Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My View/Opinion " SICKENING TONIGHT "

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Gutted we def deserved all 3 points tonight, good to see our team is progressing though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mason for the first time, I actually feel for Slade, but I never lost my bet, thankfully I bet a draw as well :thumbright:

Good to hear Annis :thumbright: see you tomorrow :ayatollah:

I am chuffed we have improved Mason , See you tomorrow :thumbright:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm

bluebirdrobert wrote:I'm trying to be positive here..

I thought we would get beat tonight.

I would have taken a draw, but gutted we never held out for the win.

We were he better team.

Impressed by Kennedy who is a 20 year old one for the future, so thay say???

We were def the better team and Kennedy stood out :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Double G wrote:Anyone else disappointed in Gestede celebrating ? Thought he may have respected the fans a bit more

Hmmmm City treated him?

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:06 pm

cant believe no ones mentioning morrison imo he had an outstanding game really put his body on the line won nearly everything at the back kennedy was a class act too i had morrison man of the match with kennedy close second

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:07 pm

1922 wrote:I hate football! :shock:

Must been the best game I've seen for a long time, definitely the best under Slade. :ayatollah:

Such a shame we lost that goal in the end. We were better side and we deserved to win. Exiting game.

Player of the match - Kennedy, but whole team deserves applause. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well, maybe apart from Doyle, who was just not good enough... :old:

In the second half Nooney lost his touch again... Seems like different player lately, but I hope he will bounce back. :thumbup:

OK, now we need to win in Huddersfield. :twisted:

Bart tonight I honestly feel for Slade,we did not deserve to lose :cry:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
the blue path wrote:Totally agree Annie we deserved to win much much better and Kennedy MOTM

Impressed with Kennedy tonight :thumbright:

Oh by the way it's Annis :lol:
sorry an is clumsy fingers typing after a few pints lol

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 pm

castleblue wrote:Unlucky tonight and overall probably the best performance from the team under Slade and but for a slip by Noone when it looked like he would clear the ball we would have had 3 points.

But we still needed the Whitts set piece to score so still a lot of work to do on opening up teams in an open play situation. But light years ahead of the rubbish served up against Brighton.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Totally agree with the above. Just like to add top performances from Kennedy whitts malone and gunnar. Also thought all back 4 were decent only negative performance was kenwyn later . Doyle 2nd half and noones end product.
But 100% better than what we've been seeing lately :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:24 pm

dalefo wrote:cant believe no ones mentioning morrison imo he had an outstanding game really put his body on the line won nearly everything at the back kennedy was a class act too i had morrison man of the match with kennedy close second

Morrison was excellent tonight. Good battle with 50p head and Manga v King was good too.
Our centre half a came out on top.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Gutted we def deserved all 3 points tonight, good to see our team is progressing though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mason for the first time, I actually feel for Slade, but I never lost my bet, thankfully I bet a draw as well :thumbright:

Annis, I talked to dad after arriving home from Australia and dad said that you told him last Tuesday that you think I like Slade, as I stick up for him on this forum. I wouldn't go as far as saying I like Slade, but what I will say is I believe Slade deserves his chance in the Championship for the fantastic job he did at Leyton Orient.

I have felt sorry for Slade from day 1, Juan Cala's comment showed Tan was initially making decisions about certain players like Daehli and Guerra not being played. With Tan making cut backs selling all our best players and Slade being given what I felt was a near impossible task of bringing in replacements on the cheap, I thought most of our fans were being very unrealistic in their demands and unfortunately, Slade was the person as our manager taking all the stick.

I haven't seen our past few games, but my main worry since Slade took over has been the possession stats. Having 30-35% possession in games for a team still including some of our key players who won this division by 8 points is nowhere near good enough and lately, even I was beginning to lose faith with Slade. I don't agree with Slade's persistence with 4-4-2 when we get overrun and I don't agree with some of his selections, but now the January window has closed and Slade has brought in his own players, I like to think Slade now has total control over his team selections.

We are unbeaten in our last 3 games and we have only conceded 2 goals. Those stats make us look a more organised team that's beginning to become harder to beat. Everyone seems to think tonight's performance was an improvement and we were unlucky not to win, so hopefully we are moving in the right direction and can pick up a much needed win. Slade's signings have all been given a few weeks to gel into the squad, so I think this point onwards is now a fair time to judge Slade.

Ross, I did say that, but I understand where your coming from, but let's hope fans like myself are wrong about Slade being clueless. Hopefully tonight shows there is light at the end of this dark horrible tunnel :thumbright:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Annis your headline was the exact feeling I had when Gestede equalised, sickening.

We deserved the win tonight, plain and simple.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Best I have seen the city this season, Kennedy was a breath of fresh air and his decision making and ball retention something we have been lacking. All played well but thought Malone and manga stood out. My only cristisism was the final ball or just beating the last man, nooneys final ball was terrible. As for those who constantly go on about stay away fans, ccs is a Much better place without them. Non toxic, everybody behind the team just as I expected. Well done bluebirds :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Good to see nearly 90mins of City playing quite well under Slade,first time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:40 pm

BlueView wrote:Certainly one of the best performances for a long while, we did deserve all the points. How much of it was down to Trollope and his experience of the Championship, AKA attacking football.

