Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ive Just had this email regarding Cardiff City's Debt

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:25 pm

What do you think?

well hello there Annis.

seems I was right all along again and not trolling. in fact i estimated an exact loss of £12m from the Premier season when all were slating me and telling me that Dalman said there would be a profit.

anyway, to put a few people right, who state "if tan puts us into liquidation he will have to wipe his chin for £86m"... incorrect.

firstly he will not liquidate the club. secondly, he may liquidate the assets (asset strip) which is what you have seen already this season with the sale of Daehli, Campbell, Mutch et al. (and again exactly what i said years ago when i was told i was scaremongering and trolling).

but the point they are forgetting is - he will still own the club. he will sell the assets, be owed £86m BUT he still has access to £30m parachute payments AND the clubs shares he can sell.

there is a reason he turned you back to blue in exchange for a promise to make the club run at break even. not because the fans won or in fact that he relented - but in order to cream off the parachute payments he needs the club to stop making a loss so profits can go to him. why else do you think you have signed the likes of Malone, Slade, Revell? its a cost cutting exercise to act as a platform to cut any "after asset stripping" debt.

you will soon see that i made by far the most sense in your forums history.

Re: Ive Just had this email regarding Cardiff City's Debt

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Keith aka Since 62 in particular,whats your opinion of this?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm

no prizes for guessing who that emails off! :lol:

hes right though, and wasnt the only one saying it. Some posters thought we would make a profit but i couldnt for the life of my understand how people could think that.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:no prizes for guessing who that emails off! :lol:

hes right though, and wasnt the only one saying it. Some posters thought we would make a profit but i couldnt for the life of my understand how people could think that.

:lol:

Paul, no matter what anyone thought of him, he was virtually right all along and what a few more of us thought as well.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Many including Carl ,and annis were told we were going to make a profit only recently it came out through Keith that we weren't ,the 156 million doesn't includ this season s players sales,cost cuttings etc , so I should imagine at this point of time it's less than the 156 million in May 2014

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Correct Wez, two different CEO'S of Tans both putting different spins on our debt.

Tan also saying he had put £170 million in to our club.

All this shows is that our club has been running beyond a joke,its worse than shocking.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Many including Carl ,and annis were told we were going to make a profit only recently it came out through Keith that we weren't ,the 156 million doesn't includ this season s players sales,cost cuttings etc , so I should imagine at this point of time it's less than the 156 million in May 2014

hmm i dunno. if our wage bill was 47m or whatever it was in may, then it would have held something similar to that until january.

also we spent close to 15 million in the summer too, yes the figure might well be lower now.. but not by a whole load

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:40 pm

How can he still get a post on this forum when he has no access?

He may be right, but he shouldn't be able to post in this way.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:

But didn't Annis and Carl say we were around £170m in debt too ?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:How can he still get a post on this forum when he has no access?

Wayne, he has emailed me.

annis old chap
From Roath Magic roathieishere@outlook.comhide details
To annisabraham annisabraham@aol.com

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That's my point. Whether he's banned or has self exiled, why are his thoughts allowed on in this way.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's my point. Whether he's banned or has self exiled, why are his thoughts allowed on in this way.

Wayne, because yes he was a big troll, but he also sometimes talked a lot of sense and I was interested in other posters thoughts ?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What do you think?

well hello there Annis.

seems I was right all along again and not trolling. in fact i estimated an exact loss of £12m from the Premier season when all were slating me and telling me that Dalman said there would be a profit.

anyway, to put a few people right, who state "if tan puts us into liquidation he will have to wipe his chin for £86m"... incorrect.

firstly he will not liquidate the club. secondly, he may liquidate the assets (asset strip) which is what you have seen already this season with the sale of Daehli, Campbell, Mutch et al. (and again exactly what i said years ago when i was told i was scaremongering and trolling).

but the point they are forgetting is - he will still own the club. he will sell the assets, be owed £86m BUT he still has access to £30m parachute payments AND the clubs shares he can sell.

there is a reason he turned you back to blue in exchange for a promise to make the club run at break even. not because the fans won or in fact that he relented - but in order to cream off the parachute payments he needs the club to stop making a loss so profits can go to him. why else do you think you have signed the likes of Malone, Slade, Revell? its a cost cutting exercise to act as a platform to cut any "after asset stripping" debt.

Simon Lim was on record as saying that we would make a £12 million profit, now he must have seen enough evidence to come out with that statement, there was no need to embellish it, as there was no pressure from anywhere i.e media, fans to do so. So, the club and it's accountants have chosen to show the accounts in a different light. There seem to be so many areas within a football clubs accounts that can be altered and shielded, that its impossible to come to a true conclusion of what state a club is in. I certainly don't agree that the sales of Mutch, Medel, Caulker or Campbell were asset stripping, it was just being prudent, after relegation and the players wanted to leave anyway.
Tan also backed OGS again, by acquiring Le Fondre, Morrison, Manga amongst others, hardly the actions of a club asset stripping. At that point, I believe Tan and the club were willing to spend money to get straight back up. When they realised that OGS was a dud and was never going to get us promoted, the plan changed to consolidation, which lead to the sales of Daehli and the other dead wood having contracts terminated.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

well hello there Annis.

Simon Lim was on record as saying that we would make a £12 million profit, now he must have seen enough evidence to come out with that statement, there was no need to embellish it, as there was no pressure from anywhere i.e media, fans to do so. So, the club and it's accountants have chosen to show the accounts in a different light. There seem to be so many areas within a football clubs accounts that can be altered and shielded, that its impossible to come to a true conclusion of what state a club is in. I certainly don't agree that the sales of Mutch, Medel, Caulker or Campbell were asset stripping, it was just being prudent, after relegation and the players wanted to leave anyway.
Tan also backed OGS again, by acquiring Le Fondre, Morrison, Manga amongst others, hardly the actions of a club asset stripping. At that point, I believe Tan and the club were willing to spend money to get straight back up. When they realised that OGS was a dud and was never going to get us promoted, the plan changed to consolidation, which lead to the sales of Daehli and the other dead wood having contracts terminated.
agree with you they have written this season off I wouldn't 've surprised if the club spends a bit in the summer on players

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

well hello there Annis.

All I can say is,like I put out over a week ago, I expect the next accounts to show the debt has dropped drastically :thumbright:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

All Roathie ever did was state the bleeding obvious and why anyone gave him the time of day and thus his weird kicks is beyond me. In fact, his clag helped ruin this forum on several occasions causing some decent posters to leave. Now he's out of Uni and had to start work, he doesn't have so much time to troll but we don't need this oddball back on here in any form.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:21 pm

This scenario we find ourselves in was only going to happen if we got relegated and we did.

All Phillip use to do was preach the obvious if this or that happened.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Still doesnt tell us what actual debt is? :o and how did people expect tan to get money back, whats in article is common knowledge aswell unless they think tan is fairy godmother! also i suspect it means debt will be lot lower in time which is good for club longterm, sorry hes not clever or right hes just remixing stuff put on this board over last couple years by various people ! :thumbup:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:42 pm

I'd forgotten about that ****. :wave: