Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Mutch

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Palace fan here in peace

Rumour is we are after Jordan Mutch from QPR.

I dont really know alot about him but thought as I was on here I would ask, whats he like?

P.S what the hell has happened to K.G? have you guys killed him or something :mrgreen:

Re: Jordan Mutch

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm

football451 wrote:Palace fan here in peace

Rumour is we are after Jordan Mutch from QPR.

I dont really know alot about him but thought as I was on here I would ask, whats he like?

P.S what the hell has happened to K.G? have you guys killed him or something :mrgreen:

he's decent he drifts in and out of games alot though he will do a good passage of play but then go missing , on his day he's superb but very rare he has one of those days

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Scored some cracking goals last year. Not sure what type of midfielder he really is as I don't think we ever really found but but it looks quite good cutting inside as part of attacking midfield 3 and taking a shot.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 pm

His name is Jordon.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Not having seen KG play this season begining to think he ate himself. :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:05 pm

I really rate Mutch, who was one of our best players in the Premiership. He did score some great goals, but is injury-prone. Wish we could have him back, plus Fraizer, who was one of our best signings in the January window.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Who the hell is KG?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Mutch is fantastic on his day. He will pop up with a couple of goals too.

Kagisho Dikacoi (I think I spelled it right? :lol: ) is out for the season apparently. Looked very good when he came on at Wolves and is just the sort of player we need right now. We are crying out for a quality CDM at this level to protect the back four.
Got him on my shirt and everything :lol: gutted that he is injured.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 pm

adamt958 wrote:Mutch is fantastic on his day. He will pop up with a couple of goals too.

Kagisho Dikacoi (I think I spelled it right? :lol: ) is out for the season apparently. Looked very good when he came on at Wolves and is just the sort of player we need right now. We are crying out for a quality CDM at this level to protect the back four.
Got him on my shirt and everything :lol: gutted that he is injured.

Dikgacoi* Just trying to help :D

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:47 pm

I rated Jordon Mutch and wish we still had him,although under Slade he would be destroyed.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Plays very similar to Ross Barkley, powerful, direct runner who likes to pick the ball up from deep. Pretty much two footed, and will occasionally pop up with a goal.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Liked him while with us is very direct with his runs from midfield which is always good to see, will score his share of goals too.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip at all by Harry Redknapp & although when he has featured he has in all honesty been pretty poor. This could be down to returning from injury, and knowing Redknapp wants him gone after a mere 6 months, I think his confidence had been knocked.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:00 pm

He's good, would love him back here........

What's O'Keefe like ?????

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip at all by Harry Redknapp & although when he has featured he has in all honesty been pretty poor. [list=]This could be down to returning from injury,[/list] and knowing Redknapp wants him gone after a mere 6 months, I think his confidence had been knocked.

Jordan Mutch injured :shock:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Give him a free role and you will have a great player on your hands if he doesn't get injured.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Jordan Mutch is quality :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 pm

I thought he was our best outfield player last season in the premier.

He is good in the air and can keep the ball at his feet. If you can get a bit more out of him you will have a star player.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:13 pm

I am surprised a Palace fan is asking questions about Cardiff players who played for us last season, after all did you not have dossiers from an insider about our players last season and the position they played in so you should know all about him :D :D :D :D

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 pm

He was easily our best outfield player last season
If he stays fit,definetly premiership quality

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 pm

A very good attacking midfielder. When he's driving forward with the ball he's quality, also pretty skilful, a good passer, his pass to Fraizer, against Man U last season, was one of the best I saw all season ( though the Sky commentator said it was lucky it came off :evil: ), plus he's great at getting on the end of things in the box.
The only negative with him is that he does seem to get injured a lot. He missed a big part of our promotion season with a foot problem and he's also picked up other injuries that have kept him sidelined for a number of games. If he can stay fit he'll do a great job for you. Wish he was still here, but as has been mentioned, Slade would have ruined him and set him back two years.
Good luck for the rest of the season, I don't think you'll need it though, as I think you'll stay up with ease.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

i was gutted to see him go more than any other playing during pre-season.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Sick note.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Very hit and miss, needs support from midfield but when fit he does his job well. Moves with the ball well and gets goals. Can't pass and goes missing a lot.

Maybe OK for Palace.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks for the replies

Ive put my thoughts on Okeefe in another thread.

Whats Mutch like defensively, does he put a shift in? sound silly put at Palace everyone works there bollocks off, a lazy player wouldnt suit us.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:50 pm

football451 wrote:Thanks for the replies

Whats Mutch like defensively, does he put a shift in? sound silly put at Palace everyone works there bollocks off, a lazy player wouldnt suit us.

Confidence and attitude player. When others are up for the game he is. When others aren't he'll just mope around the pitch. Sometimes he'll kick himself into gear and get the others going but thats rare. Sometimes he'll spark something and make something happen. If he is allowed a good run of games at Palace and is allowed to gain confidence then he'll do well there.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Good player but seems to get injured just as he gets into a run of form

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

football451 wrote:Thanks for the replies

Defensively you won't get much.
He isn't lazy but will bottle a callange.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Can be class on his day, can strike a beaut with both feet and good going forward. Not the hardest working and very injury prone. If he stays fit and gets game time I think he will be a good singing for you, I always rated him and enjoyed watching him play!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Superb player: along with Gary Medel our stand out midfielders last term but badly let down by poor quality around them. A thrusting, enterprising, attacking midfielder with an eye for the spectacular goal. As others have mentioned, he can be injury prone but, with a more intelligent manager than we are blessed with at the moment, I would have him back in a heartbeat.