Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Were the Wigan goals offside?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINYVevUpNg :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: Were the Wigan goals offside?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Watched the highlights today and I would say both were offside, not by much but both players were ahead of the last defender.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 pm

castleblue wrote:Watched the highlights today and I would say both were offside, not by much but both players were ahead of the last defender.

I thought they were close,but your right Gary,the Ref/Lineman made the right decisions :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 am

Does it matter
they were offside calls on the night by the llinesmen
so thats it cant be changed
the only reason I can see for the question is to undermine or win and as usual bring on the negativity :bluescarf:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:45 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Does it matter
the only reason I can see for the question is to undermine or win and as usual bring on the negativity :bluescarf:

I think the question has more to do with MM claiming that BOTH decisions were incorrect rather than any attempt to undermine the result. The facts are we scored a good goal, Wigan had 2 goals correctly disallowed and Marshall made sure we kept all 3 points courtesy of 2 great saves.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:21 pm

castleblue wrote:

I think the question has more to do with MM claiming that BOTH decisions were incorrect rather than any attempt to undermine the result. The facts are we scored a good goal, Wigan had 2 goals correctly disallowed and Marshall made sure we kept all 3 points courtesy of 2 great saves.

Malky claimed that the officials dropped " two huge clangers" by awarding them offside, anyone can see from the replays that they are both marginally offside. Grasping and Straws comes to mind. :laughing6:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm

I believe the first one was offside because you can see when the ball was played and where the Wigan player was at the time . Second one is not clear cut judged on the TV pictures . You cannot see where the Wigan player is when the ball was played .

You have to trust the assistant referee .

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

castleblue wrote:

Spot on Gary :thumbright:

It was Malky who questioned them :thumbright:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Malky claimed that the officials dropped " two huge clangers" by awarding them offside, anyone can see from the replays that they are both marginally offside. Grasping and Straws comes to mind. :laughing6:

Thats what I read as well, thats why I put the topic up :thumbright:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Why not say in the headline then
Malky says the offsides were wrong etc
Instead of confusing us :bluescarf:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Looking at the replays I would say both were offside.

On the night they look good goals though.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:25 pm

1st was definitely offside... 2nd is close, but can't see it on YouTube well as the player who scored was out of view when the ball was played