Def deserved 3pts tonight.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:42 pm

RageJon wrote:I felt the game went well blackburn conning off a big win... we deserved the points :)
I feel positive about the game tonight and do feel we need to give slade a couple more games now as Kennedy wooooo great player and take my hat off to slade for signing him

We showed tonight that we can be better than teams like Blackburn, let's show we can progress from this :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm

Much, much better tonight and unlucky not to come away with the 3 points against a decent Blackburn side coming off a big win. Thought Malone had his best game for us and it was between him and Kennedy for MOTM also thought Whitts had his best game for ages and our tempo and passing was much quicker tomight.

After the Brighton debacle I expected to lose so I see it has a point gained but the 90th minute equaliser was sickening :twisted:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Much, much better tonight and unlucky not to come away with the 3 points against a decent Blackburn side coming off a big win. Thought Malone had his best game for us and it was between him and Kennedy for MOTM also thought Whitts had his best game for ages and our tempo and passing was much quicker tomight.

After the Brighton debacle I expected to lose so I see it has a point gained but the 90th minute equaliser was sickening :twisted:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Not long got home. Played well tonight. Whatever the actual crowd was, we all got behing the team. Much more positive all round. Disappointing to concede so late, but that's football. Onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:00 am

pezza4646 wrote:Best game so far under Slade, we passed, kept hold of the ball and made a few chances.
1st half we had a good 25-30 mins of decent ball play, started 2nd half well Blackburn came back into it... We were defending deeper & deeper, we then scored !!!!...Blackburn then started launching the ball in, we got caught with a quick cross Marshall made good reflex save, but NO one followed up they scored.
I also believe that WHITTINGHAM got stuck in made a tackle, there one for the Stats
Good point but feels like a defeat...play like that for the next few games will OZnLY encourage the team

Marshall didn't save it at the end, Malone blocked it with his nuts (hence why he went off) and the rebound was sliced by Noone straight to Gestede... Could say yet another Rudy goal from a Noone assist ;)

Considering I went into the game fearing the worst and hoping we wouldn't concede too many I'm ecstatic at getting a point, even though we deserved more!

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
the blue path wrote:Totally agree Annie we deserved to win much much better and Kennedy MOTM

Football is cruel at times. It just had to be Gestede!!

Encouraging performance though. Slade to be fair deserves a lot of credit for the way the team went about business.

By the way, I can lend you a curly red wig if you like. :lol:

Things are looking up. In fact, The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.... :happy1:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:

If he does it again Annis - 'Get yer gun'.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:A step in the right direction that's all i can say. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I agree,now long may it continue :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 am

englishbluebird wrote:Much better and agree ,sickening we should have won
positives- 1)passed the ball better,much more entertaining
2) peter whittingham had his best game for a long time
3)matty kennedy looks a very good young player
4) Malone had a good game at left back

we can beat Huddersfield on saturday :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Plus Craig Noone had his best game this season :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:41 am

Lawnmower wrote:Plenty of fight tonight as well.

Credit to Gunnar, that goal line clearance was awesome and he Gav absolutely everything.

Malone also had an excellent game.

Back to a simple 442 and looking far more solid because of it. Suits Whitts and Gunnar much more than that feckin awful diamond.
When things go badly make it simple.

Tim, City fans don't realise Gunnarson always gives 100% :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:42 am

castleblue wrote:Unlucky tonight and overall probably the best performance from the team under Slade and but for a slip by Noone when it looked like he would clear the ball we would have had 3 points.

But we still needed the Whitts set piece to score so still a lot of work to do on opening up teams in an open play situation. But light years ahead of the rubbish served up against Brighton.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary,I agree,the best performance under Slade so far,but a lot of work still to do :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:43 am

pezza4646 wrote:Best game so far under Slade, we passed, kept hold of the ball and made a few chances.
1st half we had a good 25-30 mins of decent ball play, started 2nd half well Blackburn came back into it... We were defending deeper & deeper, we then scored !!!!...Blackburn then started launching the ball in, we got caught with a quick cross Marshall made good reflex save, but NO one followed up they scored.
I also believe that WHITTINGHAM got stuck in made a tackle, there one for the Stats
Good point but feels like a defeat...play like that for the next few games will OZnLY encourage the team

Def felt like a defeat when Gestede scored,ruined what looked like a deserved win.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:44 am

the blue path wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

sorry an is clumsy fingers typing after a few pints lol

:lol: :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 am

carlccfc wrote:Annis your headline was the exact feeling I had when Gestede equalised, sickening.

We deserved the win tonight, plain and simple.

Carl, gutted when Gestede equalised it felt like we had lost.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:47 am

blueheaven wrote:Much, much better tonight and unlucky not to come away with the 3 points against a decent Blackburn side coming off a big win. Thought Malone had his best game for us and it was between him and Kennedy for MOTM also thought Whitts had his best game for ages and our tempo and passing was much quicker tomight.

Malone did well tonight,I thought for once at here was a team performance :thumbright:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:48 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Not long got home. Played well tonight. Whatever the actual crowd was, we all got behing the team. Much more positive all round. Disappointing to concede so late, but that's football. Onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

City fans should always get behind their team whilst the game is on :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:49 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Football is cruel at times. It just had to be Gestede!!

Encouraging performance though. Slade to be fair deserves a lot of credit for the way the team went about business.

By the way, I can lend you a curly red wig if you like. :lol:

Things are looking up. In fact, The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.... :happy1:

John, football can be very cruel. But now Slade has to get this performance to continue,not be a one off :thumbright: :thumbright: