excuses for attending

A forum for all things Cardiff City

excuses for attending

Postby b h p bluebird » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Just been chatting at work with spurs colleagues(I live in n london) and some excuses beiing used to attend league cup final on sunday are quite inventive with regard to getting time off work ... any city fans used a good excuse wether it be to fool work or the wife I know I have overtime , courses , training all spring to mind sure there must be some better ones amongst you chaps
b h p bluebird

excuses for attending

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: excuses for attending

Postby billyako » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:46 am

Not an exucse but when we went up via the playoffs against QPR, I hadn't booked the day off 6 weeks in advance which was my company policy, so when we reached the final I tried to speak with my manager who knew that I would not miss the game, he said I couldn't have it off unless I found someone to cover, I couldn't find anyone so I called in sick with manflu.

About 11am on the day, the area manager rang me he had turned up at my work, and asked where I was by this point I was already in the pub in town which he could hear, I told him that I was at the football, he said I had 30mins to get to work or face the sack ( I wasn't the best employee back then), and what was more important to me the company or City, I told him that if he was waiting for me to turn up then he would be waiting until the Tuesday as that was my next shift as he had more chance of pulling a silverback gorilla (drunken comedy :oops: ) out of his arse than me coming to work now. I had to find a new job..... WORTH IT!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
billyako

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:49 am

billyako wrote:Not an exucse but when we went up via the playoffs against QPR, I hadn't booked the day off 6 weeks in advance which was my company policy, so when we reached the final I tried to speak with my manager who knew that I would not miss the game, he said I couldn't have it off unless I found someone to cover, I couldn't find anyone so I called in sick with manflu.

About 11am on the day, the area manager rang me he had turned up at my work, and asked where I was by this point I was already in the pub in town which he could hear, I told him that I was at the football, he said I had 30mins to get to work or face the sack ( I wasn't the best employee back then), and what was more important to me the company or City, I told him that if he was waiting for me to turn up then he would be waiting until the Tuesday as that was my next shift as he had more chance of pulling a silverback gorilla (drunken comedy :oops: ) out of his arse than me coming to work now. I had to find a new job..... WORTH IT!!!!

class reply - he must have been some sort of Jack tosser not to give you the day off??
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby billyako » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:12 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
billyako wrote:Not an exucse but when we went up via the playoffs against QPR, I hadn't booked the day off 6 weeks in advance which was my company policy, so when we reached the final I tried to speak with my manager who knew that I would not miss the game, he said I couldn't have it off unless I found someone to cover, I couldn't find anyone so I called in sick with manflu.

class reply - he must have been some sort of Jack tosser not to give you the day off??

My actual manager was a nice guy but we were really busy, and I know he felt bad about saying no, the area manager was a bully and thrived on the fact that most people were afraid of him or kissed his arse (I think he was a Wolves fan). I can still remember the shock in his voice when I said the above, still makes laugh.
billyako

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Hahahaha nice!!
nubbsy

Postby mr_nellio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:02 pm

:lol: Not city related but was supposed to be in work for the Wales Russia playoff game in 2003. Tried to book it off but couldnt get a definitive yes so took it off anyway. No phonecall whist at the match so thought i'd got away with it.

Next day called up to duty managers office to ask where I was ysteday. I came clean and said I had booked it off and was at the Wales game. Good job I came clean beause turns out i'd been spotted on the telly at the match and someone had tod the boss!!

No repercussions because when the boss asked the person in charge she couldnt remember if id been given it off or not :lol:
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Bluebird1977 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm

I dont need excuses i just say how it is " Im off to the football this weekend unless you want to pay me double time " :thumbup:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby AJ1927 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 am

I live in a different country
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Return to General Chat