Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCENT TAN TO FINALLY WATCH CARDIFF CITY '

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 pm

' VINCENT TAN TO FINALLY WATCH CARDIFF CITY '

I was told tonight that Vincent Tan is now expected to come and watch Cardiff play at home Wolves on Saturday 28th February.

Vincent Tan has not watched the club he owns since the Chelsea home game which was the final game of last season on Sunday 11th May 2014.

What kind of reception will he get?

If we have not improved on the pitch could that be Russell Slades last game?

Also was told Tan wants more players put out on loan ASAP.

Re: ' VINCENT TAN TO WATCH CARDIFF CITY '

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:06 pm

good on him, mixed reception but he certainly deserves some respect for going back on something that means so much to him. look to the future not the past

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:15 pm

CCFC_Sam wrote:good on him, mixed reception but he certainly deserves some respect for going back on something that means so much to him. look to the future not the past

Why does he deserve respect ? For letting us play in our traditional colours? , he gets no respect from me I wont boo him or applaud him wont acknowledge that he's even there. The rebrand should never have been done in the 1st place :!:

Re: ' VINCENT TAN TO FINALLY WATCH CARDIFF CITY '

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Some will boo, some will clap, I'll do nothing.

Just do an interview with someone and tell us your plans. I am quite happy with its a 3 year
1- consolidate
2- Improve considerably
3- promotion

but we will do it sensibly........

If an offer come in for the club, I'll consider it.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Respect my arse he will get exactly what he deserves,a half empty stadium.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:25 pm

I think he has given Slade a month to show improvement
The match against Wolves will be the end of the month
And could be Slades last match in charge
I f*cking hope so
Despite his signings I still don't think he is good enough for the championship

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 pm

He's been expected to turn up for the last few games, plastic f**k

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:29 pm

darran1927 wrote:
CCFC_Sam wrote:good on him, mixed reception but he certainly deserves some respect for going back on something that means so much to him. look to the future not the past

Why does he deserve respect ? For letting us play in our traditional colours? , he gets no respect from me I wont boo him or applaud him wont acknowledge that he's even there. The rebrand should never have been done in the 1st place :!:

im not saying give him a heroes welcome, i just think it takes a big man to go back on something that means so much. like you, i dont plan to boo or applaud him and thats what i mean by respect. i think that it will always be our a part of our past but we wont achieve anything through hard feelings and we need to start focusing on the pitch. To me, the best way would be to treat him as if it never happened and just ignore his presence.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:36 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:He's been expected to turn up for the last few games, plastic f**k

We should chant "you're just a premier league plastic" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 pm

chant should be DOES YOUR MOTHER KNOW YOUR HERE :D

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:42 pm

papa wrote:chant should be DOES YOUR MOTHER KNOW YOUR HERE :D

:thumbup:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:33 am

In a nutshell, the above posts show the divide in the club. I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt short-term, but he needs to show intent by sorting out management if there is no improvement this month.

Instinct tells me he will fire Slade if things aren't put right by then. If he does it'll be four managers in less than 2 years.

Polite clapping or respectful silence are the only 2 I'm interested in. Otherwise it shows the club in a bad light in my opinion.

It is the first time Tan will have seen the fans since the return to BLUE. If there is no benefit to him in terms of backing from fans, he might as well change back to red. Just show him what he's been missing. :bluescarf:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:21 am

darran1927 wrote:

Darren, the thing is that the rebrand did happen but (eventually and for whatever reason) Tan relented and turned us back to blue. He could/might have stuck to his guns out of stubbornness, but he didn't. He saw a bigger picture and he moved on...

About time Cardiff City fans did the same and at least try to go down the conciliatory route, otherwise we end up in a perpetual circle of tit-for-tat where eventually the only loser is the club itself!

Respect is a big word and I haven't seen too much respect being shown towards him either, despite the return to blue, but just imagine where we could go IF we had an 'on-side' Tan onboard rather than a man who feels he is getting nothing in return for his (to date) massive investments

Just an alternate thought to the "Feck him" tone of some ;) :thumbup:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 am

Sven very well put together post, totally agree.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:45 am

I wouldn't applaud or boo. As far as I'm concerned it's just another seat being sat on in the ground. :bluescarf:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:52 pm

I wonder if that Malaysian flag will make its way back to the Ninian Stand again like it did for the 1st game we went back to blue :shock:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:56 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:I wonder if that Malaysian flag will make its way back to the Ninian Stand again like it did for the 1st game we went back to blue :shock:

I hope so,let's make him feel welcome,after all that was a major u turn and I think we're all relieved that part of our history is over.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

JAWS wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:I wonder if that Malaysian flag will make its way back to the Ninian Stand again like it did for the 1st game we went back to blue :shock:

I hope so,let's make him feel welcome,after all that was a major u turn and I think we're all relieved that part of our history is over.

Fair point but I think that if he starts to wear his blue shirt and wears a blue scarf like Dalman did then I may respect him a little more :thumbup:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:07 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:
JAWS wrote:

Fair point but I think that if he starts to wear his blue shirt and wears a blue scarf like Dalman did then I may respect him a little more :thumbup:

I guarantee if he turns up for a game he'll have a blue shirt on :lol:
We've all had a bellyful of the rebrand, it's time to move on and build bridges, and not just with Tan but fans who've fallen out with each other need to reassess the situation.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 pm

JAWS wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:
JAWS wrote:

I guarantee if he turns up for a game he'll have a blue shirt on :lol:
We've all had a bellyful of the rebrand, it's time to move on and build bridges, and not just with Tan but fans who've fallen out with each other need to reassess the situation.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:06 pm

great post sven :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:great post sven :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

An honest and considered one, as usual, Steve ;) :thumbup:

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

CARDIFF CITY OFFICIALS SAY HE IS EXPECTED

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Why would we need to applaud? Is he being paraded on the pitch? I hope not!!!

Why also would I boo a man who deserves EQUAL credit for getting us promoted, Righted a wrong that he created ( which probably took a hell of a lot to do) Is cost cutting our club to try and make it self sufficiant/ Attractive.

Yes he gives dodgy interviews, says rediculous things, makes bad decisions and yes, he does come accross like a bit of a tool.
But remember, he wasnt born or brought up in Neath, Bridgend, Merthyr, or Llandaff. He has a completely different outlook on everything ! his culture is completely different to anyones on here.

I neither applauded or Booed Malky yesterday

And i will neither applaud or boo Tan on saturday

They have both let me down equally.

The difference being, Tan is still here and is the owner of OUR football club.

Malky for whatever reason, will never be a part of this club again!

Unity is what we need ladies and gentlemen

The past has gone, time to move forward together.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155427 :thumbright: