Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Cardiff players contract terminated by mutual consen

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 am

Cardiff City fire sale continues as Guido Burgstaller is the latest player to terminate contract by mutual consent

Monday 26th Jan 2015

Over the weekend John Brayford signed for Sheffield United and Kim Bo-Kyung was released, now Guido Burgstaller is the latest player to leave Cardiff City.

Guido Burgstaller is no longer a Cardiff City player
Austrian international Guido Burgstaller is the latest Cardiff City player to head for the exit after terminating his contract by mutual consent.

The 25-year-old, who joined from Rapid Vienna in the summer, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge, only played three times for Cardiff and is now free to find another club.

The seven times capped international featured in the season opener at Blackburn and the first home game against Huddersfield but his last appearance was at Port Vale in the Capital One Cup.

He is the latest player to terminate his contract after Kim Bo-Kyung, Juan Cala and Magnus Eikirem left in similar circumstances

Re: Guido Burgstaller contract terminated by mutual constent

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:14 am

In his handful of appearances he easily did enough to be given a shot at starting.

No logic.

You don't get players like the ones we are releasing for the shoe string budget we now have

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:28 am

Depressed Blue wrote:In his handful of appearances he easily did enough to be given a shot at starting.

No logic.

You don't get players like the ones we are releasing for the shoe string budget we now have

It's surely down to wages, I would imagine that the club have compiled a lit of players who need to go and that list is being dealt with as we are seeing.

The cynic in me is thinking that big earners like Kenwyne who is getting game time are unwilling to mutually content to a contract termination hence he is sticking around to see out his contract. Hence Slades comments about hopefully keeping him, if a club is willing to take us off our hands and match his wages he will be out like the rest of the departees

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

I can only guess is that Burgstaller, along with a number of other players, some of whom have already left, was in the £30.000 plus a week bracket,,,,,wasn't there talk of about 10 or 11 City players in that financial bracket at the beginning of this season?

No doubt, there are quite a few more players on Big, lucrative contracts currently in "talks" regarding there future, & when Russell Slade came out with the comments that the current wage bill was not sustainable, I know where he's coming from.

Carl said last night that there were more players to leave shortly (Six?) & not surprisingly, Burgstaller was one of them!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 am

No surprises there. We are seeing high wage players who are not getting a look in at playing being trimed off the wage ready for next season's expenditure as most probably the pay off will be included in this year's costs.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:04 am

I had no idea he was one of the high earners.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145223

Interesting this. Whats the common denominator?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

Has Dikogei or whatever his name is gone yet? Surely he will be next.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 am

Gavin wrote:Has Dikogei or whatever his name is gone yet? Surely he will be next.

Can't see him leaving in this window, as he's injured!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 am

Another interesting old post;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145932

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145223

Ole

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Blue crow wrote:

Ole

Hardly. First of all tan and dahlman bragged about the transfer committee basically saying any transfer ole made had to go through a commitee of people so if they payed big wages they got themselves to blame. Secondly Maynard, Gunnarson, cornelius and Brayford were all malky signings and they are/were high earners. Whitts is a high earner too. Plenty of them left at the club. This was going on way before ole.
I really doubt burgstaller was paid more than some of these guys, not a big name, wasn't a lot of fight for his signature. But slade wasn't ever going to play him so better get him off the wage bill.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Tommy2 wrote:
Blue crow wrote:

Ole

Hardly. First of all tan and dahlman bragged about the transfer committee basically saying any transfer ole made had to go through a commitee of people so if they payed big wages they got themselves to blame. Secondly Maynard, Gunnarson, cornelius and Brayford were all malky signings and they are/were high earners. Whitts is a high earner too. Plenty of them left at the club. This was going on way before ole.
I really doubt burgstaller was paid more than some of these guys, not a big name, wasn't a lot of fight for his signature. But slade wasn't ever going to play him so better get him off the wage bill.

All 12 players on that list were signed during OGS's watch, including Zaha, who I do recall, Ollie wanting to sign on a permanent deal last Summer. What an escape that one was. As for Burgstaller, the fact that he was an International continental player suggests he was on a high wage, & the real reason he has been allowed to leave, IMO.

Re: Another Cardiff players contract terminated by mutual co

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Seems strange he wasnt even given a chance instead flooding the bench with defenders.

It wouldnt have even matter if he got injured as it looks like we have paid him up.

Re: Another Cardiff players contract terminated by mutual co

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

From what I see I can only presume Ole signed players on high wages, and probably built in "appearance clauses", this would explain why supposedly decent players were not playing.

The club leadership made a big mistake with regards to the Rebrand , but they have finally listened to supporters and are no doubt exercising this cost cutting exercise because they have concluded we will probably not get promotion.

Cashflow is critical to any business and so is managing cost. The club has to focus on where we are, we are mid table and will most probably not even made play-offs.

Russell Slade's objective now is probably to just keep us up. The club will then probably bring a new guy in during the summer and start again.

Also there might be an "ambiance over-hang" from Ole's signings, so moving them on makes some sense, they haven't performed in general.

In principle I don't disagree with what they are doing now, but think if they had brought in a more experienced Championship manager we wouldn't have needed to be in this position now.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:
Blue crow wrote:

Ole

All 12 players on that list were signed during OGS's watch, including Zaha, who I do recall, Ollie wanting to sign on a permanent deal last Summer. What an escape that one was. As for Burgstaller, the fact that he was an International continental player suggests he was on a high wage, & the real reason he has been allowed to leave, IMO.

Generally foreign internationals are less expensive then good English players. And the most expensive signing ole made in terms of his wages is Kenwyne jones and he Is still here. And remember cornelius who went from 6k to 45 k? My point is this was going on long before ole. They even that had that commitee to ensure ole didn't do what malky did, because tan was so unhappy with that.
So it's bollocks to put this down to one person. It's a failure throughout the club.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Tommy2 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:
Blue crow wrote:

Ole

Generally foreign internationals are less expensive then good English players. And the most expensive signing ole made in terms of his wages is Kenwyne jones and he Is still here. And remember cornelius who went from 6k to 45 k? My point is this was going on long before ole. They even that had that commitee to ensure ole didn't do what malky did, because tan was so unhappy with that.
So it's bollocks to put this down to one person. It's a failure throughout the club.

I agree it's a failure throughout the club, & Vincent Tan is ultimately to blame for things getting to this state.

For me it all started turning sour when Malky Mackay signed Cornilius. He also has to answer for Brayford & Lappin to the list of new player not being played in the Premiership. As for Kenwyn Jones, remember he was a straight swap for Peter Odemwingie, another one of Malky's signings.

As for OGS, it cannot be denied that he was given an open cheque book in order to first, to Keep us in the Premiership, & secondly, when the first objective failed, to return us back at the very first opportunity,,,which, as things turned out, he did with what seemed like a lot of enthusiasm at the time. All this resulted in squad of players post season, which most pundits & fans agreed was the Best City squad in years, & would challenge for Promotion, yet again.

The rest is now history, but the money wasted on players contracts & agent fees is not. That still has to be paid, now, & I guess well into the future too. It's all to reminiscent of the situation that Leeds Utd faced a few years ago, when they were still paying players, or owed monies to player who had already left years before. I recall Robbie Fowler being just one example.