Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MINI-UPDATE WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 25th 2015 '

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm

PLUS viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154454 :thumbright:

As we know and expected the red kit has been a failure in terms of sales this season but what I was told at the end of last week surprised me.

Apparently the company in Ely who supply the kit has had 90% of the red shirts sent back by the club which totals around £25k, it is claimed that there is faults with the kits, ie. Badge not positioned correctly or stitching is not perfect ect

Normally an expected fault return would account for 3-5%.

Also the Blue kit, which there is not a lot of stock in the club shop of, is sitting in boxes at the warehouse of the manufacturing company.

Further to being told this I was told yesterday that the long sleeve tops are now being turned into short sleeves and all the tops are being debadged.

I don't know for certain but could it be that with images being released this week of the new badge, makes me think that we may see the kit restocked in the club shop but with the new badge on ?

If that is the case and of course if the new badge is accepted by fans then it could help the club shift an amount of shirts that were possibly destined for the scrap heap, a good marketing campaign on its way perhaps ?

Vincent Tan is expected to be at the game on Saturday and I don't think it is just coincidence that the images of the new badge are expected to be revealed by 'the end of the month', my feeling is that the club are confident the fans will like the new design and hope that it will show Tan in better light and the rebrand will then be totally reversed.

On the football side, or more the coaching, it is evident that Paul Trollope has had a positive effect on the squad and its coaching and as part of his involvement will see Danny Gabbidon leave the club at the end of the season but he is no longer part of the coaching set-up.

Re: ' MINI-UPDATE WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 25th 2015 '

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 pm

A lot of fans, including my brother, were talking to Choo last night and he said we'll see the badge in a couple of days... Most probably the Wolves game as you say, as 1- Tan will be there, and 2- It's retro shirt day.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:56 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:A lot of fans, including my brother, were talking to Choo last night and he said we'll see the badge in a couple of days... Most probably the Wolves game as you say, as 1- Tan will be there, and 2- It's retro shirt day.

Backs up my belief Cal that Tan's attendance and a marketing campaign are not just coincidence that the new badge will be released around the same time.

If what I am told about the kits is spot on then I suspect they are being debadged to be resold with the new one on.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 pm

It looks nice on screen, may be small elements that some may dislike. The bluebird is very prominent though.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Unfortunately for some, elements of the badge make it look like TAn is planning on sticking around for the foreseeable.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm

bobsbank wrote:It looks nice on screen, may be small elements that some may dislike. The bluebird is very prominent though.

Can you tell me the details on the badge plz? :thumbright:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:07 pm

bobsbank wrote:It looks nice on screen, may be small elements that some may dislike. The bluebird is very prominent though.

I take it that you have seen the badge? involved with the design?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:A lot of fans, including my brother, were talking to Choo last night and he said we'll see the badge in a couple of days... Most probably the Wolves game as you say, as 1- Tan will be there, and 2- It's retro shirt day.

Backs up my belief Cal that Tan's attendance and a marketing campaign are not just coincidence that the new badge will be released around the same time.

If what I am told about the kits is spot on then I suspect they are being debadged to be resold with the new one on.

All seems sensible then, return the Red stock which happens to be poor quality, keep hold of the Blue kit at the warehouse and change the badge over, all sensible and positive stuff :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Apparently its a shield style, probably with Cardiff City above and with a small oriental style Dragon??

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Apparently its a shield style, probably with Cardiff City above and with a small oriental style Dragon??

I hope not ,I want the Welsh Dragon as on the old badge for years and the current one ,no Chinese Dragon

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Come on wez
just a little give and take would go a long way
if its a large bluebird and small dragon that would do for me
dont care what type of dragon :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:59 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Come on wez
no I will be pissed off if its not a Welsh Dragon ,we are Welsh not Chinese ,that's why I don't mind the current badge it's got the bluebird and the Welsh Dragon on it

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
no I will be pissed off if its not a Welsh Dragon ,we are Welsh not Chinese ,that's why I don't mind the current badge it's got the bluebird and the Welsh Dragon on it

Welsh dragon is fine, chinese dragon is just taking the piss

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 pm

This is the badge we want ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

A compromise to our Chinese/Malaysian owner should be expected and accepted, he has taken a huge step down in allowing the rebrand, most of us are magnanimous to allow that :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Personally, I miss the daffs

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

A compromise to our Chinese/Malaysian owner should be expected and accepted, he has taken a huge step down in allowing the rebrand, most of us are magnanimous to allow that :thumbup: :bluescarf:

So when he leaves, we'll have to change our badge again? We go through more badges than Katie Price goes through husbands

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The compromise was going along with the rebrand in the first place now it's being reversed the babge should reflect the history which the Welsh Dragon is part of over the last 90 years

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Prominent bluebird i will be happy

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The compromise was going along with the rebrand in the first place now it's being reversed the babge should reflect the history which the Welsh Dragon is part of over the last 90 years

The prominent Bluebird is all that matters, small Dragons or daffodils or St David crosses are insignificant in the grand scheme of things and in fact THE most important factor is the Blue kit :thumbup:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 pm

If the new badge gets released on Saturday or on the weekend, will we see it on the playing kit this season?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Ive been told Scott Young will soon be moved away from the first team.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ive been told Scott Young will soon be moved away from the first team.

On Slade's orders?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Look forward to seeing the new badge. Agree with your points, Carl.

They'll probably release it on the big screens before kick off I expect.

Does explain why they're having this retro shirt day, and why Tan is coming to the game.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ive been told Scott Young will soon be moved away from the first team.

Good news I think :thumbright:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I agree with Wez here.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 pm

He should never be near the first team. Glad things finally getting sorted

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:03 pm

I bought the blue top this season (as i always do) and found that it is very very POOR quality. I have only worn it twice, the second time the stitching in the 'v' neck came apart when taking the top off. The sizing is way off too. I am normally a 2xl and i bought a 3xl to give me more room and its tighter than my 2xl one from last year.

Hopefully we get a good kit maker next year with good quality products. Cos the amount i paid for the top is not worth it

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Welsh dragon is fine, chinese dragon is just taking the piss

I agree.
What have we got to do with China anyway?
Have Chelsea got the Russian flag on their badge?
Abramovich has been with Chelsea a hell of a lot longer & is a hell of a lot more involved the Tan is.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Harvey1970 wrote:This is the badge we want ....

My design let's have it on our shirt... Blooobirds!!