Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ex Cardiff City Hero Not Impressed '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:51 pm

"Cardiff City: Former captain unimpressed by new Bluebirds "
BBC

Tuesday 27th Jan 2015

Former Cardiff City captain Darren Purse is not impressed by the club's new signings in the January transfer window.

Bluebirds boss Russell Slade has signed striker Alex Revell, left-back Scott Malone and right-back Lee Peltier.

Purse, 37, who made 111 appearances for the club in the Championship between 2005 and 2009 is unimpressed.
"I don't think they are signings that are going to set the pulses racing of the Cardiff fans," he said.
"I hope they prove me wrong and they go on to become stalwarts of Cardiff and help them get back to the Premier League, which is where the club belongs.
"But at the minute I think they are signings to tide the club over."

Cardiff are currently 13th in the Championship, 13 points off the play-off places, but just 11 points above the relegation zone.

The Welsh club have won only once of their last eight league matches and Slade who was appointed in October has been told to cut the wage bill.

Adam le Fondre became the ninth player to leave under his reign on Monday, joining Bolton on loan for the rest of the season.

Re: ' Ex Cardiff City Hero Not Impressed '

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:"Cardiff City: Former captain unimpressed by new Bluebirds "
BBC

Tuesday 27th Jan 2015

Former Cardiff City captain Darren Purse is not impressed by the club's new signings in the January transfer window.

Bluebirds boss Russell Slade has signed striker Alex Revell, left-back Scott Malone and right-back Lee Peltier.

Purse, 37, who made 111 appearances for the club in the Championship between 2005 and 2009 is unimpressed.
"I don't think they are signings that are going to set the pulses racing of the Cardiff fans," he said.
"I hope they prove me wrong and they go on to become stalwarts of Cardiff and help them get back to the Premier League, which is where the club belongs.
"But at the minute I think they are signings to tide the club over."

Cardiff are currently 13th in the Championship, 13 points off the play-off places, but just 11 points above the relegation zone.

The Welsh club have won only once of their last eight league matches and Slade who was appointed in October has been told to cut the wage bill.

Adam le Fondre became the ninth player to leave under his reign on Monday, joining Bolton on loan for the rest of the season.

Pursey is spot on "signings to tide the club over" :thumbup:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:26 pm

I think they are good signings. :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:54 pm

I'm willing to look on with interest at the new boys. If they can deliver on commitment and passion, halfway there!!
The club has to be willing to nurture and assimilate signings rather than throw money at the problem. A squad, carefully built within financial boundaries will eventually repay the favour with team spirit and the will to win. Just saying :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:27 pm

darren purse a hero?

give me strength.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:40 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:darren purse a hero?

give me strength.

He always gave 100% but I agree not a hero.

Saying that most players during those days gave it their all ha