Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION OF TODAY/PLUS MAJOR QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:47 pm

" MY VIEW/OPINION OF TODAY/PLUS MAJOR QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED? '

" DIFFERENT COLOUR/BUT SAME OLD STORY "

Cardiff City 0 Derby County 2
Crowd 22,287 incl approx 2,000 Derby fans

Cardiff City Team : Moore, Peltier, Malone, Morrison, Connolly, Whittingham, O’Keefe, Gunnarsson, Noone, Harris, Revell.
subs: Fabio, Manga, Jones, Macheda, Adeyemi, Ralls, Wilson.

First may I ask where were all the missing fans who said they would return if we were Blue again?
Real crowd today about 17,500 incl 2,000 Derby fans :shock:

2nd may I ask Why not start with our Top scorer Kenwyne Jones and one of our best International players Manga? :shock:

3rd question,Can we really be relegated? Only 7pts from relegation and now only 2 wins from our last 11 games :shock:

4th question,Will You be renewing your season ticket?

5th question Should Russell Slade be Sacked?

This today was an improvement on possession and passing :thumbright: but the end product was not there,in front of goal?

Cardiff went in to this game after only winning 1 game from their last 9 games,whilst Derby had won 5 of their previous 6 games,so this was def going to be a tough game for the Bluebirds.

Both teams came out and it looked for the first 9 minutes that this was going to be an end to end game,but guess what as the game went on the more you could see that Cardiff were never going to even really get going :cry:

In the 9th minute Cardiff keeper Moore made a penalty save :thumbright: which for me was dubious in the first place,but this should of inspired the Cardiff team,yet we just sat back and let Derby dictate the game :shock:

In the 21st minute City were 1 nil down, looked like a deflection own goal by Malone?

City still sat back and it took us to the 32nd minute of the game to actually have a proper shot on goal by Revell :shock:

Just before half time Derby made it 2 nil and the game was already won :cry:

Second half Derby just cruised and City never really threatened them until Kenwyne Jones came on in the 62nd min and by the 63rd minute Jones had a header tipped over the Derby cross bar :thumbright:

The game just seemed to drag on and on and the City fans were leaving in their hundreds by the 80th minute.

Derby without playing well,won this game 2-0 and never had to sweat :cry:

DONT MAKE ANY MISTAKE,WE ARE IN A RELEGATION BATTLE.

My man of the match Stuart O'Keefe on his debut :thumbright:

" DONT FORGET SEASON TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY MORNING " But I just hope we are not paying Top prices for Division 3 football next season :o :o

Next up,a tricky trip to Sheffield Wednesday :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION OF TODAY/PLUS MAJOR QUESTIONS TO BE ASKE

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Any more questions Annis, just ask the panel (sent to me by a so-called "friend" today).

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Slade out!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Any more questions Annis, just ask the panel (sent to me by a so-called "friend" today).

:shock:
Pm me later John :thumbright:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:57 pm

Q3 yes we can but don't think we will, Q4 yes I will, Q5 yes if tan as finished the cull of players Slade can go as new manager will know what he as to play with, and can't be worse surely? Other questions have to ask Slade reasons :thumbup:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Slade out!

Rydo, For me 100% he has to go now as he actually could relegate us :shock:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" MY VIEW/OPINION OF TODAY/PLUS MAJOR QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED? '

Cardiff City Team : Moore, Peltier, Malone, Morrison, Connolly, Whittingham, O’Keefe, Gunnarsson, Noone, Harris, Revell.

First may I ask where were all the missing fans who said they would return if we were Blue again?

2nd may I ask Why not start with our Top scorer Kenwyne Jones and one of our best International players Manga? :shock:

3rd question,Can we really be relegated? Only 7pts from relegation and now only 2 wins from our last 11 games :shock:

This today was an improvement on possession and passing :thumbright: but the end product was not there,in front of goal?

Cardiff went in to this game after only winning 1 game from their last 9 games,whilst Derby had won 5 of their previous 6 games,so this was def going to be a tough game for the Bluebirds.

Both teams came out and it looked for the first 9 minutes that this was going to be an end to end game,but guess what as the game went on the more you could see that Cardiff were never going to even really get going :cry:

In the 9th minute Cardiff keeper Moore made a penalty save :thumbright: which for me was dubious in the first place,but this should of inspired the Cardiff team,yet we just sat back and let Derby dictate the game :shock:

In the 21st minute City were 1 nil down, looked like a deflection own goal by Malone?

City still sat back and it took us to the 32nd minute of the game to actually have a proper shot on goal by Revell :shock:

Second half Derby just cruised and City never really threatened them until Kenwyne Jones came on in the 62nd min and by the 63rd minute Jones had a header tipped over the Derby cross bar :thumbright:

The game just seemed to drag on and on and the City fans were leaving in their hundreds by the 80th minute.

" DONT FORGET SEASON TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY MORNING " But I just hope we are not paying Top prices for Division 3 football next season :o :o

Being back blue was a smokescreen for most, it's about the winning, being entertained, and the atmosphere, being blue will make no more than 5% difference to attendance IMO........

I can't understand starting a game with zero goal scoring strikers ???!!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:03 pm

Sadly I couldn't make it today, would have been my first game seeing us play in blue but life is just to busy for it.

Leaving Jones out is very odd.
I can kind of understand leaving out Manga after a long trip.

Yes we certainly can be relegated and we are in trouble if slade stays in charge.

No I won't be renewing.

Slade has to be sacked in my opinion, it's been clear very early on that he isn't a very good manager.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:06 pm

Annis - could have told you Cardiff wouldn't get going even before the game started. No guts, passion Etc etc. As soon as the opposition scores that's the end of the game cos we ain't scoring.
Yes Slade out. But what's the point whilst Tan is there. We will only be saying the same thing next time. #TanOut that is what is needed.
Lee.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:06 pm

1. In the house
2. Don't know
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:07 pm

Can't disagree with any of that Annis, although Alex Revell was my MOTM :thumbright:

You're right, this is a relegation battle and I'm not sure we'll stay up?

Terrible today, yet again.

Yes, I will renew my season ticket on Monday. Results are never a factor in that for me :thumbright:

I wouldn't rule out relegation if I'm being honest :( :shock:

100% yes, Russell Slade should be sacked. He is clueless.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:First may I ask where were all the missing fans who said they would return if we were Blue again?

1. Not sure.

2. Exactly?

3. Hmmm I don't think we will, but I am an optimist :bluescarf:

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Q3 yes we can but don't think we will, Q4 yes I will, Q5 yes if tan as finished the cull of players Slade can go as new manager will know what he as to play with, and can't be worse surely? Other questions have to ask Slade reasons :thumbup:

Allan, I never ever thought we could be,but I am starting to get worried for the first time as Slade has nothing to offer us a manager.

I will be as well :thumbright:

I believe Slade needs to go now.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 pm

are you renewing annis?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" MY VIEW/OPINION OF TODAY/PLUS MAJOR QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED? '

Being back blue was a smokescreen for most, it's about the winning, being entertained, and the atmosphere, being blue will make no more than 5% difference to attendance IMO........

I can't understand starting a game with zero goal scoring strikers ???!!

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sadly I couldn't make it today, would have been my first game seeing us play in blue but life is just to busy for it.

Leaving Jones out is very odd.
I can kind of understand leaving out Manga after a long trip.

Yes we certainly can be relegated and we are in trouble if slade stays in charge.

No I won't be renewing.

Slade has to be sacked in my opinion, it's been clear very early on that he isn't a very good manager.

Luke, Slade is so out of his depth,its beyond belief.

I reckon they will struggle big time with the sale of season tickets.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Can't disagree with any of that Annis, although Alex Revell was my MOTM :thumbright:

Yes, I will renew my season ticket on Monday. Results are never a factor in that for me :thumbright:

Ned, Good to see you again today :thumbright:

O'keefe was mine as he was every where in the first half,he did die out in the second half though.

I'm renewing mine :thumbright:

Relegation worries me now.

Slade has to go ASAP.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sadly I couldn't make it today

I think you're the most fortunate bugger in the world. Nothing to be sad about pal. :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Q3 yes we can but don't think we will, Q4 yes I will, Q5 yes if tan as finished the cull of players Slade can go as new manager will know what he as to play with, and can't be worse surely? Other questions have to ask Slade reasons :thumbup:

Allan, I never ever thought we could be,but I am starting to get worried for the first time as Slade has nothing to offer us a manager.

I will be as well :thumbright:

I believe Slade needs to go now.

Agree he should go now, won't say will not be relegated as its possible under Slade but don't think we will, based on fact we have played nearly all top teams last ten games, so should pick up enough points remainder of season to see us safe (just) bellers temp in charge? :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Revell motm? Are you serious.
Did you see him in the last 20-30 mins. he couldnt run 10 yards without taking a breather. He should have been taken off instead of okeeffe.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Can't disagree with any of that Annis, although Alex Revell was my MOTM :thumbright:

Ned, Good to see you again today :thumbright:

O'keefe was mine as he was every where in the first half,he did die out in the second half though.

I'm renewing mine :thumbright:

Relegation worries me now.

Slade has to go ASAP.

If Slade stays, we'll go down.

Good to see you all again, see you at Sheff Wed next week and let me know where you'll be drinking :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

1 I was there, wish I wasn't back blue won't make any difference to attendances.

2 Mad to start without Kenwyne, and no goal scoring strikers at all ?? Manga not ready from travel and maybe a knock ?

3 I don't think we will be relegated because there are some even worse teams, but we could get quite close. Although we had problems, we had a great squad when Slade arriveved and it was an almost impossible job to get us relegated with that squad, but if anyone can do it Slade can.

4 Probably, as I am assuming Slade will be sacked within the next two weeks.

5 :thumbup: without doubt !!! I think we will have a leaving with mutual content within the next two weeks, that way Tan will not have to admit he was wrong by sacking him.

We were a bit better today which is depressing after another easy win for the away team.

A nice bit of aggression from Lee Peltier, O' Keefe ok, Malone looks dodgy, nice to here Connolly shouting and looking like he cares, slight improvement against a good team.....

Gaynor Straight wrote:Revell motm? Are you serious.
Did you see him in the last 20-30 mins. he couldnt run 10 yards without taking a breather. He should have been taken off instead of okeeffe.

Agree about the last 15 minutes.

But that's because his workrate throughout the match was higher than any other City player on the pitch.

He was knackered, but Slade decided to keep him on for some reason?

But Revell definitely MOTM for me, he had to create most of the attacking positions by himself.

Forever Blue wrote:

No way, O'keefe made a good start but ran out of steam early. Peltier MOM by a mile. Showed plenty of fight and determination (unlike his teammates) and will be the fans favourite if he keeps it up. Make him captain now. :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:34 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:Annis - could have told you Cardiff wouldn't get going even before the game started. No guts, passion Etc etc. As soon as the opposition scores that's the end of the game cos we ain't scoring.
Yes Slade out. But what's the point whilst Tan is there. We will only be saying the same thing next time. #TanOut that is what is needed.
Lee.

Def No passion or desire there once again,Slade cant inspire them as a manager.

Yes Tan out for me as well.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:36 pm

papa wrote:are you renewing annis?

Yes Papa,will be my 44th Consecutive season,they are like a drug to me. :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No way, O'keefe made a good start but ran out of steam early. Peltier MOM by a mile. Showed plenty of fight and determination (unlike his teammates) and will be the fans favourite if he keeps it up. Make him captain now. :bluescarf:

:thumbup: Peltier is a Cardiff City player you could see that right from the start, he will do well here :thumbup:

It's a crying shame most of the rest aren't up for the fight we now need ..............
Last edited by Bluebina on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:40 pm

I was there, wish i wasn't

No Kenwyn Slade is clueless

Yes we are on the slippery slop downwards

Season Ticket still not sure but think I will

Yes Slade out asap

Derby as a Top team were not much better than us, but I think Slade has lost the the dressing room for the likes of the old regulars, I just can not see where we are going to score unless it is a KJ header, off to get rat assed now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:40 pm

1922 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:First may I ask where were all the missing fans who said they would return if we were Blue again?

1. Not sure.

2. Exactly?

3. Hmmm I don't think we will, but I am an optimist :bluescarf:

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

Bart,fair play your always optimistic :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Good point above, I agree and meant to say, it's clear he's lost the dressing room, Kenwyne looked well fecked off with his tactics and was telling him from the side of the pitch...........