Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ARE CARDIFF CITY READY FOR THIS? '

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:08 am

' WOLVES INTEND TO ATTACK ATTACT ATTACK '

Kenny Jackett: Wolves boss in mood to carry on attacking

Thurs 26th Feb 2015

Wolves boss Kenny Jackett says his team must continue to 'go on the attack' if they are to maintain their dream of a second successive promotion.

They led the Championship on 1 November before a five-match losing run, but have since clawed their way back into serious contention.

The key, according to Jackett, is simply finding the back of the net.
"We have found a formula in terms of scoring goals. Going forward we are quite potent," he told BBC Sport.
"At various stages this season, we haven't had that. We also need to tighten up in other areas, but we must continue to go on the attack.
"Winning games consistently is very difficult in the Championship. You have to find different ways to win. The lads need to keep hungry, stay sharp and keep fully focused as we chase that top six and, if we are to have any chance, we need to be inventive around that opposition box."

Wolves remain five points adrift of the Championship play-off places with 13 games to go, despite hitting eight goals their last two games,

Wolves rediscover goal touch
Wolves scored 89 goals last term in winning the League One title, averaging almost two goals per game. This season, they have been far less prolific, averaging just over one a game until this sudden burst of 12 in four matches.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155312 :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

They are nine behind second-placed Middlesbrough following Tuesday night's 3-0 home win over Fulham, and although they now face two tough away games against Cardiff City and Bournemouth, Jackett insists that an automatic promotion place is not out of their reach.
"We've bounced back well from defeat to a very good Norwich side," he said. "If you're looking over the last four games we've got a 'three', a 'four' and a 'five'. It's no coincidence when you can score like that.
"I understand that people need to fall away, but nine points is still doable. Right from the start of the season, promotion has been our aim. I've certainly made up 10 points from the end of February, but I've never made up any more than that."
Having Mali international winger Bakary Sako back in the team following the African Cup of Nations has been a factor.
He has now scored three times in two matches, which will inevitably lead to renewed speculation on the 26-year-old's future when his contract expires this summer.
For now, Jackett is just happy to have him in his side.
"To some degree, we have done well to keep him as long as we have," he added. "But I've been delighted with his attitude. It's good to have goals coming from a different source.
"We have to sum the situation up at the end of the season. But we're comfortable with that and he is relaxed too. He doesn't want to talk about the future or do anything until then. He is happy to focus on Wolves."

Re: ' ARE CARDIFF CITY READ FOR THIS? '

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:' WOLVES INTEND TO ATTACK ATTACT ATTACK '

Thurs 26th Feb 2015

Wolves boss Kenny Jackett says his team must continue to 'go on the attack' if they are to maintain their dream of a second successive promotion.

They led the Championship on 1 November before a five-match losing run, but have since clawed their way back into serious contention.

"We have found a formula in terms of scoring goals. Going forward we are quite potent," he told BBC Sport.
"At various stages this season, we haven't had that. We also need to tighten up in other areas, but we must continue to go on the attack.
"Winning games consistently is very difficult in the Championship. You have to find different ways to win. The lads need to keep hungry, stay sharp and keep fully focused as we chase that top six and, if we are to have any chance, we need to be inventive around that opposition box."

Wolves remain five points adrift of the Championship play-off places with 13 games to go, despite hitting eight goals their last two games,

Wolves scored 89 goals last term in winning the League One title, averaging almost two goals per game. This season, they have been far less prolific, averaging just over one a game until this sudden burst of 12 in four matches.

They are nine behind second-placed Middlesbrough following Tuesday night's 3-0 home win over Fulham, and although they now face two tough away games against Cardiff City and Bournemouth, Jackett insists that an automatic promotion place is not out of their reach.
"We've bounced back well from defeat to a very good Norwich side," he said. "If you're looking over the last four games we've got a 'three', a 'four' and a 'five'. It's no coincidence when you can score like that.
"I understand that people need to fall away, but nine points is still doable. Right from the start of the season, promotion has been our aim. I've certainly made up 10 points from the end of February, but I've never made up any more than that."
Having Mali international winger Bakary Sako back in the team following the African Cup of Nations has been a factor.
He has now scored three times in two matches, which will inevitably lead to renewed speculation on the 26-year-old's future when his contract expires this summer.
"To some degree, we have done well to keep him as long as we have," he added. "But I've been delighted with his attitude. It's good to have goals coming from a different source.
"We have to sum the situation up at the end of the season. But we're comfortable with that and he is relaxed too. He doesn't want to talk about the future or do anything until then. He is happy to focus on Wolves."

I could never understand why we didn't sign Sako when we got promoted, I have always rated him :thumbup:

Re: ' ARE CARDIFF CITY READY FOR THIS? '

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:' WOLVES INTEND TO ATTACK ATTACT ATTACK '

Thurs 26th Feb 2015

About the complete opposite to Slades approach.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 am

Hmmm may be backs to the wall again sat! be huge for us if we got a win.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 pm

As Jackett is being so open about the attack mentality (assuming he is being genuine) it's an ideal opportunity to set up for countering and to sit back inviting them forward. However, it will doubtless be a 4:4:2 and total shock when they break through it!

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:As Jackett is being so open about the attack mentality (assuming he is being genuine) it's an ideal opportunity to set up for countering and to sit back inviting them forward. However, it will doubtless be a 4:4:2 and total shock when they break through it!

i dont think we got the pace to counter attack.. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:As Jackett is being so open about the attack mentality (assuming he is being genuine) it's an ideal opportunity to set up for countering and to sit back inviting them forward. However, it will doubtless be a 4:4:2 and total shock when they break through it!

We're certainly not set up under Slade for counter attacking football Willie!!
No pace & we move the ball much too slowly I'm afraid.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:35 pm

all psychological hes garaunteed to park bus against us now! :lol:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Kenny Jacket Video On Cardiff City
link
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wol ... -v-wolves/?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:52 pm

I fancy city all day long not sure why but I just do and we have a good record against wolves :thumbup:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm

That's what they did at Molineux. We held out until injury time. Respect them, yes, but let's not give up before the game starts.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:26 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:That's what they did at Molineux. We held out until injury time. Respect them, yes, but let's not give up before the game starts.

The big reason was that Ole tinkered with the team. :x