Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF AFTER PREMIER LEAGUE CENTRE BACK '

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 am

Cardiff City are expected to enquire about signing former Germany international centre-back Robert Huth from Premier League side Stoke City

Cardiff City are lining up a bid for Stoke centre-back Robert Huth, according to the BBC .

The German international has not yet started a Premier League game this season but Russell Slade has said he wants to sign "one or two" players before the transfer window shuts next Tuesday.

The former Chelsea trainee, who has so far been limited to one appearance in the Premier League and three in the cups under Mark Hughes so far this season, has played more than 150 games for Stoke since joining from Middlesbrough in 2009.

And with Bruno Managa coming home early from the African Cup of Nations, Slade could soon have a strong looking centre back department at his disposal as the Bluebirds aim to breathe life back into their stuttering season.

Re: ROBERT HUTH

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 am

Where would that leave our £5 million signing Manga?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 am

nobby wrote:@BBCWalesSport: Cardiff City are expected to enquire about signing former Germany international centre-back Robert Huth from Premier League side Stoke City

Another defender ffs

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 am

manga is leaving boys hate to be the one to let u know but he'll be loaned to someone in france no doubt for the rest the season,he come for a big fee on big wages and again slade doesnt know how to treat payers who are worth a bit more only deals with shit kickers,and as for huth he wouldnt come here,why would anyone we concede more goals than amateur league teams

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 am

Him and manga would be a very good partership in defence and even though i like turner we would have two defenders who can defend and be composed on the ball. I hope manga dosent go mind.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:27 am

Reza wrote:manga is leaving boys hate to be the one to let u know but he'll be loaned to someone in france no doubt for the rest the season,he come for a big fee on big wages and again slade doesnt know how to treat payers who are worth a bit more only deals with shit kickers,and as for huth he wouldnt come here,why would anyone we concede more goals than amateur league teams

How you know manga is off to france or u just guessing and speculating

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:32 am

sorry mate i thought i said i think hell go to france,although i did read something yest that teams in france had made approaches for him on a french football site,but yes just speculating at the min,the fact slade said he can take a hit on a cb confirming what i already thought tho

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:45 am

Reza wrote:sorry mate i thought i said i think hell go to france,although i did read something yest that teams in france had made approaches for him on a french football site,but yes just speculating at the min,the fact slade said he can take a hit on a cb confirming what i already thought tho

Hmmm wont surprise me if he goes to france. Shame if true.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 am

tenerife_blu wrote:
nobby wrote:@BBCWalesSport: Cardiff City are expected to enquire about signing former Germany international centre-back Robert Huth from Premier League side Stoke City

Another defender ffs

We are leaking goals left right and centre, We can actually score, but just to far behind that when we do score it doesnt matter.

I think it would be a great signing for us.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:52 am

Huth would be a great signing in this league. I cant imagine hed have low wages though?.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:57 am

Depressed Blue wrote:Huth would be a great signing in this league. I cant imagine hed have low wages though?.

Maybe we are getting rid of lots of players on high wages and then tan wouldnt mind a few on high wages then after. Guess he would rather say 5 players on high wages instead of 10

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Reza wrote:sorry mate i thought i said i think hell go to france,although i did read something yest that teams in france had made approaches for him on a french football site,but yes just speculating at the min,the fact slade said he can take a hit on a cb confirming what i already thought tho

Personally, I can't see him wanting to stay with the long all parks stuff we play.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:11 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:

Personally, I can't see him wanting to stay with the long all parks stuff we play.

thats my thought to,he was being linked with everton and arsenal in the past and now watches our team hoof the ball everywhere,need to get rid of morrison imo bring in huth and give manga and huth the cb positions peltier to the right and malone to the left,then if we are still conceding goals theres nobody left for slade to blame

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 pm

We leak goals because we need like 3/4 new midfield players.

That said he is a good player, another one over 25 with no resale value at all. But there we are.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:18 pm

If I was true though (and it's a fecking big 'if')

Clearing out all the deadwood and making quality signings with the savings, building from the back, perhaps there's hope yet....

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:20 pm

np20 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Another defender ffs

We are leaking goals left right and centre, We can actually score, but just to far behind that when we do score it doesnt matter.

It's the shite in the middle of the park causing half the problems, it seems Whitts and Gunnar have a devine right to play week in week out. They need shipping out!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Personally I'd like to see manga as the defendsive midfielder .. He's good on the ball and play it around . But can't see it happening

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Will not get excited about this until I see him run out in Blue but on the positive side there could be mileage in short term loan deals because the high wages won't really matter as any potential buyer would know it's a short term deal and could buy the club knowing they are not committed to two or three years of high wages. Perhaps this is the route we'll take at the end of the transfer window.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 pm

arri potta wrote:
np20 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Another defender ffs

It's the shite in the middle of the park causing half the problems, it seems Whitts and Gunnar have a devine right to play week in week out. They need shipping out!

You cant call whitts on here, its a hanging offence. I agree we need people in the middle of the park but we need a centre half just as bad.

I actually think gunnar isnt to bad, i think tom adeyemi is the week link when he plays, im not sure he knows what type of player he wants or has been told to be, never been a hard tackling lad, but tries to be without success.

We need someone to sit alongside Gunnar maybe be it Manga.

Whitts needs to be dropped

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Actually I'm fully sold on the big german.

Make him captain.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 pm

np20 wrote:
arri potta wrote:
np20 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Another defender ffs

You cant call whitts on here, its a hanging offence. I agree we need people in the middle of the park but we need a centre half just as bad.

I actually think gunnar isnt to bad, i think tom adeyemi is the week link when he plays, im not sure he knows what type of player he wants or has been told to be, never been a hard tackling lad, but tries to be without success.

Far too long at this club, and far too long getting 1st team time. Yes they can do a job somewhere but they've had their chance and to be honest, we should cut the sentimental clap trap and work out they cause the defence problems as they don;t work enough as is required - anyone can run around all day, take free kicks and take throw ins!

Time to move on - for us as a club and them!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 pm

corky wrote:Where would that leave our £5 million signing Manga?

Corky, Manga would prob be sold of like the rest.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 pm

np20 wrote:
arri potta wrote:
np20 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Another defender ffs

and I feel like hanging myself when I see they are playing, you know it's the same old, same old................. :old:

Re: ' CARDIFF AFTER PREMIER LEAGUE CENTRE BACK '

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Interestingly doesnt state if this is a loan or a transfer. Looks like he has a 18months left on his contract at stoke.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:53 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

Another defender ffs

Of course he needs another one, the only Manager that loves to swop his back four around every week :roll:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Cardiff City target Stoke City centre back Robert Huth -
After a weekend that saw Kim Bo-Kyung, Guido Burgstaller and John Brayford leave Cardiff City, Russell Slade is reportedly planning to add to his numbers with German defender Robert Huth

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Another defender :shock: I have no idea what is going through Slades mind.

The one position we had strength in depth was defence yet all Slade has done is chop and change the back 4 and blame them for everything at every opportunity.
Turner, Morrison, Manga, Connolly all good defenders at this level (maybe Morrison not so much) and all at a good age, why he would want to bring in 30 year old Huth who will surely be on big wages.
I can only assume Turner and Manga will be moved on in this window for good fees and Huth will arrive on a free.

It is concerning though that the vast majority of work being done is on the defence when that in my opinion was never and still isn’t the problem.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:13 pm

I was fearing we might sell Manga. I hope not cos he is the best player we have left andis still developing.
Huth is a good player, but not if it means losing Manga.
Huth fits into the RSs (shite)strategy of buying players the wrong side of 30 and not currently paying in the first team of the sellingclub!!!. But at least he is a decent player. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Huth and Manga at centre half would be brilliant. For all the people that think Huth is just a replacement for Manga, I think they are wrong. Firstly, because I cannot see it happening as Gabon have been kicked out of the African Cup of Nations, usually players have a little break before they return to their club of about a week and I don't think that Manga will be back by February 2nd. He will probably stay in Africa until he comes back in about a week and I can't see his agent travelling all the way to Africa to have talks with him, especially with this Ebola stuff going on down there. Yes, I know that they can speak on the phone and use FaceTime and other things like that. But, Manga would have to leave Africa to go to the country that the team who want to sign him, come from. I just feel like for the small break that he will have off before he returns over here, that he is probably going to want to stay in Africa to see his family, rather than having to catch planes here, there and everywhere. Also, I cannot see the club that want to sign him, having to send there own medical delegation to carry out his medical in Africa, can you?? They would want his medical taking place in a place where they have the best medical equipment available so they can do a thorough medical assessment. I don't think that anywhere in Gabon or pretty much the whole of Africa, do they have these facilities available like most European Countries.

I hope to god that he stays with us as he is a top defender and if you add Huth
next to him, then together they would be fantastic. Add Peltier to our defence too, then we would look solid as a rock. But, we must sign a defensive midfielder of Makelele like attributes to protect the back four.

Bloooooobirds.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm

What is Gabidon still doing here, he hasn't done a fecking tap ???