A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff Back in Court Vs Langston? '

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:how do you know hes charging 7%
and if he is on how much of the loan

I know because it is a matter of public record. The interest rate and the condition of Tan's loans (all of them) are clearly outlined in the club's audited annual accounts.
it's also on record in the last accounts that he isn't charging it as it was all written off and also in a statement at the time that a further 50 million is available intrest free ,so in realality no intrest is being charged but that doesn't suit your agenda

I remember this too Wez. Outsiders were rubbing their hands over the interest charged on loans from Tan and Tan simply went public to clarify he was writing the interest off and future loans would be interest free. I'm no Tan fan, but in fairness, he was pretty good about this.

The confusion I think is tha the press reported an agreement to pay off the Langston debt. They didn't say it had been paid off but people assumed that. Tan must have a good reason for stopping payments. He must know something we don't. The plot thickens. :bluescarf:

Just seems strange that they won't pay anymore untill they know the make up of the company unless it's just a case of Sam has rubbed tan up the wrong way

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:how do you know hes charging 7%
and if he is on how much of the loan

I know because it is a matter of public record. The interest rate and the condition of Tan's loans (all of them) are clearly outlined in the club's audited annual accounts.
it's also on record in the last accounts that he isn't charging it as it was all written off and also in a statement at the time that a further 50 million is available intrest free ,so in realality no intrest is being charged but that doesn't suit your agenda

I remember this too Wez. Outsiders were rubbing their hands over the interest charged on loans from Tan and Tan simply went public to clarify he was writing the interest off and future loans would be interest free. I'm no Tan fan, but in fairness, he was pretty good about this.

The confusion I think is tha the press reported an agreement to pay off the Langston debt. They didn't say it had been paid off but people assumed that. Tan must have a good reason for stopping payments. He must know something we don't. The plot thickens. :bluescarf:

Just seems strange that they won't pay anymore untill they know the make up of the company unless it's just a case of Sam has rubbed tan up the wrong way

Doesn't take much to wind Tan up!! It is weird. We may never know the real reasons. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
xajax wrote:I'm not a fan of Sam, but where would you be without him? I think your early success under Sam was also a wake up call to us.

He is a football man who understands football and football supporters. He gambled on success and his enthusiasm meant he let his heart rule his head. He wanted immediate results, but he ran out of money before he realised his dream.

He's not the villain.

Try telling that to Wimbledon fans? Wonder what happened after he got his grubby hands on them!

Oh yes lost ground lost club? :laughing6:

Well why did you lot welcome him with open arms then, because that happened long before he was hailed a hero at Ninian.

You worshipped him when he was spending big to take you from the fourth level to the second, I could see his heart was ruling his head, but you were burying you heads in the sand.

If Sam is guilty you should look at yourselves, because you are equally guilty for ignoring the obvious, and to turn against him when things started going wrong is not something you should be proud of.

He was enthusiastic, foolish, and not perfect, but he's not a villain.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:18 pm

xajax wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
xajax wrote:I'm not a fan of Sam, but where would you be without him? I think your early success under Sam was also a wake up call to us.

He is a football man who understands football and football supporters. He gambled on success and his enthusiasm meant he let his heart rule his head. He wanted immediate results, but he ran out of money before he realised his dream.

He's not the villain.

Try telling that to Wimbledon fans? Wonder what happened after he got his grubby hands on them!

Oh yes lost ground lost club? :laughing6:

Well why did you lot welcome him with open arms then, because that happened long bDon't gore he was hailed a hero at Ninian.

You worshipped him when he was spending big to take you from the fourth level to the second, I could see his heart was ruling his head, but you were burying you heads in the sand.

If Sam is guilty you should look at yourselves, because you are equally guilty for ignoring the obvious, and to turn against him when things started going wrong is not something you should be proud of.

He was enthusiastic, foolish, and not perfect, but he's not a villain.

I was abroad at time so a bit detached from events! But you cannot take away fact that he brought city to there knees with his amaturist financial dabblings at city, he is one who got Langston or whoever they are involved, also council would have nothing to do with him regarding new ground why? Because he had dodgy business plan, that's why there is clause why ground cannot be sold to stop Him at time from getting his hands on it why? Because of what happened at wombles.oh musnt forget he got risdale (now disgraced) involved who let all our valuable future income go for peanuts, May not be villain to some fans in here, but he is hated at wombles and by most on here. Dont forget fans don't pick owners previous owners do! You had petty remember. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:37 pm

Surely a civil court would say 'well you thought everything was ok with the debt when you agreed the instalments and when you starting paying it so you have no grounds to stop paying half way through'.

Seems like another un-educated move by Tan

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Military Junta wrote:Surely a civil court would say 'well you thought everything was ok with the debt when you agreed the instalments and when you starting paying it so you have no grounds to stop paying half way through'.

Exactly Adam but some on here don't understand that.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Dont forget fans don't pick owners previous owners do! You had petty remember. :thumbup:

Yes, and we got shot of him pretty bloody quick.

As fans, we want our owners to love the club as much as we do. We are lucky to have owners like that, but we are the exception. Who knows what might happen when Tan leaves, you might actually get the owners the fans deserve.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 pm

xajax wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Dont forget fans don't pick owners previous owners do! You had petty remember. :thumbup:

Yes, and we got shot of him pretty bloody quick.

As fans, we want our owners to love the club as much as we do. We are lucky to have owners like that, but we are the exception. Who knows what might happen when Tan leaves, you might actually get the owners the fans deserve.

... And who knows what will happen if Hugh and co. leave?? :old:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:45 pm

Did we find out about the interests in the end???

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 am

2blue2handle wrote:Did we find out about the interests in the end???

I posted a link on this thread , it's also on the ccfc website no intrest is being charged just another anti club slur ,all intrest written off unlike Sam hamman who if he get s the other 6 million will be quids in

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Surely a civil court would say 'well you thought everything was ok with the debt when you agreed the instalments and when you starting paying it so you have no grounds to stop paying half way through'.

Agree, but equally Tan can afford to 'play games' and it appears tat Sam has annoyed Tan for some reason :shock:

Any ideas?? :?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agree, but equally Tan can afford to 'play games' and it appears tat Sam has annoyed Tan for some reason :shock:

Why stop paying after so long with so little left to pay?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Maybe there is more to this than simply not paying. You have a company registered in Panama with directors based in the British Virgin Islands with a Swiss guy Phillipe Tischhauser handling matters in the UK. Now does that not smell of money laundering or something similar. If the money that was borrowed can be traced back to illegal activities then it may be that the debt would not then be legally enforceable.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Stan_B wrote:Maybe there is more to this than simply not paying. You have a company registered in Panama with directors based in the British Virgin Islands with a Swiss guy Phillipe Tischhauser handling matters in the UK. Now does that not smell of money laundering or something similar. If the money that was borrowed can be traced back to illegal activities then it may be that the debt would not then be legally enforceable.
if that was the case could the monies all ready paid be paid back to the club ?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Stan_B wrote:Maybe there is more to this than simply not paying. You have a company registered in Panama with directors based in the British Virgin Islands with a Swiss guy Phillipe Tischhauser handling matters in the UK. Now does that not smell of money laundering or something similar. If the money that was borrowed can be traced back to illegal activities then it may be that the debt would not then be legally enforceable.
if that was the case could the monies all ready paid be paid back to the club ?

Most likely if you can find it.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

That's my point, Allan. Why indeed?? :? :thumbup:

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Maybe they have found out something about who are behind Langston and it gives a totally different image of the takeover made in 2010, maybe they have been using private investigators as they did for Malky... just a hypothesis.

These are businessmen, they are not just going to stop paying because they are pissed off. They must have some form of negotiation leverage if they are to take this action after 4.5 years.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Good at least we'll know for sure that sham is Langston

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Maybe they have found out something about who are behind Langston and it gives a totally different image of the takeover made in 2010, maybe they have been using private investigators as they did for Malky... just a hypothesis.

These are businessmen, they are not just going to stop paying because they are pissed off. They must have some form of negotiation leverage if they are to take this action after 4.5 years.

NO ONE CAN ARGUE THAT THE WHOLE DEAL INVOLVING THEM IS DODGY IN EXTREME a company with invisible members? :laughing6:

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Sam runs up huge debt including consulting fees for him and his brother with citi group bank then pays it off unsercured with Money from Langston ,who in their right minds would lend a club like ours 24 million unsercured unless it was the owner or someone close to the owner ? if sam gets the last 6 million that would mean that he had had his money back plus makes a profit ? Maybe tan who's thus and just wants to f**k him around

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:Sam runs up huge debt including consulting fees for him and his brother with citi group bank then pays it off unsercured with Money from Langston ,who in their right minds would lend a club like ours 24 million unsercured unless it was the owner or someone close to the owner ? if sam gets the last 6 million that would mean that he had had his money back plus makes a profit ? Maybe tan who's thus and just wants to f**k him around

Beware the libel comments!!
Someone was already done on a forum...

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Jupiter wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Sam runs up huge debt including consulting fees for him and his brother with citi group bank then pays it off unsercured with Money from Langston ,who in their right minds would lend a club like ours 24 million unsercured unless it was the owner or someone close to the owner ? if sam gets the last 6 million that would mean that he had had his money back plus makes a profit ? Maybe tan who's thus and just wants to f**k him around

Beware the libel comments!!
Someone was already done on a forum...
but that's what has happened tho, it's in the accounts so nothing I said isn't the truth,I would love them to take me to court ,I wonder if they would say who they are ?