Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My View/Opinion " SICKENING TONIGHT "

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

My View/Opinion
' SICKENING ' We deserved a win and I feel tonight for Slade. But now it's 1 win in our last 12 league games :shock: :shock:

Cardiff City 1 Blackburn 1

Crowd 19,057 But really the actual attendance less than 12,500

To be fair to Russell Slade we deserved a win tonight and I feel for him.

Marshall, Peltier, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Malone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Kennedy, Jones, Doyle
Subs Connolly, Adeyemi, Ralls, O’Keefe, Revell, Moore,Harris.

EMPTIEST STADIUM EVER SEEN FOR A LEAGUE GAME AT THE NEW STADIUM

Cardiff City went in to this game having only won 1 of their last 11 League games and with many fans calling for manager Russell Slades head. Blackburn arrived just 6pts ahead of Cardiff City and had failed to win an away game in any of their last 8 League games.
This game was always going to be a bit special for some players as Cardiff City old boys Craig Conway and Rudy Gestede had a few points to prove over their old club.

Cardiff started well with Craig Noone running at Blackburn and looking good

For the first 30 minutes CARDIFF looked the better team even though both teams cleared off the line, Noone looked so far the best he has been all season Kennedy looked Blackburn's best player.

I have to say a great improvement in the first 45mins, finally passing it and had a lot of possession for once

0-0 half time and both sides had had one decent shot on target,so a fair score line.

Second half we started lively again

So far Conway not done a lot or even Gestede, a bit surprised.

Kenwyne Jones winning all the flick ons and headers

Kennedy continually caused problems for Blackburn

City at this stage looked like scoring

But Blackburn good on the counter attack .

Slade put Alex Revell to replaces Eoin Doyle.

Doyle did not do much tonight, quite poor.

Blackburn started to come in to the game, but Morrison scored for CARDIFF in the 84th to give CARDIFF the lead which we deserved 1 nil

RUDY GESTEDE GETS HIS REWARD and scores .

FINAL SCORE 1-1 We deserved a win :cry:

My man of the match Matthew Kennedy :thumbright:

Next up Huddersfield away on Sat :thumbright:

BLOODY HELL :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My View/Opinion " SICKENING TONIGHT "

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Gutted we def deserved all 3 points tonight, good to see our team is progressing though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Totally agree Annie we deserved to win much much better and Kennedy MOTM

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Gutted we def deserved all 3 points tonight, good to see our team is progressing though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mason for the first time, I actually feel for Slade, but I never lost my bet, thankfully I bet a draw as well :thumbright:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Gutted, we deserved to win. Much better play,. However, our support is showing its true colours, rubbish. Big club, got to be joking.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Gutted we def deserved all 3 points tonight, good to see our team is progressing though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mason for the first time, I actually feel for Slade, but I never lost my bet, thankfully I bet a draw as well :thumbright:

Good to hear Annis :thumbright: see you tomorrow :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:02 pm

I think tonight confirmed it doesn't matter if we play in red blue or white the fans don't care anymore...11k tops in that stadium tonight. Sell Out week after week in the premiership playing in RED.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm trying to be positive here..

I thought we would get beat tonight.

I would have taken a draw, but gutted we never held out for the win.

We were he better team.

Impressed by Kennedy who is a 20 year old one for the future, so thay say???

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Anyone else disappointed in Gestede celebrating ? Thought he may have respected the fans a bit more

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Double G wrote:Anyone else disappointed in Gestede celebrating ? Thought he may have respected the fans a bit more

he couldnt beleive the bad defending

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Double G wrote:Anyone else disappointed in Gestede celebrating ? Thought he may have respected the fans a bit more

Half the fans never rated him whilst he was here. He owes us nothing.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Why would he?
I can remember all the shit he used to get and he was shown the door.
Treated badly in my opinion so he has every right to celebrate scoring for a team that appreciates him

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 pm

quick enough appluading our fans after a good reception tonight and did ayatollah 1st half

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 pm

I hate football! :shock:

Must been the best game I've seen for a long time, definitely the best under Slade. :ayatollah:

Such a shame we lost that goal in the end. We were better side and we deserved to win. Exiting game.

Player of the match - Kennedy, but whole team deserves applause. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well, maybe apart from Doyle, who was just not good enough... :old:

In the second half Nooney lost his touch again... Seems like different player lately, but I hope he will bounce back. :thumbup:

OK, now we need to win in Huddersfield. :twisted:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Ain't got a problem with anyone celebrating a goal all this players not celebrating against former clubs is bollocks

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

First home game missed all year and it looks like we played well for a change !

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Raymond Boombox wrote:I think tonight confirmed it doesn't matter if we play in red blue or white the fans don't care anymore...11k tops in that stadium tonight. Sell Out week after week in the premiership playing in RED.

