Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

20 games left we will make the playoffs

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 pm

We can't get any worse,still loads of points to play for , we are due a good run keep the faith ! Bluebirds !,

Re: 20 games left we will make the playoffs

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:51 pm

You'll get shot down for this but you're not wrong Wez, loads of points to play for yet :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Anything is possible if Slade is replaced.

For now im looking down rather than upwards

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:We can't get any worse,still loads of points to play for , we are due a good run keep the faith ! Bluebirds !,

Wez,No chance,I love your optimism, but we wont go down :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Get warnock in an we stand a chance but not with slade. :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: playoffs?

lose to derby home and sheffield away which we cant win away and we will struggle for mid table

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:We can't get any worse,still loads of points to play for , we are due a good run keep the faith ! Bluebirds !,

Really respect the positivity but I cannot see any manager taking the current squad to the Play Offs. We have been very poor for a long time now and unfortunately we have done nothing to change it. We have the same manager, same tactics and less of the quality players after the major cull.

We have no fight or quality in the squad to get us anywhere near the play offs. The way things are, will be happy if we survive in this Division this season.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:02 pm

You are joking surely?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Keep the faith ,things will turn around

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

At the end of the day, if you don't have any faith and give up before the game kicks off, what's the point in even turning up and calling yourself a supporter?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:33 pm

JonCCFC wrote:At the end of the day, if you don't have any faith and give up before the game kicks off, what's the point in even turning up and calling yourself a supporter?
totally agree too many have given up ,how do you expect the players to be bothered if the fans arnt

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

I'd be over the moon to survive and stay in the championship tbh, but getting into the playoffs would be hell of a bonus although I can't see it myself. I will always support the boys on the field everytime no matter how they play, especially now my beloved Bluebirds are back in BLUE :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:14 pm

JonCCFC wrote:At the end of the day, if you don't have any faith and give up before the game kicks off, what's the point in even turning up and calling yourself a supporter?

You can be a supporter and be realistic at the same time. I don't seriously think that anyone believes we have a cat in hells chance of being anywhere near the play offs. I've said since day 1 that we were a mid table side at best, and now we've got rid of a lot of quality players, I think we'll be bottom 6 or 7. I will still cheer them on in the hope that things don't get worse, and in the hope that we can stay clear of the bottom 3. Survival has to be our main priority this season.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:Keep the faith ,things will turn around

How do you come to that conclusion?

Our last eight or nine games? The players we've brought in? The players going out?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Keep the faith ,things will turn around

How do you come to that conclusion?

Our last eight or nine games? The players we've brought in? The players going out?
players coming in ,more to come by end of transfer window

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Anothercentre back , striker and a winger and I dont think we are in too bad of shape

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:Anothercentre back , striker and a winger and I dont think we are in too bad of shape

Your right it's not all bad, but I think the playoffs are a bit beyond us at the moment. If somehow Slade can turn it around with the new signings then there is time. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm

European Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Anothercentre back , striker and a winger and I dont think we are in too bad of shape

Your right it's not all bad, but I think the playoffs are a bit beyond us at the moment. If somehow Slade can turn it around with the new signings then there is time. :ayatollah:
60 points to play for and playing teams around us it's certainly do able

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Love the positivity, but I think you're living in a dream world. We'll be lucky to stay up with that buffoon in charge.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wez,No chance,I love your optimism, but we wont go down :thumbright: :bluescarf:

This

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, you don't know the difference between being positive & being delusional.
:roll:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: you haven't lost your sense of humour!! :old:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm

arri potta wrote:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: you haven't lost your sense of humour!! :old:
keep the faith mate lol

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm

It would need more than a good run! First there are only 19 games left and if we were to hit automatic promotion form of 2 points per game ( highly unlikely in a season where the top club is still 3 points off that figure ) that would only be 38 points giving us a total of 72 points. Secondly, Watford who are in 6th are already on 47 points and would only need 25 points more ( they have a much better goal difference ) from the remaining 19 games. The sixth team will probably get to about 76 or 77 points which even if we do the impossible of getting 2 points per game will still be a step to far.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Wez, there are 57 points to play for from 19 games.

It would take something extraordinary for us to make the play offs now.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:Wez, there are 57 points to play for from 19 games.

other teams have had late runs look at palace a few years back you never know

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:Wez, there are 57 points to play for from 19 games.

Agree with you Carl .

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Anybody can beat anybody in this league and there are plenty of points available. If Slade doesn't turn things around by the end of the season he'll have to go.

I still think Tan has an agenda and promotion is not a part of that. Take the parachute money and bail out maybe?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Wez do you go to games mate!?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:Wez do you go to games mate!?

Been banned for last 4 years for Chelsea but did do for 25 years before and will do next season hopefully after my appeal in May ,why do you