Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Do you have a problem with Tan? "

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Individually what is your problem with Tan?

Personally I don’t have an issue anymore, my issue was regarding the rebrand which has been mostly reversed. I know some have issue with him sacking Malky but I fully support him on that, infact in my opinion it should have been done earlier for footballing reasons. IHe does say some silly things in the media but then so do a lot of people in football, Sam came out with some crackers.

I see a lot of sniping at Tan regarding the player sales, player termination and the general playing squad being reduced dramatically, but then a lot of the same people were moaning about the debt and how much it has increased. I don’t think Tan could win either way on the finances. For me those people having digs at Tan for reducing the wage bill as bitter etc make no sense. You want him gone but you want him to continue to pump in millions and for us to be reliant on him to keep us a float. If you don’t want Tan here you should be delighted with the cut backs as making us self sufficient is the only way he will eventually go.

As for the debt to equity and the training ground, I can’t see them going ahead now but I don’t see how we can expect to have them now we are back to blue and that was never the deal.

If a consortium had took over, changed us to blue and made the cut backs we are seeing they would be praised to the hills for doing the right thing.

Re: Do you have a problem with Tan?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm

top post i couldnt agree more mate

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Yeah I agree,my main problem with the club at the moment is the manager,ive took loads of stick for saying this but I believe the cuts would have happened even if we weren't back in blue. i don't think Tan is doing this as revenge,just my opinion

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Individually what is your problem with Tan?

Personally I don’t have an issue anymore, my issue was regarding the rebrand which has been mostly reversed. I know some have issue with him sacking Malky but I fully support him on that, infact in my opinion it should have been done earlier for footballing reasons. IHe does say some silly things in the media but then so do a lot of people in football, Sam came out with some crackers.

I see a lot of sniping at Tan regarding the player sales, player termination and the general playing squad being reduced dramatically, but then a lot of the same people were moaning about the debt and how much it has increased. I don’t think Tan could win either way on the finances. For me those people having digs at Tan for reducing the wage bill as bitter etc make no sense. You want him gone but you want him to continue to pump in millions and for us to be reliant on him to keep us a float. If you don’t want Tan here you should be delighted with the cut backs as making us self sufficient is the only way he will eventually go.

As for the debt to equity and the training ground, I can’t see them going ahead now but I don’t see how we can expect to have them now we are back to blue and that was never the deal.

If a consortium had took over, changed us to blue and made the cut backs we are seeing they would be praised to the hills for doing the right thing.

I have to agree with everything you have said in this statement. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Tan really cant win with alot of our lot at the moment. Returns us to blue cuts out the silly wages and transfers, and people still snipe. If he started spending silly money then they would call him for being unsustainable.

The manager might not be good enough, but how many managers out there are available that will do better? The rate clubs get through managers at the moment suggest there arent many managers out there that can do the job. So he sacks slade, we still dont go up next season, fans call for the next manager to go and we end up with another severance package.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Fully agree, Luke :thumbup:

Like others, my only issue is with a manager who (maybe because of who he has alongside him) is looking pretty ineffectual as things stand and that can only be changed by Vincent Tan seeing that not only the results but the ineffectiveness of the team is beginning to take its toll on players and paying supporters alike! :cry:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Totally agree with you both regards the manager :ayatollah: He has to go.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm

My only problem with Tan, is that he keeps listening to the wrong advice when it involves footballing matters. If he really is in this for the long haul, I wish he'd sell part of his shareholding to somebody with some footballing knowledge and aren't concerned with dipping their hands in their pockets, so to speak.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes, excellent post. I've no problem with Tan now. It was always just about the 're-brand'.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Good post. Seems anything to have a go at tan with half these people. Were back in blue tan gets my support.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I had a problem with the rebrand not now though or did I ever want millions spent of players or the debt with it. I'm glad he's cutting back as he will go sooner or later that's the route out for tan and I'm more than happy if he goes that way as for slade well we know why he's here and that's to non and work with what tan wants all we can do is support the team as that was tans choice of puppet and the reason we didn't get a bettet manager in who would work under tans and his ways.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Luke,
YES I do have a big problem with Tan and nobody will change my mind.

Just a few reasons I will post,I could write a book :lol:

1. Changed our Identity totally,mocked us and made us a laughing stock.
Then gives us half of it back nearly 3 yrs later and were suppose to be thankful, after the club is now so divided and rotten that if he had not,I honestly think they would of had a ghost of a stadium next season and the last 3 years for me have been my worst in 43 years of supporting my club as I honestly was falling out of love with my club.

2. Not kept to his promise of Debt to equity,always made excuse after excuse.

3. Employed 6 CEO'S and most of them had not a clue about football and Tan having not a clue as well,we were always going to fail in the long run under his ownership.

4.As to the other spending,Tan Allowed his CEO'S/Managers to spend like lunatics and should over seen it better,surely a man like Tan should of seen it was madness our spending.

5.Has continually tried to control managers by bringing in players whether they like it or not.

6. Has No Respect for Cardiff City or us fans.

7. Tan has run our club like a madman and we have looked like a comedy show and like many have said a laughing circus.
He took our pride/passion/dignity from our fans/club and thats a fact.

Like I say I could go on and on and yes there will be people who disagree with me,but thats their opinions,mine are based on knowing a lot of facts and my opinions :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

And Yes Tan wants out ASAP and I dont blame him as a British Football Club is not for him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

These terminations aren't really cut backs at present. All the players have been paid up x amount to move on so we're not any better off for that. I'd have preferred to try sell them for small fees, with sell on clauses or players on loan in return in some cases.

Cutbacks do have to be made though, that's an issue that predates Tan & even Ridsdale's tenure.

The club needs a feelgood factor brought in, I don't think VT is the man to bring it back though.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:23 pm

PtB wrote:These terminations aren't really cut backs at present. All the players have been paid up x amount to move on so we're not any better off for that. I'd have preferred to try sell them for small fees, with sell on clauses or players on loan in return in some cases.

Cutbacks do have to be made though, that's an issue that predates Tan & even Ridsdale's tenure.

The club needs a feelgood factor brought in, I don't think VT is the man to bring it back though.

I agree Paul tans not going to bring that back. The sooner he's done stripping what he can and goes the better imo.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Top post, we will cut our player salaries in half with the players that have gone so far and i havent lost any sleep on any of them going so far,just hope slade brings in the two midfielders we are desperate for or he will be gone as well

Re: " Do you have a problem with Tan? "

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:42 pm

The only reason Tan returned us to blue is because he had no choice specially as he is a business man first and fore most and now to stand a chance of making this a business to keep his credence he needs the fans back.

If we were still in the premier we would be far off a return to blue than when we first re-branded. We had over 6,000 waiting to buy into Cardiff City. Now he faces over 6,000 ready to walk. Yep wise more turning us back to blue certainly not for love though was it.

The cost cutting does not bother me. If it is what he needs to do to move on then so be it.

Summing up, cant really say I am comfortable with him around.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 pm

A good post. But the question you should be asking is not whether we have a problem with Tan but whether he has a problem with us. Thanks to the likes of Forever Blue and Branson, I think the answer is "Yes". And it is all going to end in tears. I believe we are finished and there will be no way back.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Colourblind wrote:

A good post. But the question you should be asking is not whether we have a problem with Tan but whether he has a problem with us. Thanks to the likes of Forever Blue and Branson, I think the answer is "Yes". And it is all going to end in tears. I believe we are finished and there will be no way back.

THANK YOU JACK :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thank you for acknowledging that All I ever wanted was our identity back and our club run properly from day one :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to where we are in the league and our current crowds disappearing thats totally down to the owner of our club Vincent Tan a fact :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:55 pm

IMO failure to win promotion, ole failed miserably, resulted in the wish cost cut and not go head with further investment or debt to equity.

The blue shirts came in as a sweetner for above.....

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:01 pm

My problem with him is after the upset of Ole failing, he gave up and didn't appoint a decent Manager, there were about ten available of decent quality, especially Pullis who would have changed the club's history for certain, instead he gave up and appointed Slade.........

Massive mistake IMO, and finacially could cost him a fortune, he could have had premiership club to sell instead, if not next eson the eson after.........

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:07 pm

PtB wrote:These terminations aren't really cut backs at present. All the players have been paid up x amount to move on so we're not any better off for that. I'd have preferred to try sell them for small fees, with sell on clauses or players on loan in return in some cases.

If the contract termination is by mutual consent, I presumed both parties walk away without making extra payments.
If the team released a player half way through his contract only then would it have to be paid up until the contracts end?

Obviously the players who are willing to do this are those looking to reestablish themselves elsewhere.

I'm not gonna lie I assume this from playing football manager on the computer :oops: :ugeek:

Am I incorrect?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Luke,

Then gives us half of it back nearly 3 yrs later and were suppose to be thankful, after the club is now so divided and rotten that if he had not,I honestly think they would of had a ghost of a stadium next season and the last 3 years for me have been my worst in 43 years of supporting my club as I honestly was falling out of love with my club.

3. Employed 6 CEO'S and most of them had not a clue about football and Tan having not a clue as well,we were always going to fail in the long run under his ownership.

4.As to the other spending,Tan Allowed his CEO'S/Managers to spend like lunatics and should over seen it better,surely a man like Tan should of seen it was madness our spending.

5.Has continually tried to control managers by bringing in players whether they like it or not.

7. Tan has run our club like a madman and we have looked like a comedy show and like many have said a laughing circus.

Like I say I could go on and on and yes there will be people who disagree with me,but thats their opinions,mine are based on knowing a lot of facts and my opinions :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

And Yes Tan wants out ASAP and I dont blame him as a British Football Club is not for him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Your 2nd point can't be done right now. What is the point in him transferring debt to equity if we're still making massive losses? If he did it now then we'd have debt building up straight away again. We need to reduce the wage bill and reduce running costs before we can even think about Debt to Equity.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Totally agree with Forever Blue...and he appointed a relative, on work experience, as head of recruitment. Now he's asset-stripping before he sells (or attempts to sell) our club. The fans know best and we should run the club as most clubs in Germany are, including highly successful ones like Dortmund.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 pm

bluemun wrote:Totally agree with Forever Blue...and he appointed a relative, on work experience, as head of recruitment. Now he's asset-stripping before he sells (or attempts to sell) our club. The fans know best and we should run the club as most clubs in Germany are, including highly successful ones like Dortmund.

I dont think the fans do know best, fans make rash calls, you need a mix of fan and business head.

You realise Dortmund have come close to bankruptcy a couple of times now in recent years, around 2005?? last time i think. I think a few clubs actually lent them money to get through it. They have only come on again in the last few years.

Dont think German football is really great, having lived there i can tell you its good, but the british papers hype it beyond all belief.

We need to find our own British stamp of running things, and stop thinking that winning the league is amazing if you have handpicked the best players in the world to do it. IE Chelsea, Man City etc.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Yes, My problem with Tan is that his incompetence is the reason we now owe him such a large amount of money, we will never be out of his debt the way he has run this club.

If you take this fire sale for example, if he had employed a decent manager when Solksjaer left, I feel sure that with the talent that was in the squad we would be round about [if not] top of the league, and premiership money would be available next season.

I know people will state that we could not afford to keep what we had, but we have held on to them until now, with a very poor manager indeed.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 pm

high ticket prices.
arrogance and irreverence in his dealings with the fans.
slashing the budget.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Yes and I always will have a problem with him, he took away our identity away and for that I will never forgive him.

Also he may be a successful business man but he should never be a football owner, football is a different kettle of fish, which he hasn't got a clue about. The fact he has employed 6 different CEO's in the time he's been in charge is shocking, a football club needs stability to become successful. A clear plan should've been put in place with someone who has experience in running a football club right at the top of the tree, if the club is professional from the top it will filter down to the football management and on to the pitch. With the amount of money he has "invested", if the right people were in place to make key decisions then I would imagine we would be in a far better place than we are right now.

If he turns up Saturday I will neither abuse or clap him, now we have our identity back it's all about supporting the team for me, even if we are f*cking shit ! :laughing6: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 pm

rontom wrote:Yes, My problem with Tan is that his incompetence is the reason we now owe him such a large amount of money, we will never be out of his debt the way he has run this club.

If you take this fire sale for example, if he had employed a decent manager when Solksjaer left, I feel sure that with the talent that was in the squad we would be round about [if not] top of the league, and premiership money would be available next season.

I know people will state that we could not afford to keep what we had, but we have held on to them until now, with a very poor manager indeed.

I would agree ,This clubs problem is Tan himself and the guy who brought Ole in at a time when we really needed a manager with experience.

I mean you don't take a car to a garage and let a spray painter fix your engine ,no more than you would let a mechanic spray your Ferrari . But thats what we do, Then you get Tan bring in a guy from the 1st division ( Slade ) who has never been near the championship and is proud to say he is My Man . Look at the state we are in now. Its the blind leading the Blind.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Luke,

Im amazed i actually agree with a post by you Annis :laughing6: Top post and 1 i agree with.
Point 4 im unsure about tho. I believe Tan knew exactly was Malky and co was spending. Maybe was to trustworthy :thumbright:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Just so you all know Colourblind, I am convinced as a Jack :D