Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My View/Opinion " SICKENING TONIGHT "

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:10 am

Best performance for a long time and surely Trollope's influence must have been a factor.
I think our final ball let us down; lots of ball into the box but most of it was poor.
Malone was much, much more effective and hopefully a sign of things to come.
Kennedy was very good but dead on his legs at the end.
Although Doyle wasn't that effective I thought the team lost something when he went off - he convinces me far more than Revell.
Noone neads more options in front of him when he picks up the ball and runs forward; he tries too hard to create on his own because there are no forward options.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 am

Was a massive shock when the equaliser came as I thought the boys could see the game out. The actual match was not dominated by any one team so can't agree City were robbed or anything like that. It's hard to win matches at this level if you are struggling to find moments of quality in your play! but the performance was much better :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 am

While it was an improvement on the last few games, I thought overall it was a disappointing match with neither team looking particularly good. I think Blackburn will be the happier of the sides, as they had played a tough cup tie 72 hours earlier, and were the away side. I said in a previous post that I hadn't seen enough of Doyle to judge him as a player, but wondered why nobody else was in competition with us to sign him. Still to early to judge him, but he was less than convincing last night.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:37 am

Enola Gay wrote:Best performance for a long time and surely Trollope's influence must have been a factor.
I think our final ball let us down; lots of ball into the box but most of it was poor.
Although Doyle wasn't that effective I thought the team lost something when he went off - he convinces me far more than Revell.
Noone neads more options in front of him when he picks up the ball and runs forward; he tries too hard to create on his own because there are no forward options.

That was a good performance and I really enjoyed the game as a whole. What the blackburm manager was saying it was a poor spectacle for after I don't know. Let him watch the replay of the Brighton game!! He'll commit hari kari. Thought Kennedy was excellent lovely feet and run a little bit like an on form Chris Burke. Thought Whitts was excellent and am so pleased for him after all the stick he has had in the papers. His passing and willingness to show for the ball showed a lot of courage in the form he has been in. Also Malone was great and linked play really well and looked a good attacking threat as was Morrision who seems to thrive against direct sides like Blackburn.

One negative for me was the subs. I would never have Jones and Revell on the same pitch as they are both target men and make the same runs and go for the same balls. I felt we caused pressure on ourselves after we scored as we didn't have anyone running behind like Doyle was. You could argue we scored after the sub but not as a result of the change. I would have swapped Jones for Revell as after missing the header either his head went down or he was buggered as he wasn't doing much for last 20. Or if replacing Doyle would have used the young Everton kid McIlleny as he is a striker or no 10 and has good feet and creative. I am not sure if he was on the bench and if not swap Doyle for Harris as his pace could get behind Blackburn.But not Revell and Jones.

However this was a much better performance and well done players, Slade and the new coach :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 am

This is a Blackburn side that hasn't won away since October ?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 am

Sickening yes - but not at all surprising.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:44 am

I think we're all getting carried away with last night's result. Only a season or two ago it would have been simply unacceptable and the slight improvement of last night (mainly in keeping the ball for a change) doesn't paper over the cracks!

I'm usually a positive City-ite, but these last few months have have disappointed me to the point I now 'expect' the poor entertainment we are being served!

Did Trollope make ANY difference last night? I'd like to think so, but there is still a long way to go and it will take a managerial change to implement that IMHO

Sorry for the negativity (Kennedy was the one big 'positive' for me) but this season is now a battle against relegation and I didn't think that would be the case when we kicked off in August! :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:This is a Blackburn side that hasn't won away since October ?

That is my worry,that we are not getting carried away.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Enola Gay wrote:Best performance for a long time and surely Trollope's influence must have been a factor.

Yes plenty of work still needed.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Not difficult to improve on recent performances. Last night instead of being crap we were mediocre. A home point against a side that were average at best is nothing to get excited about. It shows how bad we have become when fans can be satisfied with what they saw yesterday. The law of averages mean we should be able to play ok once in about ten games, so we were well overdue a bit better than the usual performance last night. Lets see what happens over the next couple of games because I still can't see us finishing any higher than where we are now based on what I saw last night.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:17 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Sickening yes - but not at all surprising.

True,but to be fair,we finally deserved a win last night.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm

We were a lot better but still didn't create enough, IMO a draw was a fair reflection, they had a few cleared of the line.

A big improvement though, we are just are still weak in front of goal, and Noones defending for their goal :evil: what can I say :roll:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 pm

langley wrote:Gutted, we deserved to win. Much better play,. However, our support is showing its true colours, rubbish. Big club, got to be joking.

correct, we are not a big club, and anyone thinking we are a derby or forest is a fool. we have acquired a substantial fair weather section of fans over the past few years of comparative success, and we need good football and results to retain them.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:15 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
langley wrote:Gutted, we deserved to win. Much better play,. However, our support is showing its true colours, rubbish. Big club, got to be joking.

correct, we are not a big club, and anyone thinking we are a derby or forest is a fool. we have acquired a substantial fair weather section of fans over the past few years of comparative success, and we need good football and results to retain them.

