Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Even on this bloody forum

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:37 pm

We get different sums owed / debt etc. do the figures include the sale of Medel, Caulker, Mutch , Campbell etc. ? As Annis said on a previous forum:

Give me one bloody figure we are in debt for NOW I.e February 2015. It's not rocket science Keith and other accountants. You live in a world of sums. One figure please for us to all know. If you can't work it out then you can't be very good accountants can you .

One figure please TO DATE

Re: Even on this bloody forum

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm

there isnt a to date figure.

the figure is from may

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 am

Brezza wrote:We get different sums owed / debt etc. do the figures include the sale of Medel, Caulker, Mutch , Campbell etc. ? As Annis said on a previous forum:

Give me one bloody figure we are in debt for NOW I.e February 2015. It's not rocket science Keith and other accountants. You live in a world of sums. One figure please for us to all know. If you can't work it out then you can't be very good accountants can you .

Of course not accounts published only go until may 2014 those sales didn't happen until August 2014

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:50 am

Brezza wrote:We get different sums owed / debt etc. do the figures include the sale of Medel, Caulker, Mutch , Campbell etc. ? As Annis said on a previous forum:

Whilst it's not possible to do that I didn't actually see how much in debt we are in Keith's post? Lots if amounts mentioned but it never said we are in debt to tune off x amount in may 2014? :o :shock:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 am

As far as I can see, the club is in debt to various people, and owes £174 million pounds in total. Obviously they have assets that can be utilised to service some of that debt, but when you have to start selling your more valuable possessions to pay off your debts, you have a bit of a problem. Tan is a businessman, and will be looking to minimise his losses before he ditches this particular business, and that means us supporters have little to look forward to for the foreseeable future.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Whilst it's not possible to do that I didn't actually see how much in debt we are in Keith's post? Lots if amounts mentioned but it never said we are in debt to tune off x amount in may 2014? :o :shock:

In my post for the Trust website , I set out exactly how much was owed , and to whom , as at 31 May 2014.

This was a total of £157m owed out, of which £130m was owed to Vincent Tan (possibly including £7.5m owed to Mehmet Dalman`s company) , £9m to normal trade creditors , £5.5m due to Langston , £2.3m due to HMRC and £10m of other creditors (which would include season ticket money received in advance).

In response to Brezza , the best accountant in the world (other than those employed by the club to do the accounts) can`t say what the current debt is because they don`t have access to that information.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

In my post for the Trust website , I set out exactly how much was owed , and to whom , as at 31 May 2014.

This was a total of £157m owed out, of which £130m was owed to Vincent Tan (possibly including £7.5m owed to Mehmet Dalman`s company) , £9m to normal trade creditors , £5.5m due to Langston , £2.3m due to HMRC and £10m of other creditors (which would include season ticket money received in advance).

In response to Brezza , the best accountant in the world (other than those employed by the club to do the accounts) can`t say what the current debt is because they don`t have access to that information.

Thanks Keith see what it is now! mind boggling but there are worse off clubs than us, can only get better?? :thumbup:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:43 pm

So if the debt is for this year then, does it mean we have £20 million from parachute payments and approximately £25 million from the sale of Caulker, Medel, Campbell, Mutch, Cala, Daelhi etc tucked away nicely to help pay off this debt I.e. About £45 million? Because if not, where the hell has that gone? So that must mean it's no so bad is it???!!!!!!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Someone doesn't understand how financial years work. :laughing6:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Brezza wrote:So if the debt is for this year then, does it mean we have £20 million from parachute payments and approximately £25 million from the sale of Caulker, Medel, Campbell, Mutch, Cala, Daelhi etc tucked away nicely to help pay off this debt I.e. About £45 million? Because if not, where the hell has that gone? So that must mean it's no so bad is it???!!!!!!

Brazzaville you are either way off grasping the idea of accounts or are on a wind up.

As everyone is trying to make clear the debts being discussed are as at 31 May 2014.

The income figures you are quoting may or may not be right, but you are totally ignoring or forgetting the fact that the club (or any other business) has costs to pay out in order to trade-wages for instance-which come out of the income. It is not the case that all income goes direct to pay off debt

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:07 pm

But - wasn't the sale of these players AFTER May and there are other incomes other than players sales I.e. Tickets, merchandise and sponsorship? Help me understand please boys!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Brezza wrote:But - wasn't the sale of these players AFTER May and there are other incomes other than players sales I.e. Tickets, merchandise and sponsorship? Help me understand please boys!

Anything after may is not in accounts simples

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I know it's not in accounts - but the money has been collected. Therefore it means we have at least got it. Surely.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:09 pm

blueminati wrote:Someone doesn't understand how financial years work. :laughing6:

Your right but not a lot of people would need, it's true the summer clear out will be in the next accounts and parachute payments so it should look healthier but on the down side no sky money :o

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Brezza wrote:I know it's not in accounts - but the money has been collected. Therefore it means we have at least got it. Surely.

Correct

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

But there will be another parachute payment of £18 million as well

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Whichever way you look at it, we are in shit creek without the continued support of Tan. If he walked away tomorrow he could call in his debts and force us into liquidation, although that would mean a huge loss to him.
The clear scenario is, that VT is trying to now balance the books, while still aiming for the Prem, where he would, over a few years and a modicum of success, either get his money back, or be able to sell the club as a going concern.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Brezza wrote:I know it's not in accounts - but the money has been collected. Therefore it means we have at least got it. Surely.

We have lots money coming in all the time but only tan dalman and accountants know our actual debt as it stands today! Us mere mortals only know what it is upto may 2014 :P

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Exactly Pembroke. Your last comment is spot on. And that's the problem. Tan haas much to be accountable for. Slade has done what he has been told. He cannot do anymore in terms of selling players. Yes he can sell more but we need to keep some to ensure we stay in the league. What we must do when our status in the Championship is assured is sack Slade. In so doing we can sign a manager who knows the league and has the ability to take us up with the squad we have left.
Pullis not been employed is a massive error. So who can we reasonably get?