Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Do you have a problem with Tan? "

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Having read the OP & Annis's response & thinking through my own thoughts on Tan, I would heavily side with Annis on this subject without doubt.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 pm

No problem with Tan - good post.
My problem is how ineptly his appointee RS has gone about cutting the squad.
:thumbup:

Re: Do you have a problem with Tan?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Double G wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Luke,
YES I do have a big problem with Tan and nobody will change my mind.

Just a few reasons I will post,I could write a book :lol:

1. Changed our Identity totally,mocked us and made us a laughing stock.
Then gives us half of it back nearly 3 yrs later and were suppose to be thankful, after the club is now so divided and rotten that if he had not,I honestly think they would of had a ghost of a stadium next season and the last 3 years for me have been my worst in 43 years of supporting my club as I honestly was falling out of love with my club.

2. Not kept to his promise of Debt to equity,always made excuse after excuse.

3. Employed 6 CEO'S and most of them had not a clue about football and Tan having not a clue as well,we were always going to fail in the long run under his ownership.

4.As to the other spending,Tan Allowed his CEO'S/Managers to spend like lunatics and should over seen it better,surely a man like Tan should of seen it was madness our spending.

5.Has continually tried to control managers by bringing in players whether they like it or not.

6. Has No Respect for Cardiff City or us fans.

7. Tan has run our club like a madman and we have looked like a comedy show and like many have said a laughing circus.
He took our pride/passion/dignity from our fans/club and thats a fact.

Like I say I could go on and on and yes there will be people who disagree with me,but thats their opinions,mine are based on knowing a lot of facts and my opinions :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

And Yes Tan wants out ASAP and I dont blame him as a British Football Club is not for him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Im amazed i actually agree with a post by you Annis :laughing6: Top post and 1 i agree with.
Point 4 im unsure about tho. I believe Tan knew exactly was Malky and co was spending. Maybe was to trustworthy :thumbright:

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Thats what I am saying Tan knew what Malky and Ole was spending and his CEO'S looked through every contract first :thumbright:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 pm

I have always supported Tan as the custodian of my club, no matter what. And I will support whoever takes over. Some of his dealings may be questionable, and he may not have always made the wisest of decisions, but at least he didn't outright lie to the fans to get them to pay up front for their season tickets like Mr Ridsdale.

I will always support the owner, the manager and most of all the team on the pitch, no matter what. That's what LOYAL supporters do!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 pm

I have no problem with Mt Tan, I will always be great full with out going into to much detail of all the money has given to charity, No other owner who has ever been promoted donated 1 Million to local charities to which I know Velindre benefitted substantially .

As for the football I read yesterday Eddie Howe when he took over at Burnley and they had just been relegated from the premiership he had to cut the wage bill from 17 million to 7, there was no financial FairPlay rules then either we are doing what needs to be done and start running a tighter ship.

If I have a complaint is he should have tightened the purse strings when Ole took us down not let him spend the money he did.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Will never forget what has been done to our club, a disgrace :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Annis to be honest I agree with a lot in your post, he is far from the dream chairman but a lot of clubs don't like there owner. For me most of that is in the past, the past can't be changed so we look forward.

My issue is more with people having a go just for the sake of it, most of it contradictory.

Some people want him gone but also want him to keep bankrolling us by making snide remarks about the sales etc, it makes no sense. These cut back if anything will help potential investors more interested. People who want him gone should be pleased we are cutting back and not becoming to reliant on the person they want gone.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Annis to be honest I agree with a lot in your post, he is far from the dream chairman but a lot of clubs don't like there owner. For me most of that is in the past, the past can't be changed so we look forward.

My issue is more with people having a go just for the sake of it, most of it contradictory.

Some people want him gone but also want him to keep bankrolling us by making snide remarks about the sales etc, it makes no sense. These cut back if anything will help potential investors more interested. People who want him gone should be pleased we are cutting back and not becoming to reliant on the person they want gone.

Luke, I dont want to give stupid wages,I want grafters/hardmen and a some skilful players :thumbright:

I just wish we had local chairmen like at Boro and Bradford who care about their Clubs :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Sadly they are very few and far between annis.

I agree about the players but to be honest I do believe our players could do that given a chance under a proper manager.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sadly they are very few and far between annis.

I agree about the players but to be honest I do believe our players could do that given a chance under a proper manager.

Luke 100% agree with you,a better manager would def get more from them :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:18 pm

This is really strange Annis , but reading the OP, I was agreeing with most of it, yet when I read your opposing view, I agreed with a lot of that too. I guess it proves that both of you want the best for the club and are passionately committed to getting just that: THE BEST.

I have never changed my stance on the rebrand and was pleased when the return to BLUE was announced, but not really thankful. It's like thanking the burglar for returning your possessions. There is mistrust and resentment, but not gratitude..

I don't necessarily want a local guy to take over either though. As long as there is genuine care for the values, history and aspirations of the club, it could be an Eskimo as far as I'm concerned.

This is a critical time for CCFC right now. I remain positive that success will come. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:This is really strange Annis , but reading the OP, I was agreeing with most of it, yet when I read your opposing view, I agreed with a lot of that too. I guess it proves that both of you want the best for the club and are passionately committed to getting just that: THE BEST.

I have never changed my stance on the rebrand and was pleased when the return to BLUE was announced, but not really thankful. It's like thanking the burglar for returning your possessions. There is mistrust and resentment, but not gratitude..

I don't necessarily want a local guy to take over either though. As long as there is genuine care for the values, history and aspirations of the club, it could be an Eskimo as far as I'm concerned.

This is a critical time for CCFC right now. I remain positive that success will come. :bluescarf:

John, Very good post :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:This is really strange Annis , but reading the OP, I was agreeing with most of it, yet when I read your opposing view, I agreed with a lot of that too. I guess it proves that both of you want the best for the club and are passionately committed to getting just that: THE BEST.

John, Very good post :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Aww shucks! :notworthy:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Colourblind wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Individually what is your problem with Tan?

Personally I don’t have an issue anymore, my issue was regarding the rebrand which has been mostly reversed. I know some have issue with him sacking Malky but I fully support him on that, infact in my opinion it should have been done earlier for footballing reasons. IHe does say some silly things in the media but then so do a lot of people in football, Sam came out with some crackers.

I see a lot of sniping at Tan regarding the player sales, player termination and the general playing squad being reduced dramatically, but then a lot of the same people were moaning about the debt and how much it has increased. I don’t think Tan could win either way on the finances. For me those people having digs at Tan for reducing the wage bill as bitter etc make no sense. You want him gone but you want him to continue to pump in millions and for us to be reliant on him to keep us a float. If you don’t want Tan here you should be delighted with the cut backs as making us self sufficient is the only way he will eventually go.

As for the debt to equity and the training ground, I can’t see them going ahead now but I don’t see how we can expect to have them now we are back to blue and that was never the deal.

If a consortium had took over, changed us to blue and made the cut backs we are seeing they would be praised to the hills for doing the right thing.

A good post. But the question you should be asking is not whether we have a problem with Tan but whether he has a problem with us. Thanks to the likes of Forever Blue and Branson, I think the answer is "Yes". And it is all going to end in tears. I believe we are finished and there will be no way back.

Thanks to them we've gained our identity back. If you wanted to support glory boys playing in red go support manu

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I have always supported Tan as the custodian of my club, no matter what. And I will support whoever takes over. Some of his dealings may be questionable, and he may not have always made the wisest of decisions, but at least he didn't outright lie to the fans to get them to pay up front for their season tickets like Mr Ridsdale.

I will always support the owner, the manager and most of all the team on the pitch, no matter what. That's what LOYAL supporters do!

No, it isn't what "loyal" supporters do. Genuine fans, just like genuine friends, should give praise where it's due and be constructively critical when it's required.

This nodding dog mentality is one of the main reasons why club's get rebranded with barely a wimper and why owners get carte blanche to charge exorbitant prices to watch games.

I'm sure you're a decent person with the best of intentions but personally I think that fans like you are part of the problem with the modern game. If supporters really want to be treated with more respect they need to show more solidarity with one another.

Always remember; no fans = no club :thumbup:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm afraid so !

Despite our appearance in the top flight for the first time since the Stone Age , I feel the tenure of Vincent Tan will always be viewed as a disaster for Cardiff City !

We seem to lurch from one crisis/ problem to another :-

*the imposition of the red ,

*the beermat ,

*MM ,

*Moodie ,

*Textgate

*Ole ,

* Slade ,

* Apsalyamov,

*incompetent CEOs by the bucketful

*the divided fan base ,

*the circa £30m debt into circa £170m debt ,

*the broken promise of D2E ,

* lifelong fans so disillusioned they turn their back on the club,

*the club viewed as a laughing stock

What I have no problem with is the current squad culling , too few of those on the books during Tan's tenure have represented the club with any real pride & passion !

You cannot blame Tan for the poor signings per se but you can blame him for putting in place such a shambolic HR /footballing infrastructure that such events occurred unchecked for so long !

Continue your asset-stripping Vincent & sell-up , the era that promised so much has spiralled into an unmitigated disaster , your lack of nous in relation to the running of a football club & indeed , dealing with it's fan base , sorry customers , is evident for all to see !

You Sir , are a footballing clown & the circus that is Cardiff City needs you gone in order to commence the journey on the long road to recovering it's self-respect !

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Coco wrote:I'm afraid so !

Despite our appearance in the top flight for the first time since the Stone Age , I feel the tenure of Vincent Tan will always be viewed as a disaster for Cardiff City !

*the beermat ,

*MM ,

*Moodie ,

*Textgate

*Ole ,

* Slade ,

* Apsalyamov,

*the divided fan base ,

What I have no problem with is the current squad culling , too few of those on the books during Tan's tenure have represented the club with any real pride & passion !

You cannot blame Tan for the poor signings per se but you can blame him for putting in place such a shambolic HR /footballing infrastructure that such events occurred unchecked for so long !

Continue your asset-stripping Vincent & sell-up , the era that promised so much has spiralled into an unmitigated disaster , your lack of nous in relation to the running of a football club & indeed , dealing with it's fan base , sorry customers , is evident for all to see !

You Sir , are a footballing clown & the circus that is Cardiff City needs you gone in order to commence the journey on the long road to recovering it's self-respect !

and that sir, is the correct answer :thumbup:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:19 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

*the beermat ,

*MM ,

*Moodie ,

*Textgate

*Ole ,

* Slade ,

* Apsalyamov,

*the divided fan base ,

and that sir, is the correct answer :thumbup:

I Second it :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Gavin wrote:
PtB wrote:These terminations aren't really cut backs at present. All the players have been paid up x amount to move on so we're not any better off for that. I'd have preferred to try sell them for small fees, with sell on clauses or players on loan in return in some cases.

Cutbacks do have to be made though, that's an issue that predates Tan & even Ridsdale's tenure.

The club needs a feelgood factor brought in, I don't think VT is the man to bring it back though.

If the contract termination is by mutual consent, I presumed both parties walk away without making extra payments.
If the team released a player half way through his contract only then would it have to be paid up until the contracts end?

Obviously the players who are willing to do this are those looking to reestablish themselves elsewhere.

I'm not gonna lie I assume this from playing football manager on the computer :oops: :ugeek:

Am I incorrect?

You may be correct Gavin, but I just can't see all those guys walking away with nothing. It could still be mutual consent upon reciept of a lump sum in some cases.

In Football Manager they always bargained with me for a pay off or for me to pay them x amount to make up the shortfall in wages at new clubs!!!!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm

*the beermat ,

*MM ,

*Moodie ,

*Textgate

*Ole ,

* Slade ,

* Apsalyamov,

*the divided fan base ,

Yep

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Whatever reason you want to give or however you want to explain it, We're worse off than when he came, but now we have no soul or passion. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a game or enjoyed one whilst I was there, even away games are letting me down these days. All down to the running of the club and the end result which is the football we have produced. I do and always will resent tan for what our football club has become during his time here, I just hope in the near future we can recover but I fear a lot of permanent damage I done especially to a generation of our fan base

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:51 pm

*the beermat ,

*MM ,

*Moodie ,

*Textgate

*Ole ,

* Slade ,

* Apsalyamov,

*the divided fan base ,

Well said mate :notworthy:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Yeah I agree,my main problem with the club at the moment is the manager,ive took loads of stick for saying this but I believe the cuts would have happened even if we weren't back in blue. i don't think Tan is doing this as revenge,just my opinion

This, and the badge

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Whatever has been stated about likes/dislikes about Tan, at least he will not leave behind (if and when he goes) the financial mire that the so called savior of the club Sam Hammam left.

As a top businessman he will not leave CCFC under any financial cloud, from his part of the world he cannot be associated with any shady rumours and backhand deals as this would be viewed as a severe loss of face/credibility.

We should all put the rebranding and infighting behind us and for once start supporting 100% for a change.