Some of those fans could have been retained if the club hadn't been embroiled in the red/BLUE battle. Such a pity and an opportunity missed in my view. The club did capture the imagination of a new generation during the lead up to promotion and the year itself at the top division but since the drop, the atmosphere hasn't been positive so they've fallen away, partly because of this.

The city is big enough to warrant a big club. It's just getting the ethos, identity and hwyl right. :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Sickening yes - but not at all surprising.

True,but to be fair,we finally deserved a win last night.

We did but you always feel a late goal is coming against us.
Slade should have tied the game down. It's not difficult.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Kenwyne Jones only plays well when we are rubbish.

When we are actually performing he is no where to be seen.

I actually thought we were really good last night. That was organised team that I would be confident going into games with. Just a shame once again the wings were our only threat. Continuous crosses. Just shows a lack of confidence from the two planks of wood in midfield. If only we had Daelhi.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 pm

But then I blame slade for picking them when they are off form. He hasnt given them a break and it shows.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:

Some of those fans could have been retained if the club hadn't been embroiled in the red/BLUE battle. Such a pity and an opportunity missed in my view. The club did capture the imagination of a new generation during the lead up to promotion and the year itself at the top division but since the drop, the atmosphere hasn't been positive so they've fallen away, partly because of this.

The city is big enough to warrant a big club. It's just getting the ethos, identity and hwyl right. :bluescarf:

You are 100% right. The red/blue battle has caused untold damage from which we will never recover.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Sven wrote:I think we're all getting carried away with last night's result. Only a season or two ago it would have been simply unacceptable and the slight improvement of last night (mainly in keeping the ball for a change) doesn't paper over the cracks!

I'm usually a positive City-ite, but these last few months have have disappointed me to the point I now 'expect' the poor entertainment we are being served!

Did Trollope make ANY difference last night? I'd like to think so, but there is still a long way to go and it will take a managerial change to implement that IMHO

Sorry for the negativity (Kennedy was the one big 'positive' for me) but this season is now a battle against relegation and I didn't think that would be the case when we kicked off in August! :cry: :cry:

Chris, it's because the football has been so dire under Slade,plus Slade never manages to get the players to play more than 45 minutes,we all feel so great full :lol:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Not difficult to improve on recent performances. Last night instead of being crap we were mediocre. A home point against a side that were average at best is nothing to get excited about. It shows how bad we have become when fans can be satisfied with what they saw yesterday. The law of averages mean we should be able to play ok once in about ten games, so we were well overdue a bit better than the usual performance last night. Lets see what happens over the next couple of games because I still can't see us finishing any higher than where we are now based on what I saw last night.

Steve virtually what I've just said to Sven(Chris) :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Bluebina wrote:We were a lot better but still didn't create enough, IMO a draw was a fair reflection, they had a few cleared of the line.

A big improvement though, we are just are still weak in front of goal, and Noones defending for their goal :evil: what can I say :roll:

We def now have to start creating more in front of the opposition's goal :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:12 pm

I thought the big difference was the presence of Trollope. He was animated and controlling the players from the sidelines while Slade stood and watched with his arms folded, as usual.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Bobbank59 wrote:I thought the big difference was the presence of Trollope. He was animated and controlling the players from the sidelines while Slade stood and watched with his arms folded, as usual.

You might be spot on :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Good performance, enjoyed the game, and we were unlucky not to win. Although the crowd was poor, that original photo was obviously taken a while before kick off.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Good performance, enjoyed the game, and we were unlucky not to win. Although the crowd was poor, that original photo was obviously taken a while before kick off.

Totally agree with you on everything,I never took the photo though and yes the crowd was poor.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Not difficult to improve on recent performances. Last night instead of being crap we were mediocre. A home point against a side that were average at best is nothing to get excited about. It shows how bad we have become when fans can be satisfied with what they saw yesterday. The law of averages mean we should be able to play ok once in about ten games, so we were well overdue a bit better than the usual performance last night. Lets see what happens over the next couple of games because I still can't see us finishing any higher than where we are now based on what I saw last night.

An average side that beat an average full strength premier team in Stoke 3-0! :o
Why is it when we do something good our fans say it's always against a poor side? Why not say its against a good side: laughing5:

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

An average side that beat an average full strength premier team in Stoke 3-0! :o
Why is it when we do something good our fans say it's always against a poor side? Why not say its against a good side: laughing5:

I remember us beating a full strength Leeds Utd team in the same competition. We were still an average lower league side. You see cup shocks every round, it is your league position that is a true reflection on how you have performed for most of the season. When did Blackburn last win an away game? Are Bradford anything more than an average side?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan as you know the FA CUP is totally different. Blackburn had not won away since Oct and still have not won away.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:34 am

Blackburn - won 11, drawn 10, lost 10. One win less and it would be impossible to be any more average than that.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:40 am

markeMark wrote:Blackburn - won 11, drawn 10, lost 10. One win less and it would be impossible to be any more average than that.

:thumbright: