Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff Back in Court Vs Langston? '

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Tan could say like the fans did on red in the prem.

Really? I don't recall being asked.

Not many opposed when we did well.

You may think it's coincidence that the real protests started when we struggled but we don't believe it :lol:

We all know if we were in the prem we would be sold out every week in red.

Luke I opposed from day one including the days we gained promotion,I just shook my head and walked out before the end,no pitch invasion for me and Sat in the Ninian Park Pub,it just never ever felt right :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I know annis, it never felt right but you can't blame tan for thinking otherwise when you seen the celebration and attendances.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Tan could say like the fans did on red in the prem.

Really? I don't recall being asked.

Not many opposed when we did well.

You may think it's coincidence that the real protests started when we struggled but we don't believe it :lol:

We all know if we were in the prem we would be sold out every week in red.

Depends what you call opposing.

I call opposing in this case was by wearing the blue therefore showing an unacceptance of the red.

Yes we most likely would still be in red in the prem but I would have still wore the blue. Until we had a red fanbase I would have carried on.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You do if your paying the mortgage of the previous owner :lol:

Should not have made the deal in the first place.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:You do if your paying the mortgage of the previous owner :lol:

But if you didn't agree with it you would obviously question it. Why now? I don't know. But if I was Tan I'd be livid at every penny I'd pay to Sam.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

But if you didn't agree with it you would obviously question it. Why now? I don't know. But if I was Tan I'd be livid at every penny I'd pay to Sam.

Indeed why now.

Tan might be livid but he struck a deal with Langston. I bet he is more livid knowing if this went to course Langston would win hands down. I can see this going to the court doors for only Tan to decide to start repaying. Why would Tan do that, well we have seen what a stubborn character he is.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Maybe it should go to court. Maybe that's Tans plan to expose Langston. I think fans have the right to know anyway.

I totally disagree, tan has no right to have to pay this debt and we all know that's unless it's for a dig.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 am

I'm not a fan of Sam, but where would you be without him? I think your early success under Sam was also a wake up call to us.

He is a football man who understands football and football supporters. He gambled on success and his enthusiasm meant he let his heart rule his head. He wanted immediate results, but he ran out of money before he realised his dream.

He's not the villain.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:Maybe it should go to court. Maybe that's Tans plan to expose Langston. I think fans have the right to know anyway.

I totally disagree, tan has no right to have to pay this debt and we all know that's unless it's for a dig.

Luke, I alluded to this earlier in the thread ;)

I was unaware of the depth of ill-feeing between Tan and Sam at the moment, but it appears Sam has managed to get Tan's back up big-time and there relationship is pretty non-existent

An interesting/enlightening financial story is developing at the CCS, apparently :thumbup:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:Annis in fairness to Tan you can't blame him for not wanting to pay Sams debt off to whoever it is?

Tan had increased out debt and he will be accountable for that but at least ain't charging any interest.

Interest is being charged on Tan's loans at a rate of 7%pa.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:Maybe it should go to court. Maybe that's Tans plan to expose Langston. I think fans have the right to know anyway.

A bizarre claim indeed. What has led you to such a strange conclusion?

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

how do you know hes charging 7%
and if he is on how much of the loan
and surely if interest is going on our debt its just watering down share values
at the end of the day when he converts debt to equity or sells up the debt to him will be gone
my worry is if any of the debt becomes payable to new owners ,will they want it straight back or charge more than tan or use the stadium as security ,what if they mortgaged it ,or something similar :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Whether Sam/langston are iffy is not the issue. We all know hammam is a dodgy character that was out purely for himself when he came to the club. Why anyone is baffled by this is, well....baffling.

What really concerns me, is Tan paid a huge lump sum up front to langstone and are only now questioning things? Just more evidence to me that he is clueless.

Wouldn't you do you due diligence BEFORE you enter into an agreement and not after? Its like buying a car on a 4 year finance deal, paying the agreement for 3 and a half years then trying to complain the agreement isn't fair. Do your homework first and if you don't like the terms don't sign the agreement and walk away.

If this is how he operates in business how the f**k he has ever made any money is beyond me.

Or is there more to this? Has the club been drained completely of cash since the return to blue as some sort of retaliation by tan and we now can't afford to repay Langston's bill?

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:Whether Sam/langston are iffy is not the issue. We all know hammam is a dodgy character that was out purely for himself when he came to the club. Why anyone is baffled by this is, well....baffling.

What really concerns me, is Tan paid a huge lump sum up front to langstone and are only now questioning things? Just more evidence to me that he is clueless.

Wouldn't you do you due diligence BEFORE you enter into an agreement and not after? Its like buying a car on a 4 year finance deal, paying the agreement for 3 and a half years then trying to complain the agreement isn't fair. Do your homework first and if you don't like the terms don't sign the agreement and walk away.

If this is how he operates in business how the f**k he has ever made any money is beyond me.

Or is there more to this? Has the club been drained completely of cash since the return to blue as some sort of retaliation by tan and we now can't afford to repay Langston's bill?

You're pretty wide of the mark with almost all of the above, fella ;)

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Wez, I posted a long time ago on here that Tan had suddenly for No reason stopped paying the monthly payment. But I thought it was only £3mill owed not £6mill still owed :shock:

Tan stopped paying the money about the time he stopped coming to the stadium to matches.
the echo article must be wrong than annis cause it Said we have been paying it and we are up to date but won't pay the one due this Friday tan hadn't been for a year but payments have been made tho

Wez,

Langston would not take Tan to court,just for missing one payment,just rem what uve said in the past Wez,never believe in the Echo :lol:

Tan, has paid the majority of it after years of not wanting to, this has all happened since Tan has stopped coming to Cardiff.

Do you know who Langston are?
If I were paying large sums of money to a supposed creditor I would at the very minimum like to know who I am paying.

This whole process seems rather slimy.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 pm

wonder who actually outed this story
sam
or
tan
interesting hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:how do you know hes charging 7%

I know because it is a matter of public record. The interest rate and the condition of Tan's loans (all of them) are clearly outlined in the club's audited annual accounts.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:44 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

I know because it is a matter of public record. The interest rate and the condition of Tan's loans (all of them) are clearly outlined in the club's audited annual accounts.
it's also on record in the last accounts that he isn't charging it as it was all written off and also in a statement at the time that a further 50 million is available intrest free ,so in realality no intrest is being charged but that doesn't suit your agenda

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 pm

thank you wez
I knew I had read that some where but couldn't prove it
cheers
and you right about agendas this board is full of them :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:48 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-2403482

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Annis in fairness to Tan you can't blame him for not wanting to pay Sams debt off to whoever it is?

Tan had increased out debt and he will be accountable for that but at least ain't charging any interest.

Correct Dave.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

Correct Dave.
are you saying that the club are lying and the statement released after the last set of accounts is wrong ?

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:12 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 15690.aspx 16 months ago board statement

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

xajax wrote:I'm not a fan of Sam, but where would you be without him? I think your early success under Sam was also a wake up call to us.

He is a football man who understands football and football supporters. He gambled on success and his enthusiasm meant he let his heart rule his head. He wanted immediate results, but he ran out of money before he realised his dream.

He's not the villain.

Try telling that to Wimbledon fans? Wonder what happened after he got his grubby hands on them!

Oh yes lost ground lost club? :laughing6:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/board-statement-15th-october-1115690.aspx 16 months ago board statement

This was my understanding as well. Can only go along with what the club have said.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
wez1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/board-statement-15th-october-1115690.aspx 16 months ago board statement

This was my understanding as well. Can only go along with what the club have said.

Tan hasn't had to lend the club more money since this as the club has had enough income in last 16 months

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm

At end of day its club debt not tans, he could easily use club finances to pay it if we had any?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:25 am

it always baffles me how ppl can still support sam he fucked us up the bum deliberatley
and would have seen the Club go bust and not batted an eyelid. the damage tan done has
been cosmetic so far rude disrespectful and wrong but nowere near as bad as taking
the Club within hours of bankrupsy though its not lookin g promising now with the tw*t :evil:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 am

bendyblue wrote:it always baffles me how ppl can still support sam he fucked us up the bum deliberatley
and would have seen the Club go bust and not batted an eyelid. the damage tan done has
been cosmetic so far rude disrespectful and wrong but nowere near as bad as taking
the Club within hours of bankrupsy though its not lookin g promising now with the tw*t :evil:

Not overly impressed by your choice of language, but you make a couple of good points

Part of the issue in recent times is that Sam allowed the fans to get close, whilst Tan has not

Either way, they both did exactly what they wanted and the club suffered

To me (and I know this won't go down well in some quarters) Sam is the more culpable of the two, as he nearly took us to extinction, whilst Tan (for all his faults :( ) did what pretty much what he said he would do and eventually relented on the worst of his decisions...the rebrand!

For that (the rebrand reversal) alone, I mistakenly thought we might be a tad grateful and try to move on, but it seems many on here just want to find something else to whinge about

To me, Sam is most definitely NOT the answer for ensuring long-term future of Cardiff City FC :(

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 am

Sven wrote:
bendyblue wrote:it always baffles me how ppl can still support sam he fucked us up the bum deliberatley

Not overly impressed by your choice of language, but you make a couple of good points

Part of the issue in recent times is that Sam allowed the fans to get close, whilst Tan has not

Either way, they both did exactly what they wanted and the club suffered

To me (and I know this won't go down well in some quarters) Sam is the more culpable of the two, as he nearly took us to extinction, whilst Tan (for all his faults :( ) did what pretty much what he said he would do and eventually relented on the worst of his decisions...the rebrand!

For that (the rebrand reversal) alone, I mistakenly thought we might be a tad grateful and try to move on, but it seems many on here just want to find something else to whinge about

To me, Sam is most definitely NOT the answer for ensuring long-term future of Cardiff City FC :(

SVEN, do you have any idea who Langston are?
I am aware of the Sam Hamman link, and that there was a high interest rate, but know little more.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

it's also on record in the last accounts that he isn't charging it as it was all written off and also in a statement at the time that a further 50 million is available intrest free ,so in realality no intrest is being charged but that doesn't suit your agenda

I remember this too Wez. Outsiders were rubbing their hands over the interest charged on loans from Tan and Tan simply went public to clarify he was writing the interest off and future loans would be interest free. I'm no Tan fan, but in fairness, he was pretty good about this.

The confusion I think is tha the press reported an agreement to pay off the Langston debt. They didn't say it had been paid off but people assumed that. Tan must have a good reason for stopping payments. He must know something we don't. The plot thickens. :bluescarf: