Transfer policy

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Transfer policy

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 am

I think what's happening now is what I've said all along this was always to be expected

Tan has thrown endless money into the transfer pit and recouped little of what he has spent due to piss poor signings from the previous two managers

Only a few actually sold for what we paid or made anything back at all

The man has got sick at throwing money for little success

We need to balance the books and this is a good thing if the reported 12m is correct then that's pretty impressive and goes to show just how much money some of our players were earning that couldn't even make the bench at the club

I for one am all for this for too long we have overload players overpaid agents etc it's about time we cut our cloth accordingly

We can't have it both ways if we become sustainable the club is easier to sell it's that simple

I think tan will only stump up decent sized fees for young players now that have massive potential resale value, and this for me is how we should do business

I'd like to see us go for someone like nahki wells knows the goal would cost a few quid but the resale potential is huge

Doubt this will happen but it's the only scenario I see him stumping up bigger transfer fees from now on
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Transfer policy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Transfer policy

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:13 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I think what's happening now is what I've said all along this was always to be expected

Tan has thrown endless money into the transfer pit and recouped little of what he has spent due to piss poor signings from the previous two managers

Only a few actually sold for what we paid or made anything back at all

The man has got sick at throwing money for little success

We need to balance the books and this is a good thing if the reported 12m is correct then that's pretty impressive and goes to show just how much money some of our players were earning that couldn't even make the bench at the club

I for one am all for this for too long we have overload players overpaid agents etc it's about time we cut our cloth accordingly

We can't have it both ways if we become sustainable the club is easier to sell it's that simple

I think tan will only stump up decent sized fees for young players now that have massive potential resale value, and this for me is how we should do business

I'd like to see us go for someone like nahki wells knows the goal would cost a few quid but the resale potential is huge

Doubt this will happen but it's the only scenario I see him stumping up bigger transfer fees from now on

Brilliant post Smakerz, totally agree! (Don't know much about Wells but I'll take your word for it).
Been saying for ages, huge squad sitting on their arses bleeding the coffers dry. Too many on huge wages for their abilities.

I don't always see eye to eye with you, but you got my vote. :notworthy:
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Return to General Chat