p in pound? Not billionaire for nothing :thumbright:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes tan!! As its all his money but i suspect he as plan for way out without losing 99p in pound? Not billionaire for nothing :thumbright:

Promotion next season And sell up

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Promotion next season And sell up

If promotion happens again, I think he will stick around for a while. Look at the lucrative streams coming in every year in that league! He would get his money back and more in no time if the club established itself in the top flight.

If having Tan leave is a goal, staying put in Championship for now is probably best in my opinion.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:36 pm

I don't think Tan has any intention of investing the sort of money needed to get us the players or manager required to get us back in the top division, especially as there is no guarantee of promotion even if he were to splash the cash. In my opinion, he will try to maintain championship level football with the minimum expenditure that he can get away with. Parachute payments will reduce his losses, and he will eventually replace all our bigger earners with players from the lower divisions on far smaller wages. I believe he has accepted that he is going to lose a substantial amount of money by becoming involved with the club, recoup what he can, and call it a day one way or the other. In my opinion, we have a long struggle ahead, and I can't see us returning to the PL for a very long time. He has had his fingers burnt once, I can't see him doing it again.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't think Tan has any intention of investing the sort of money needed to get us the players or manager required to get us back in the top division, especially as there is no guarantee of promotion even if he were to splash the cash. In my opinion, he will try to maintain championship level football with the minimum expenditure that he can get away with. Parachute payments will reduce his losses, and he will eventually replace all our bigger earners with players from the lower divisions on far smaller wages. I believe he has accepted that he is going to lose a substantial amount of money by becoming involved with the club, recoup what he can, and call it a day one way or the other. In my opinion, we have a long struggle ahead, and I can't see us returning to the PL for a very long time. He has had his fingers burnt once, I can't see him doing it again.

His problem is that if tries to stay in champ on a small budget he is risking a lot as relegation is a distinctive possibility! Plan B for him whatever that is? Sure he as plan not made money without one :thumbup:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't think Tan has any intention of investing the sort of money needed to get us the players or manager required to get us back in the top division, especially as there is no guarantee of promotion even if he were to splash the cash. In my opinion, he will try to maintain championship level football with the minimum expenditure that he can get away with. Parachute payments will reduce his losses, and he will eventually replace all our bigger earners with players from the lower divisions on far smaller wages. I believe he has accepted that he is going to lose a substantial amount of money by becoming involved with the club, recoup what he can, and call it a day one way or the other. In my opinion, we have a long struggle ahead, and I can't see us returning to the PL for a very long time. He has had his fingers burnt once, I can't see him doing it again.

Nor would I in his position.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

If the club`s liabilities exceeded its assets by just £1 it would be technically insolvent but not "highly insolvent".

As they exceed its assets by nearly £66m as at 31 May 2014 I would regard a description of "highly insolvent" as apt.

But the man responsible for the debt is a billionaire. Does that not count?

It's not like when the Riddler was in charge and we had pissed away our money for the next 18 months so couldn't pay our bills. We have money coming in that covers our bills at least.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Unless you're mostly dead.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

Unless you're mostly dead.

You're dead right!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

I agree he's unlikely to try pumping cash to get into PL after last time. Staying put is actually best for all concerned. Makes the club more attractive to a buyer without mega money. Hopefully when parachute payments stop he will clear off.

At least the wages bill will be manageable by then. At least the home colours are BLUE!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 am

Woodville Willie wrote:

I agree he's unlikely to try pumping cash to get into PL after last time. Staying put is actually best for all concerned. Makes the club more attractive to a buyer without mega money. Hopefully when parachute payments stop he will clear off.

At least the wages bill will be manageable by then. At least the home colours are BLUE!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Limbo then.