Although I suspect that this will never happen. Personally I have no problem with Tans honesty or integrity.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:58 am

Just add him to the list of weired and wonderful owners we have had over the years? They come and go leaving all sorts of legacies good and bad! ! :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:27 am

Then gives us half of it back nearly 3 yrs later and were suppose to be thankful, after the club is now so divided and rotten that if he had not,I honestly think they would of had a ghost of a stadium next season and the last 3 years for me have been my worst in 43 years of supporting my club as I honestly was falling out of love with my club.

3. Employed 6 CEO'S and most of them had not a clue about football and Tan having not a clue as well,we were always going to fail in the long run under his ownership.

4.As to the other spending,Tan Allowed his CEO'S/Managers to spend like lunatics and should over seen it better,surely a man like Tan should of seen it was madness our spending.

5.Has continually tried to control managers by bringing in players whether they like it or not.

7. Tan has run our club like a madman and we have looked like a comedy show and like many have said a laughing circus.

Like I say I could go on and on and yes there will be people who disagree with me,but thats their opinions,mine are based on knowing a lot of facts and my opinions :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

And Yes Tan wants out ASAP and I dont blame him as a British Football Club is not for him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

VT's big weakness is that he has not identified his own weakness - he doesn't understand the industry he is operating within. A strong leader identifies his weaknesses and rectifies them by bringing in people with knowledge.

From what I have seen Mr. Dalman and Mr. Choo seem credible. I totally agree with the strategy to reduce the wage bill. Between now and August we can save a few millions. The pre-season gives us the chance to regroup and plan another assault on the PL.

Overall good post Forever Blue, just one question do you see any positives at all with VT?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 am

Jupiter wrote:

VT's big weakness is that he has not identified his own weakness - he doesn't understand the industry he is operating within. A strong leader identifies his weaknesses and rectifies them by bringing in people with knowledge.

From what I have seen Mr. Dalman and Mr. Choo seem credible. I totally agree with the strategy to reduce the wage bill. Between now and August we can save a few millions. The pre-season gives us the chance to regroup and plan another assault on the PL.

Overall good post Forever Blue, just one question do you see any positives at all with VT?

I have to agree with you there,Tan does not accept he has no idea about the football world and thats his weakness.

Positive
I dont believe Tan will leave us bankrupt :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

I have to agree with you there,Tan does not accept he has no idea about the football world and thats his weakness.

Positive

The one thing that I cling to in all this, is when Dalman says that whatever we think of Tan, he is an honourable man and will not leave Cardiff in trouble and will do right by them :thumbup:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

Positive

The one thing that I cling to in all this, is when Dalman says that whatever we think of Tan, he is an honourable man and will not leave Cardiff in trouble and will do right by them :thumbup:

Thanks Forever Blue for the reply. I agree with you as concerns bankruptcy. I also commend you on your consistency of opinion, especially when it was unpopular to express such views.

From seeing VT's behaviour I do not see him as honourable. I see him as a power crazed little man with a big ego, who is pig-headed and usually gets his own way by bullying and manipulation. Men like this usually survive because they have a inner circle who protect this image of them from coming out publicly.

As mentioned above I like what I have seen from Mr. Dalman and Mr. Choo, they listen are professional and appear to be able to influence the demagogue.

As I mentioned in a previous mail, I would really like them to share their Vision Statement and Business Strategy. As a minimum the Trust should ask for this.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Individually what is your problem with Tan?

Personally I don’t have an issue anymore, my issue was regarding the rebrand which has been mostly reversed. I know some have issue with him sacking Malky but I fully support him on that, infact in my opinion it should have been done earlier for footballing reasons. IHe does say some silly things in the media but then so do a lot of people in football, Sam came out with some crackers.

I see a lot of sniping at Tan regarding the player sales, player termination and the general playing squad being reduced dramatically, but then a lot of the same people were moaning about the debt and how much it has increased. I don’t think Tan could win either way on the finances. For me those people having digs at Tan for reducing the wage bill as bitter etc make no sense. You want him gone but you want him to continue to pump in millions and for us to be reliant on him to keep us a float. If you don’t want Tan here you should be delighted with the cut backs as making us self sufficient is the only way he will eventually go.

As for the debt to equity and the training ground, I can’t see them going ahead now but I don’t see how we can expect to have them now we are back to blue and that was never the deal.

If a consortium had took over, changed us to blue and made the cut backs we are seeing they would be praised to the hills for doing the right thing.

Interested if anyone tries to slate this. Top post.