Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jordan Mutch

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:23 am

Reports are growing that a deal with QPR will be taking place to see Fraizer Campbell and Jordan Mutch swap clubs? Former Newcastle man Shola Ameobi is also 'close' to signing.

Campbell only joined us in the summer from Cardiff, but as much as this move started promisingly enough it hasn't really work out and his chances of regular first-team football under Alan Pardew appear limited.

They seem even more so with Yaya Sanogo coming in and Pardew still seeking another striker - Bafetimbi Gomis continues to be linked, Rudy Gestede is now unlikely but also free agent, and former Newcastle striker, Shola Ameobi is also being strongly linked.

Rumours have grown that Campbell could leave with the Mirror saying that our interest in Mutch, who funnily enough was a teammate of Campbell's at Cardiff and also only joined QPR this season, has seen a £5m bid put in for the 23-year-old with QPR looking for a swap deal instead.... What I saw of Mutch last season for Cardiff impressed me so if a swap deal is possible I can't say I'd be opposed to this, would you?

This evening the South London Press says that a move for Mutch is 'close' to being complete, but this will be a straight up £4m deal, with Ameobi 'set to sign' having held talks with us today.

Read more: http://www.palace.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... z3Q4T2ASMY

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:32 am

Campbell hasnt really worked out for us, his technique is much poorer that I expected, he loses the ball constantly his poor first touch, he just looks a bit wild all round.

Plus his finishing has been way ward.

Ive seen clips of him at Cardiff and he doesnt seem the same player for us, maybe he hasnt settled or whatever but when he plays he's nearly always our poorest player.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:17 pm

£4.75m plus add on's deal agreed between QPR & Crystal Palace

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Good signing for Palace.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm

One of the most over praised players we had.....

can't pass or tackle, but a good direct runner with the ball and one hell of a dink on him. Goes missing but due to ability to have a crack from 20 yards sometimes hides tha fact he does very little.

He will need to be in a 5 man midfield.

Injury prone is an under statement.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:£4.75m plus add on's deal agreed between QPR & Crystal Palace

How the hell did you make a profit on him ???? Great business

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:One of the most over praised players we had.....

can't pass or tackle, but a good direct runner with the ball and one hell of a dink on him. Goes missing but due to ability to have a crack from 20 yards sometimes hides tha fact he does very little.

He will need to be in a 5 man midfield.

Injury prone is an under statement.

Pretty much spot on for me.

Not a bad player but not as good as people will have you believe. at the price he isnt a bad signing.