DOWN WITH OLE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOWN WITH OLE

Postby Colourblind » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Whatever his faults, it looks like Slade may keep us up. Solskaer for all his faults would I feel sure have taken us down again. Agree or disagree ?
Colourblind

DOWN WITH OLE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: DOWN WITH OLE

Postby Pant_yr_awel bluebird » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Colourblind wrote:Whatever his faults, it looks like Slade may keep us up. Solskaer for all his faults would I feel sure have taken us down again. Agree or disagree ?

Totaly agree.Malky would have kept us in the prem though.
Pant_yr_awel bluebird

Postby Pontypool_Bluebird » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 pm

Colourblind wrote:Whatever his faults, it looks like Slade may keep us up. Solskaer for all his faults would I feel sure have taken us down again. Agree or disagree ?

I don't think anyone can really know how we would have done under ole. However our fans want to boo every manager we have now so it looks like slade can deal with that aspect better than ole.
Pontypool_Bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:50 pm

I think Ole may have turned us around given more time.

Id take him back in a heart beat over Slade
2blue2handle

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:56 pm

I think you're colour blind mate.
MalagaCF

Postby nubbsy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Agree, ole had everything he needed at this club and ripped our spine out With inept naive managing
nubbsy

Postby KWest » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Ole would have got us to the play offs I reckon
KWest

Postby mugsy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Agree - the tinkerman was useless.
mugsy

Postby balkanblue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:02 pm

All hypothetical claptrap. Our manager now is Slade, what does it matter speculating on what Ole would have done? It doesn't.
balkanblue

Postby Colourblind » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 am

blueminati wrote:All hypothetical claptrap. Our manager now is Slade, what does it matter speculating on what Ole would have done? It doesn't.

I'll take that as a"disagree" then. At least someone thinks that Ole was doing a good job.
Colourblind

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Its Ole`s birthday today - In my opinion he is never a championship manager but living off his playing days reputation
NIBluebird

Postby Pontypool_Bluebird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

I think ole will make a good manager over here. It's just his inexperience cost him. His only downside was buying every possible player he could. I enjoyed the way he wanted to take on any team. Man City away last year, Everton, spurs etc. They were great, gave all those teams a scare by going for it. Maybe under malky we would have been more defensive and got points away there. But if oles philosophy is to go for it then u can't change that, as a manager you have to believe in your way of doing things especially if it's brought u success before. Like it did with molde for him.
Pontypool_Bluebird

Postby Sven » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Disagree strongly. I think Ole would have kept us up more easily than Slade with the squad he had and the big difference between the two is that Ole had huge expectations of where he should take Cardiff City this season, i.e. back into The Premier League, whilst Slade, in contrast, was brought in as a cheap option to streamline the squad and simply ensure 'survival' in The Championship

You cannot really compare the two men with what they have/had to work with, but Ole's record wasn't actually that bad this season and that has been highlighted by our recent run that has seen the City faithful 'chuffed' that we managed (on Tuesday) to pull ourselves 10 points clear of the relegation places under new man Slade!

As Cardiff City fans we should be tamping, but we're not...and that speaks volumes about how low Slade (and his unwanted side-kick Young) has taken us with his inept management style

A less apathetic Cardiff City support would have been climbing the walls by now in previous years, but the fact that we are not sadly speaks volumes for where we currently are under Slade

We can blame Malky, Ole, Tan, even us fans ourselves, but the simple fact is that the club have slid down the table since Young, Gabbidon and Slade were given the reins at our club and regardless of whether he was ordered to move certain players out or not, he (Slade) hasn't really "done the business", has he??

I think one win in over 10 games tells me everything I need to know and nowadays I sit in the stand harking back to the days when at least under Ole we 'had a go' at the opposition and scored our share of goals! ;) :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

KWest wrote:Ole would have got us to the play offs I reckon

Good one mate!
nubbsy

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

i5dt2.jpg
i5dt2.jpg (59.69 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Ponting3 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:12 pm

We will never know but when he was sacked Pearce at Forest was on top of the world and suddenly that all changed and it can work both ways. I would have liked ten more games where we could have seen plenty of Guerra, Ravel, Daehli, Bergstaller and he never had Noone fit and Manga joined at the end. If by then we still hadn't cracked it then fair enough but I keep having a nagging feeling it would have been great fun.

Ferguson did not put people in charge of Man Utd reserves if they are complete clowns and don't underestimate what he did at Molde Playing a very different style to other teams in that league. Malky does not look like a top manager at the moment and plenty of good ones get sacked every year. It's a tough gig. Do I think he would have taken us down? No chance.

I wish him well and just because he failed here and made mistakes does not mean he won't do a good job somewhere else.
Ponting3

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Ole will make it as a head coach, but never a manager.

Under a tighter rein we would be well pushing for auto's, but he had no idea what he was doing in the player acquisition area. But, as a tactical coach his adjustments through games showed a deep thinker.

Give him a decent sporting director and he will fly.....is he hungry enough though ?
llan bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 pm

blueminati wrote:All hypothetical claptrap. Our manager now is Slade, what does it matter speculating on what Ole would have done? It doesn't.

I agree let's concentrate on what we have now not what might of been :bluescarf:
gwentbluebirds

Postby Mel86 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:29 pm

We will finish marginally higher with Slade than ole. Both are useless.
Twitter @goldmel314159
Mel86

Postby Dve » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

You could perhaps draw an analogy to Norwegian Deila in Celtic. In the first months of his management up there, he received the exact same characteristics as you can read in this (an many other) threads: out of his depth, clueless, inept, naive, worst manager ever, etc etc.

Deila is not Solskjær, of course, but they share many of the same features; they are both young, promising and out of the same school, you could say, believing in the attacking game, both very focused on developing young players, both occurring as genuine and honest people, dealing with the media well and both very much liked by the players and general surroundings.

At Celtic, however, they decided to stay by their manager when the storm was at its worst and it took him only till November to dramatically turn things around. Now Celtic are playing an entertaining, fast attacking game and was even unlucky not to kick out Inter in the Europa cup this week. While the fans earlier this season already had written him off, they are now "all on the Deilabus", as they call it, or "Deilaholic", as some claims to be. They are even selling t-shirts now with his face on. To be honest, I think I´ve never witnessed such a come-back from any manager.

Again, I cannot claim that the same would have happened at Cardiff, but I for one is still sad that we never got to see the result of what Solskjær wanted for Cardiff. All made impossible by Tan, of course, who suddenly think of himself as an expect on football and qualified for advising his manager about team selection. The same Tan who not too long ago were criticizing Marshall for not scoring enough goals.

Sometimes you get what you deserve.
Dve

Return to General Chat