If we were top of the championship in red that would have been 25k+ and more. Colour was more about pride and tradition and a "how dare u" to tan....and rightly so. But only very few stayed away because if colour. What drives people away is shit football, shit manager, shit tactics, no effort, rotten club and crackpot owner.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

the blue path wrote:Totally agree Annie we deserved to win much much better and Kennedy MOTM

Impressed with Kennedy tonight :thumbright:

Oh by the way it's Annis :lol:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I talked to dad after arriving home from Australia and dad said that you told him last Tuesday that you think I like Slade, as I stick up for him on this forum. I wouldn't go as far as saying I like Slade, but what I will say is I believe Slade deserves his chance in the Championship for the fantastic job he did at Leyton Orient.

I have felt sorry for Slade from day 1, Juan Cala's comment showed Tan was initially making decisions about certain players like Daehli and Guerra not being played. With Tan making cut backs selling all our best players and Slade being given what I felt was a near impossible task of bringing in replacements on the cheap, I thought most of our fans were being very unrealistic in their demands and unfortunately, Slade was the person as our manager taking all the stick.

I haven't seen our past few games, but my main worry since Slade took over has been the possession stats. Having 30-35% possession in games for a team still including some of our key players who won this division by 8 points is nowhere near good enough and lately, even I was beginning to lose faith with Slade. I don't agree with Slade's persistence with 4-4-2 when we get overrun and I don't agree with some of his selections, but now the January window has closed and Slade has brought in his own players, I like to think Slade now has total control over his team selections.

We are unbeaten in our last 3 games and we have only conceded 2 goals. Those stats make us look a more organised team that's beginning to become harder to beat. Everyone seems to think tonight's performance was an improvement and we were unlucky not to win, so hopefully we are moving in the right direction and can pick up a much needed win. Slade's signings have all been given a few weeks to gel into the squad, so I think this point onwards is now a fair time to judge Slade.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Best I have seen the city this season, Kennedy was a breath of fresh air and his decision making and ball retention something we have been lacking. All played well but thought Malone and manga stood out. My only cristisism was the final ball or just beating the last man, nooneys final ball was terrible. As for those who constantly go on about stay away fans, ccs is a Much better place without them. Non toxic, everybody behind the team just as I expected. Well done bluebirds :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Certainly one of the best performances for a long while, we did deserve all the points. How much of it was down to Trollope and his experience of the Championship, AKA attacking football.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I felt the game went well blackburn conning off a big win... we deserved the points :)
I feel positive about the game tonight and do feel we need to give slade a couple more games now as Kennedy wooooo great player and take my hat off to slade for signing him

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:36 pm

I felt the game went well blackburn conning off a big win... we deserved the points :)
I feel positive about the game tonight and do feel we need to give slade a couple more games now as Kennedy wooooo great player and take my hat off to slade for signing him

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Noone shocking but Kennedy outstanding

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:40 pm

A step in the right direction that's all i can say. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Much better and agree ,sickening we should have won
positives- 1)passed the ball better,much more entertaining
2) peter whittingham had his best game for a long time
3)matty kennedy looks a very good young player
4) Malone had a good game at left back

we can beat Huddersfield on saturday :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Plenty of fight tonight as well.

Credit to Gunnar, that goal line clearance was awesome and he Gav absolutely everything.

Malone also had an excellent game.

Back to a simple 442 and looking far more solid because of it. Suits Whitts and Gunnar much more than that feckin awful diamond.
When things go badly make it simple.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Much better and agree ,sickening we should have won
positives- 1)passed the ball better,much more entertaining
2) peter whittingham had his best game for a long time
3)matty kennedy looks a very good young player
4) Malone had a good game at left back

we can beat Huddersfield on saturday :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Totally agree and definitely a step in the right direction, what we must do is keep taking them steps forward. :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Unlucky tonight and overall probably the best performance from the team under Slade and but for a slip by Noone when it looked like he would clear the ball we would have had 3 points.

But we still needed the Whitts set piece to score so still a lot of work to do on opening up teams in an open play situation. But light years ahead of the rubbish served up against Brighton.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Best game so far under Slade, we passed, kept hold of the ball and made a few chances.
1st half we had a good 25-30 mins of decent ball play, started 2nd half well Blackburn came back into it... We were defending deeper & deeper, we then scored !!!!...Blackburn then started launching the ball in, we got caught with a quick cross Marshall made good reflex save, but NO one followed up they scored.
I also believe that WHITTINGHAM got stuck in made a tackle, there one for the Stats
Good point but feels like a defeat...play like that for the next few games will OZnLY encourage the team