Favourite Quotes - 10 of the best

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby powysblue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 am

FILM, TV, ETC

My top 10 personal favorites (in reverse order)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES - (TV)

(Scene) – Del boy, Rodney and uncle Albert in hospital awaiting the arrival of Del and Raquel's baby.

(Del): I've done it, I've only bloody done it.
(Uncle Albert): Congratulations son.
(Rodney): What is it Del ?
(Del): It's a little baby Rodney.
(Rodney): No, I mean is it a boy or a girl ?

SUDDEN IMPACT- (FILM)

(Scene) - Dirty Harry stops off for a morning takeaway coffee in a diner, walks out but suspects a robbery is about to happen in the diner – walks back in the back door of the diner whilst robbery taking place with several robbers. Harry say's to leader of robbers “ we just can't let you walk out of here can we”? Robber say's “ We ? Whose we ? Harry say's “ Me and my colleagues, Smith and Western” pull's out his gun and shoots all but one (who is wounded and tries to take a hostage out of the front door holding a gun to her head) – Harry glares at the hostage taker/robber and as the police cars turn up, say's “ Go ahead, make my day”.

BOB MONKHOUSE (TV)

“ They used to laugh when I said I wanted to be a comedian, well they're not laughing now”.

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT (FILM)

(Scene) – Sheriff Buford T Justice and stupid sidekick son Junior chase the bandit (Burt Reynolds) in there police squad car – Sheriff gets so fed up with Junior's dullness and stupidity that he say's to him. “There's no way, no way, that you could come from my loin's. Soon as I get home, the first thing I'm Gonna do is punch your Mama in the Mouth”.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES (TV)

(Scene) – Boyce buys a new motor car and as usual likes to show off to Del Boy and Rodney.

(Del): “Ere Boyce, This car's a GTI. If you rearrange the letters, you've got yourself a personalised number plate”.

CROCODILE DUNDEE (FILM)

(Scene) – Mick Dundee arrives in New York Fresh from the Australian outback. His New York Girlfriend is showing him around one evening when a youth stops him and asks for a light for his cigarette, then pull's out a knife and asks for his wallet. Girlfriend says “ you had better give it to him, he has a knife” to which Mick Dundee reaches inside his jacket and pulls out a massive Bowie knife and says “ Call that a knife? This is a knife” - The robbers flea.

CARRY ON NURSE (FILM)

(Scene) – Doctor (Jim Dale) is listening to a girl patient's chest (Barbara Windsor) with his stethoscope.

(Doctor) – Big Breath's
(Patient) – Yes, and I'm only sixteen.

THE ITALIAN JOB (FILM)

(Scene) – Michael Caine as organiser of bank heist/robbery, asks fellow robber and explosives expert to carry out test on a van planned for the raid.

(Caine): Five, Four, Three, Two, One
Massive explosion – van completely explodes.
(Caine): “Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off”

DIRTY HARRY (FILM)

(Scene) – Cop “Dirty Harry” Callahan is eating his lunch at a diner when suddenly an alarm bell starts outside. Says “oh, shit” gets up and goes outside with gun in hand. Robber comes out of the bank and starts shooting – Harry fires back. Cool as you like Harry walks across the street to the bank steps where one of the wounded robbers is laying. As harry stands over him with gun pointed straight at robber, the robber moves his hands slowly towards his gun laying next to him on the pavement.

(Harry): “I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots or only five”?
(Harry): “well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself”
(Harry): “But being this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, You gotta ask yourself one question”?
(Harry): “Do ya feel lucky”?
Pause
(Harry): “Well do ya punk”?
Large pause
Harry bends down and picks up robbers gun and starts to walk away.
(Robber): Hey, I gotta know?
Harry turns slowly, walks over points his 44 magnum at robber – squeezes trigger – robber Gulp's – Harry fires – click, no bullet.
Harry laughs, turns and walks away
(Robber): “Son of a bitch”!!!

JAMES BOND – GOLDFINGER (FILM)

(Scene) – James Bond (Sean Connery) is captured by Auric Goldfinger (Gert Frobe). Laying strapped to a laser beam cutting table with legs splayed apart. Goldfinger starts the laser cutting light up the table between Bonds legs – Bond sweating and trying to break free as Goldfinger watches. The beam is almost at Bonds “Vital statistics” when he says.

(Bond): “Do you expect me to talk”?
(Goldfinger): No, Mr Bond, I expect you to Die”

There must be some real classics out there over the years.

Just lightening the load after a hell of a few weeks boys and girls. :wave:

Blooobirds Forever!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
powysblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Favourite Quotes - 10 of the best

Postby mr'mogreenz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:05 am

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk" by the legendary tuco from the good the bad and the ugly
mr'mogreenz

Postby mr'mogreenz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 am

" You want to know who you are? Huh? You want to know who's son you are? You don't, I do, everybody does... you're the son of a thousand fathers, all bastards like you."
Again by my favorite movie character of all time. Tuco from the film the good the bad and the ugly
mr'mogreenz

Postby Jumanji Jim » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Look around you. In the 7th cavalry, we've got a captain from the Ukraine; another from Puerto Rico. We've got Japanese, Chinese, Blacks, Hispanics, Cherokee Indians. Jews and Gentiles. All Americans. Now here in the states, some of you in this unit may have experienced discrimination because of race or creed. But for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the valley of the shadow of death, where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is, or by what name he calls God. They say we're leaving home. We're going to what home was always supposed to be. Now let us understand the situation. We are going into battle against a tough and determined enemy. I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.

Mel Gibson - We Were Soldiers.

Most stirring speech ever.
But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together
Jumanji Jim

Postby Gavin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:38 pm

George Jung, Blow, 2001

Life passes most people by while they’re making grand plans for it.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby lyndipops » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (106.73 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Dave jones after being 4-0 up at half time only to draw 4-4 vs peterbrough away.

Media Reporter - " Dave what now after that second half performance "

DJ - " We will have to dust ourselves down and go again "
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Gavin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Dave jones after being 4-0 up at half time only to draw 4-4 vs peterbrough away.

Media Reporter - " Dave what now after that second half performance "

DJ - " We will have to dust ourselves down and go again "

Loved that trip, went with dibs tours and had a Xmas party on the way back.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby Depressed Blue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

"The past is not dead, the past is all around us."

Deeeeep. Heard it recently and I can't remember or find who said it.
Depressed Blue

Postby Matt D » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Ajax, The Warriors - "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle..."
Matt D

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 am

The town

Doug MacRay: I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people.
James Coughlin: ...Whose car are we gonna' take?
bluebird04

Postby Denzil » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Denzil

Postby Lengee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:49 pm

:laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbup:
Lengee

Return to General Chat