Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely Two Different Things

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 am

There have been quite a few posts on here praising the club for their cull and getting rid of so many players.

I agree that the club needed to trim the squad, however there has to be a fine balancing act of balancing the books with keeping enough quality to remain in this Division. To me I question whether the club has gone too far by stripping most of the quality players to leave a very average team that will struggle to survive in this Division, particularly with this manager.

It seems madness that we have not picked up fees for some of the players, e.g. Kimbo and let others go to our rivals e.g. Le Fondre to Bolton. There was a thread to suggest that we were even paying half if his wages. Surely if this is the case then it's madness.

Re: Surely Two Different Things

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There have been quite a few posts on here praising the club for their cull and getting rid of so many players.

I agree that the club needed to trim the squad, however there has to be a fine balancing act of balancing the books with keeping enough quality to remain in this Division. To me I question whether the club has gone too far by stripping most of the quality players to leave a very average team that will struggle to survive in this Division, particularly with this manager.

It seems madness that we have not picked up fees for some of the players, e.g. Kimbo and let others go to our rivals e.g. Le Fondre to Bolton. There was a thread to suggest that we were even paying half if his wages. Surely if this is the case then it's madness.

It's only madness if there were clubs queueing up to buy the players in the first place like Brayford for example!

As we've let the other players go for free or at a cost to ourselves, I very much doubt that any other club wanted them for a transfer fee!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 am

We let two first tea drs go so far, Brayford and Le Fondre. Le Fondre was crap and Brayford wanted to go.

Beyond that have we lost anyone that was playing anyway?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 am

I can understand a lack of takers for some of the players but when it comes to giving a player to your rivals and we pay half of his wages then that is madness. Accepted that Le Fondre did not have a good scoring record here but he could knock them in for Bolton to keep them up and send us down. Thats the 'madness' that I was referring to.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:57 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I can understand a lack of takers for some of the players but when it comes to giving a player to your rivals and we pay half of his wages then that is madness. Accepted that Le Fondre did not have a good scoring record here but he could knock them in for Bolton to keep them up and send us down. Thats the 'madness' that I was referring to.

Don't see Bolton as our rivals, as I suspect they are going to end up quite safe in this division, whilst we are probably going to have to fight off any late surge up the table by the likes of Wigan or Millwall and other teams just above them, as I believe that Blackpool are Fecked! :D

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I can understand a lack of takers for some of the players but when it comes to giving a player to your rivals and we pay half of his wages then that is madness. Accepted that Le Fondre did not have a good scoring record here but he could knock them in for Bolton to keep them up and send us down. Thats the 'madness' that I was referring to.

Agree , can't believe we have loaned him out , ALF is in bad form (don't become a bad player overnight) , Slade just needed to take him out of the squad for a few games so he could regroup. Think it's bad management personally

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm

My worry is more that we are investing in defenders all the time and that seems to be Slades issue when in my opinion it was our strengh if managed properly.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:My worry is more that we are investing in defenders all the time and that seems to be Slades issue when in my opinion it was our strengh if managed properly.

Agree , it's obvious to everyone that the problem is the midfield it gets dominated every game but Slade can't seem to see that