Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NOW ITS BEEN UPDATED '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 pm

" Opinions on the current Squad under Russell Slade? "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :thumbright:
Is it good enough to achieve much in the Championship?
8 players have left and Slade has brought 4 in,another player at least expected this week :thumbright:

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda
Joe Mason

Re: ' Now its Updated '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Opinions on the current Squad under Russell Slade?
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783
8 players have left and Slade has brought 4 in,another player at least expected this week :thumbright:

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda
Joe Mason

get rid of Maynard ,macheda ,gabidon, and replace them with a decent pacey winger ,midfielder and striker and we could be a lot better off

Re: ' NOW ITS UPDATED '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Wez,
I totally agree regarding Gabbidon and Maynard get rid :thumbright:

As to Macheda,I bet as soon as he goes,he scores goals else where,watch Le Fondre & Guerra start scoring else where.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:37 pm

That squad SHOULD be capable of a mid table championship position. Needs 3/4 with a bit more pace and quality to push on.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Haven't we also got Digakoi and Mason or are they injured for the rest of the season?

wiltshirebluebird wrote:That squad SHOULD be capable of a mid table championship position. Needs 3/4 with a bit more pace and quality to push on.

Personally I honestly feel its still good enough for at least top 8 position if managed right :thumbright: :bluescarf:

bspark wrote:Haven't we also got Digakoi and Mason or are they injured for the rest of the season?

True I will add them oops :lol:

:thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" Opinions on the current Squad under Russell Slade? "
link

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda

Marshall,John, Turner, Manga, Gabbidon, Gunnarson, Noone, Jones, Macheda and Maynard will all leave before next season starts, 20m into the coffers :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wiltshirebluebird wrote:That squad SHOULD be capable of a mid table championship position. Needs 3/4 with a bit more pace and quality to push on.

Personally I honestly feel its still good enough for at least top 8 position if managed right :thumbright: :bluescarf:
I think we should make the playoffs with the squad we got just needs a spark to get us going

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
link

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda

Marshall,John, Turner, Manga, Gabbidon, Gunnarson, Noone, Jones, Macheda and Maynard will all leave before next season starts, 20m into the coffers :bluescarf:

Then if we dont replace Marshall,Turner,Manga,Gunnarson,Noone,Jones and Macheda with similar quality,we will be odds on to go down under Slade :o

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think we should make the playoffs with the squad we got just needs a spark to get us going

Wez, Lets hope that spark starts this Saturday,because we have the players :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Can see at least another four going from there, possibly more.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Give me maynard before macheda anyday,a good run in side and he will get goals,and ralls gotta get more game time.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm

link
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=144783 :thumbright:

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly time to go
Sean Morrison time to go
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon what the hell is here here for anyway?
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham time to go
Aron Gunnarsson time to go
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone undecided
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell nope!
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard time to go
Federico Macheda time to go
Joe Mason

so plenty of room for new faces!!!!! :old:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm confident that with that squad, even without the addition of players that we'll avoid relegation. Founded more on the basis that I think there are three worse teams than us.
Next season if Slade is still in place could be a whole different kettle of fish. These players don't become bad overnight it's how they're training and how they are set up on match day. Could they give more for the team, yes but where is the inspirational leader olin the park and on the touch line?
You've only got to listen to Slade's press conferences to get the feeling he hasn't got the presence to command the players respect.
We missed our chance when we were too cheap to go after Pulis but for me I'd be looking at Bellemy as certainly a short term (this season) appointment to galvanise the team. We need Slade out sooner rather than later, and then who knows with 19 games to go we might have an outside chance of the playoffs.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That's the problem though Annis. On recent evidence, I doubt Slade is capable of managing well enough for a top half of the table finish.

Re: ' NOW ITS BEEN UPDATED '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Gabbidon should go along with Slade and Young the best signing we could make is a decent manager and assistant

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Give me maynard before macheda anyday,a good run in side and he will get goals,and ralls gotta get more game time.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
link

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda

Then if we dont replace Marshall,Turner,Manga,Gunnarson,Noone,Jones and Macheda with similar quality,we will be odds on to go down under Slade :o

It's just my opinion on what is taking place and some of those I listed will ask to leave and not want to play in a sub standard side! Could you blame them? :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

tonblue wrote:Give me maynard before macheda anyday,a good run in side and he will get goals,and ralls gotta get more game time.

:thumbup:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:25 pm

A lot of similar players in that squad.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Main issue for me is Slade & his Coaching Staff are not up for the job at this level. We need an defensive midfielder badly and a player of top half Championship/Premier league quality.

First and foremost we need experienced Championship coaches, until we get them we are going to have major problems.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:51 pm

I would like Huth to come over Morrison

I dont think of Connelly as a first team player.

Gabbidon is a wasted space on the bench as we need that spark on it to come on.

I would have revell start and jones come on last 20 at some games. (or visa versa)

Jones gets tired and disinterested on for a full 90
But could be a handful coming on.

Hope we get okeef and austin -
4 - 2 - 3- 1
Moore

Pelitier
Manga
Huth
Malone

Adeyemi
Austin

O'keef
Whittingham
Harris

Revell

Bench
Noone
Gunnarson
Ralls
Jones
Maynard
Connelly
marshall

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

'SPARK' lol, a rocket more like :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:26 pm

The squad we have is definitely good enough to compete in the championship. I think we're a bit light in terms of quality up front, Harris isn't a striker and Macheda just isn't good enough, so if we could bring a striker in and bring Jarvis in on loan then I think we're good to go for the rest of the season.

Big problem for me is I just haven't seen anything in Slades tactics or so called "philosophy" to make me believe he can get us going.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wez,

As to Macheda,I bet as soon as he goes,he scores goals else where,watch Le Fondre & Guerra start scoring else where.

macheda has serious ability, he just has an attitude. he needs to feel loved IMO and a particular type of manager to bring the best out of him.

sadly, i don't think CCFC is the club which will offer him that. although to be frank, he is a professional, and cannot say hand on heart that he has put in 100% every game, so my sympathy is limited.

Re: ' Now its Updated '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Opinions on the current Squad under Russell Slade?
link

David Marshall
Simon Moore

Lee Peltier
Declan John
Fábio da Silva
Ben Turner
Bruno Ecuele Manga
Matt Connolly
Sean Morrison
Scott Malone
Danny Gabbidon
Stuart O'Keefe

Peter Whittingham
Aron Gunnarsson
Tom Adeyemi
Anthony Pilkington
Craig Noone
Joe Ralls
Kagisho Dikcagoi

Alex Revell
Kadeem Harris
Kennwyne Jones
Nicky Maynard
Federico Macheda
Joe Mason

get rid of Maynard ,macheda ,gabidon, and replace them with a decent pacey winger ,midfielder and striker and we could be a lot better off

Yup. Pacey winger, strong cm and some pace upfront too we should be looking pretty strong again on paper all about who he brings in. It's then weather slade can get them to play...

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:16 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:

macheda has serious ability, he just has an attitude. he needs to feel loved IMO and a particular type of manager to bring the best out of him.

sadly, i don't think CCFC is the club which will offer him that. although to be frank, he is a professional, and cannot say hand on heart that he has put in 100% every game, so my sympathy is limited.

Good post, I agree :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Guerra has already scored the other day